Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 890 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,225 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

How does someone not have time to sign signature sheets. I imagine they sit in front of the tv for a little bit everyday. Knock out a chunk a night.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    If we were handling the announcements the same way then as we are now, the book wouldn't have been announced until March or so of this year...If current policies had been in place, it wouldn't have been a big deal.
    The policy change is a clear step forward and an important indicator of where CD's thinking is; I just hope the time it takes to publish the titles predating it isn't too painful (although it is right now).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    How does someone not have time to sign signature sheets. I imagine they sit in front of the tv for a little bit everyday. Knock out a chunk a night.
    That part of VanderMeer's comment caught my eye as well. Not that it excuses anything CD might've done wrong, but Jesus, dude - yank your thumb out and get going.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    That part of VanderMeer's comment caught my eye as well. Not that it excuses anything CD might've done wrong, but Jesus, dude - yank your thumb out and get going.
    Del Toro was an issue too if I recall. And an unnamed author on the shock lines new voices of horror book. Which probably needs a new title at this point.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

How does someone not have time to sign signature sheets.
    Del Toro was an issue too if I recall...
    Yes; I'm pretty sure I heard Del Toro was/is the jello they could never nail to the wall.

A lot of authors and artists are rock stars about knocking out the signature sheets right away. Some are not. Having signed a lot of sheets, I do get it. Signing sheets can SUCK.

My personal preference is, if someone needs a little more time to sign NICE, take that time instead of just slapping some scribbles on the page. But for some people, that scribble is how they sign, so it is what it is. My signature isn't pretty, I know that, so I'm not one to criticize. But I am always thrilled when someone has a great signature and a good turnaround time.

Some random stories about signature sheets, with no names attached.

One signer, after getting tired of me following up, had his business manager come over to his house and slide the pages in front of him one at a time so he would be forced to get them done.

There was a set of sheets for an anthology that had been signed by nearly 25 authors (over a period of two years) when the box vanished in the USPS system on the way to the last person.

There was one that was a total screw up on my part. I kept contacting the agent who had negotiated the deal, trying to make arrangements for the author to sign because I had thought the agent was the author's agent... After six months of radio silence, I find out via another publisher that the agent isn't the author's agent at all, but was representing the trade publisher (something I had never encountered before, usually there's just a rights person at the pub you deal with), and was just ignoring the requests. Once I was in touch with the right person, the author signed in two weeks.

The one that has always killed me a little inside... There was an author who had sheets for two years. We followed up, and followed up, and followed up... and one day they arrived back, unsigned, with a note from the author's sister. She was cleaning up his place while he was in a mental health facility, and she didn't think he'd be up to signing them anytime soon.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I love CD but am starting to consider pulling my money… I have A LOT with them. And the stuff I’m reading and seeing is very concerning to me. I do not understand why they just don’t fill the backlogs. When your authors are getting mad at you like that? It’s a real problem.
    They don't fill the backlogs because they can't afford to fill the backlogs because they are using the money from new pre-orders to pay for production of older books that are already sold.
    That is the definition of a Ponzi scheme
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love CD, though.

an Ebay purchased Full Dark No Stars is what got me into the Collectible book game.

and Brian (and Mindy) has helped me out with issues/orders a LOT of times. I'm sad to see CD going though such chaotic PR when the issues seem to obviously come from the top down.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of authors and artists are rock stars about knocking out the signature sheets right away. Some are not. Having signed a lot of sheets, I do get it. Signing sheets can SUCK.

My personal preference is, if someone needs a little more time to sign NICE, take that time instead of just slapping some scribbles on the page….
    Theres a difference between needing more time and taking 3 years because you have “no time”. They should have just said no to signing if they didn’t want to do it. And having your manager keep putting the sheets in front of you to sign them? I get that it’s a chore but come on, you’re signing your name to 1000 sheets at the most. Grab a stack and put on an episode of your favorite show.

The sheets with 10-15-20 people I get. Coordinating the signings and the bouncing around the sheets in the mail takes time. Especially when the usps loses them.

Oh, and that agent couldn’t direct you to the right person? What an ass.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some random stories about signature sheets, with no names attached...
    Thanks; these are entertaining.

One signer, after getting tired of me following up, had his business manager come over to his house and slide the pages in front of him one at a time so he would be forced to get them done.
    I love that, despite the author's awareness that he needed his own manager to prod him into signing, he was tired of you.

There was a set of sheets for an anthology that had been signed by nearly 25 authors (over a period of two years) when the box vanished in the USPS system on the way to the last person.
    I think in cases like this I'd want to hire a guy to go on the road, like a courier on retainer, and just full-time live with the sheets (it wouldn't be cheap, but it would get done).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't weighed in here in awhile and just want to say that it is a real shame to see all this discontent with, CD AGAIN after, Brian worked so hard and successfully rebuild their reputation some years ago. The same goes to, Mindy who is also wonderful to deal with. I know from intimate contact what a monumental job, Brian had ahead of him back then and he was a success for the large part. I can only surmise that his hands are tied by ownership and CD has begun to slide into old habits once again.

It's a damn shame as so many good people are working so hard to produce top quality editions and are being handicapped by senior management. My hat goes off to you, Brian and your staff. You don't deserve the negative responses which seem to have landed in your lap.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I think in cases like this I'd want to hire a guy to go on the road, like a courier on retainer, and just full-time live with the sheets (it wouldn't be cheap, but it would get done).
    There was one project where we really did discuss if it be easier to just have someone fly out to LA for the weekend with the sheets, get the author to sign in-between his other obligations and adventures, and then fly back once they were done.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Brian - Will you be crediting the CDCC 11 accounts $10 for the last month of our membership? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Brian - Will you be crediting the CDCC 11 accounts $10 for the last month of our membership? Thanks!
    Yep, I’ll do that tonight! I usually try to knock it out in the first day or two, but I must have accidentally cleared my reminder. Thanks for the heads up!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Tabitha King's Caretakers has had the same status update for at least a year now.

Caretakers by Tabitha King:
    This book is completely designed, proofread, and ready for the printer as soon as the author has time to sign the signature sheets.

Does she have the signature sheets and she's just not signing them? I don't get it. Even if you sign only a few per day it could've been done a long time ago.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    It should be on your account now.

Brian

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I haven't weighed in here in awhile and just want to say that it is a real shame to see all this discontent with, CD AGAIN after, Brian worked so hard and successfully rebuild their reputation some years ago. The same goes to, Mindy who is also wonderful to deal with. I know from intimate contact what a monumental job, Brian had ahead of him back then and he was a success for the large part. I can only surmise that his hands are tied by ownership and CD has begun to slide into old habits once again.

It's a damn shame as so many good people are working so hard to produce top quality editions and are being handicapped by senior management. My hat goes off to you, Brian and your staff. You don't deserve the negative responses which seem to have landed in your lap.
    Hear, hear!

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

When was this time-frame you're referring to?
    (the successful rebuilding time-frame)
    Thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Fold the CD team into Lividian and move on. With control of the entire process quality products will be consistently delivered on time.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian & Dan,

When will The Night Country ship?

What is the status of the Flight or Fright lettered? The production page update is old where the lettered is concerned.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Hi Brian & Dan,

When will The Night Country ship?

What is the status of the Flight or Fright lettered? The production page update is old where the lettered is concerned.

Thank you
    Dan will have to fill you in on the shipping schedule, but I can help with Flight or Fright.

SK is supposed to be signing the Flight or Fright Lettered Edition sheets when he signs the sheets for another project, which will be before the end of the year. We had to wait until he was done with his Billy Summers promo obligations for his schedule to shake out a bit.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SK is supposed to be signing the Flight or Fright Lettered Edition sheets when he signs the sheets for another project, which will be before the end of the year. We had to wait until he was done with his Billy Summers promo obligations for his schedule to shake out a bit.

Brian
    wait. i cant be the only one to wonder what the other project is...
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Traveler JohnSmith will become famous soon enough JohnSmith's Avatar

It might be the third Gwendy signed/numbered book.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems to early for Gwendy’s Task so maybe a PS Publishing lettered?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    It might be the third Gwendy signed/numbered book.
    It figures that Johnny Smith would know that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 849 of 890 FirstFirst ... 349 749 799 839 847 848 849 850 851 859 ... LastLast