Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 815 of 890 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 825 865 ... LastLast
Results 20,351 to 20,375 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

“If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    WOW! Love that shot!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't got around to reading the Matthew Corbett series yet. I recently purchased all 7 books in the series so I plan to start soonish

So many books, so little time.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Still waiting for CDCC 8,9 & 10 exclusive books
    Still waiting for Waiting by Rick Hautala for the Cemetery Dance Book Club 4 ordered 12/08/2013.

Not to mention Turn Down the Lights Artist Edition ordered 11/11/2013.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Still waiting for CDCC 8,9 & 10 exclusive books
    Still waiting for Waiting by Rick Hautala for the Cemetery Dance Book Club 4 ordered 12/08/2013.

Not to mention Turn Down the Lights Artist Edition ordered 11/11/2013.
    Damn - your patience is impressive

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting for almost 7 years for a book called Waiting. Classic Cemetery Dance.

Sad and funny at the same time.

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post

since Rick Huatala died suddenly 7 years ago, I wonder if that has anything to do with the delay? ( im 'waiting' for it too )
    I am sure it is already written but who knows , maybe the signature sheets are in storage or something. just guessing

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Foam has returned and kudos to CD on this case for The Institute. The book slides right out with Brodart on.

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Only 7? Newbie!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Only 7? Newbie!
    Yeah I know, I've heard some of the stories

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The Foam has returned and kudos to CD on this case for The Institute. The book slides right out with Brodart on.

This will probably be the last major appearance of this foam, unless I find a better way to cut it. This go around killed the electric knife from last time and killed a brand new one I ordered to replace the broken one. So it may be back to styrofoam sheets.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=DanHocker;1214159]

This will probably be the last major appearance of this foam, unless I find a better way to cut it. This go around killed the electric knife from last time and killed a brand new one I ordered to replace the broken one. So it may be back to styrofoam sheets.
    Or just fill them with peanuts unless the Styrofoam is more cost effective.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Brian861;1214175]
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Ehh it's 50/50 but we're moving away from using peanuts all together, and peanuts are less effective as unless the bubble bags are really tight they kinda just fall out. I only use this weird foam when the size of the case doesn't match up well with the sizes that the styrofoam sheets come in.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Are there hot-wire cutters designed to cut styrofoam? I seem to remember something of that sort from when I was a kid.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=DanHocker;1214177]

Ehh it's 50/50 but we're moving away from using peanuts all together, and peanuts are less effective as unless the bubble bags are really tight they kinda just fall out. I only use this weird foam when the size of the case doesn't match up well with the sizes that the styrofoam sheets come in.
    I noticed the slipcase was packaged with packing paper vs peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Are there hot-wire cutters designed to cut styrofoam? I seem to remember something of that sort from when I was a kid.

HBJ
    There are, and that's a option. They're just generally more money than I'd prefer to spend on something like that, that will probably only get used infrequently, since I only need the special foam for cases that end up being a odd thickness. Plus there's also the burning hazard and melting plastic fumes to think about.

[QUOTE=Brian861;1214179]

I noticed the slipcase was packaged with packing paper vs peanuts.
    Yep. We're giving a trial run to a packing paper machine right now, and it seems to be working out pretty well. So we're probably going to keep using that going forward. Saves a lot of mess in the warehouse as well as all that plastic waste. And as long as the guys use plenty of paper it really shouldn't have any effect on the quality of the packing.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. We're giving a trial run to a packing paper machine right now, and it seems to be working out pretty well. So we're probably going to keep using that going forward. Saves a lot of mess in the warehouse as well as all that plastic waste. And as long as the guys use plenty of paper it really shouldn't have any effect on the quality of the packing.
    Or you could go full blown Amazon style and use air cushions lol. I swear, they must own stock in that stuff.

Or you could go full blown Amazon style and use air cushions lol. I swear, they must own stock in that stuff.
    Our local shipping supply company tried to sell me on air cushions. I refused. They really only work if your boxes are oversized and even then the books would probably be flopping around loose (if Amazon is any indicator).

Country
    Country Flag

Our local shipping supply company tried to sell me on air cushions. I refused. They really only work if your boxes are oversized and even then the books would probably be flopping around loose (if Amazon is any indicator).
    Yeppers.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered two books and a Blu-Ray from Amazon recently. They all came in the same box with only one air cushion and it wasn't even inflated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I ordered two books and a Blu-Ray from Amazon recently. They all came in the same box with only one air cushion and it wasn't even inflated.
    when iread this, the 'Debbie Downer' horn sound played in my head so I had to share:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1AjaNjack
    hope the link works ;/
    i hate the way Amazon ships new releases so i tend to get books from VJ Books, i recently got a signed first edition of Malorie by Josh Malerman, , had a brodart mylar cover , the signature was a special tipped in page, and the books was in a box full of bubble wrap and foam popcorn. That is how i want a newrelease sent to me, not in a oversized box full of air or a barely padded envelope, eveything i get from Amazon gets dinged to death!
    Cemetery Dance has always shipped books ectremly protected, I order all my PS books from CD for cheaper shipping and better packing, It is worth the wait

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly why I rarely buy hardcover books from Amazon anymore. It's pretty much guaranteed they'll arrive all dinged up.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly why I rarely buy hardcover books from Amazon anymore. It's pretty much guaranteed they'll arrive all dinged up.
    I still order books from Amazon, with the understanding these are my "reading" copies. If it is a book I want to collect, I order another copy from CD (preferably with the custom slipcase).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I order a book from Amazon I will return it over and over until the book is perfect. I ordered 6 copies of Brother in Paperback (to get signed) before they got it right. I think I may have a note on my account. They come properly packed now.

Here is an idea- pack the fucking books right the first time

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 815 of 890 FirstFirst ... 315 715 765 805 813 814 815 816 817 825 865 ... LastLast