Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 814 of 889 FirstFirst ... 314 714 764 804 812 813 814 815 816 824 864 ... LastLast
Results 20,326 to 20,350 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this topic has been brought up previously.....and I do not want to beat a dead horse......but I am going to.

I love the slipcases that CD makes.....but I do not love the fit....they are often too tight with a Brodart....and often snug without.

In the past CD has stated that the majority of their customers who buy their slipcases do not use Brodarts (or similar DJ protectors). I have no reason to doubt that......but I would argue that those customers who do not care enough to put a Brodart on their DJs....also would not care if CD opened up their cases by one millimeter.

I ask our friends at CD to consider this when making their future slipcases.....that they have an opportunity to increase satisfaction in a large group of their customers....without decreasing satisfaction in another group.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

I’m totally on board with that idea if doesn’t make a big difference for the non-Brodart books! Are you thinking for all cases or just the aftermarket SK ones?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for the response Brian....and your willingness to accommodate.

Frankly....all of them.....but the worst offenders that I have seen are the aftermarket SK slipcases.

Hearts in Suspension and Elevation are almost impossible to get out of the slipcase with a Brodart on.

One mm would make all the difference.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Sometimes there is also a little size variation between the approval case and the final case — just a tiny amount — which is how you end up with super tight cases (in general) sometimes.

Our concern in the past has been that sometimes the size variation goes in the other direction, which makes the cases a little bit bigger on the “standard” book... which actually works out well for the collectors who cover their DJs! But our concern has been if we add a smidge of room AND the size variation goes on the bigger side, will the fit be too loose on regular books without Brodarts?

But I totally get where you’re coming from, and I’ll thinking we just go for it and try on the IF IT BLEEDS cases. (Which I will have a cool update on shortly, I hope.)

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Sometimes there is also a little size variation between the approval case and the final case — just a tiny amount — which is how you end up with super tight cases (in general) sometimes.

Our concern in the past has been that sometimes the size variation goes in the other direction, which makes the cases a little bit bigger on the “standard” book... which actually works out well for the collectors who cover their DJs.

But our concern has been if we add a smidge of room AND the size variation goes on the bigger side, will the fit be too loose on regular books without Brodarts?

But I totally get where you’re coming from, and I’ll thinking we just go for it and try on the IF IT BLEEDS cases. (Which I will have a cool update on shortly, I hope.)

Brian

Brian
    Yea that sizing variation has been a problem in the past. I don't remember it with Hearts In Suspension, but it was definitely a problem on Elevation. The guys were actually manually stretching the cases to get a better fit before shipping them out.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Our concern in the past has been that sometimes the size variation goes in the other direction, which makes the cases a little bit bigger on the “standard” book... which actually works out well for the collectors who cover their DJs.

But our concern has been if we add a smidge of room AND the size variation goes on the bigger side, will the fit be too loose on regular books without Brodarts?

Brian

Brian
    Yea that sizing variation has been a problem in the past. I don't remember it with Hearts In Suspension, but it was definitely a problem on Elevation. The guys were actually manually stretching the cases to get a better fit before shipping them out.
    I agree with the idea of loosening the slipcases for brodart. I will say that I have Hearts in Suspension in a CD case with Brodart and while it is snug it is not uncomfortably so.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Having a millimeter of wiggle room height wise is a good idea anyway, I think. If the dust jacket isn’t quite flush with the book at the top, a snug slipcase can cause the top jacket edges to get crimped.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Along the Path of the Beam The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about The_Antiquarian has a spectacular aura about

My search continues for Cemetery Dance's

Horror Hall of Fame Lettered "S" copy!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also a quick update. I got word yesterday that the Institute cases have finally shipped out to us. I'm not sure when they'll be here (tracking didn't have an estimated delivery date yet), but assuming they arrive later this week I would expect them to be shipping out to customers either the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.

Right on time, got my shipping notice today!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Also a quick update. I got word yesterday that the Institute cases have finally shipped out to us. I'm not sure when they'll be here (tracking didn't have an estimated delivery date yet), but assuming they arrive later this week I would expect them to be shipping out to customers either the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.

Right on time, got my shipping notice today!
    Received mine as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post

I revcently acquired this Carrie proof, it has alternate cover art. In the proof collecting community we are very curious how many of these were printed?
    Does brian know?
    As far as i know these were included in some CD grab bags, so far I count four.
    I will dig back through old printer invoices and see what I can find!

Brian
    Brian, did you ever happen to find anymore info on this Carrie proof?
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Paging Dr. Dan, the CD Forum is down. I don't have anything to post there right now, just thought you should know.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Paging Dr. Dan, the CD Forum is down. I don't have anything to post there right now, just thought you should know.
    Yea I saw that this morning. I'm not sure what's up. We put an support ticket in with the hosting company. I think the forums may have been hacked again, but I'm really not sure.

Ok we're back up. There was apparently a security patch for all Vbulletin software like 10 days ago. I don't get any of those notices from Vbulletin for some reason, and we were hit with whatever the exploit was over the weekend. I don't think they even rolled back the database, so there shouldn't be any lost posts or anything.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Ok we're back up. There was apparently a security patch for all Vbulletin software like 10 days ago. I don't get any of those notices from Vbulletin for some reason, and we were hit with whatever the exploit was over the weekend. I don't think they even rolled back the database, so there shouldn't be any lost posts or anything.
    Awesome. Thank you, Dan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Random question: any idea when your copies of Full Throttle will ship? No hurry - I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Random question: any idea when your copies of Full Throttle will ship? No hurry - I'm just curious.

Thanks!
    From Sub Press? Pretty sure that Brady packed those yesterday. I believe he's shipping our copies of The Silence from SST today.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my slipcase for The Institute today.

Very nice case...and nice fit (with a Brodart on) too.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Thanks!
    From Sub Press? Pretty sure that Brady packed those yesterday. I believe he's shipping our copies of The Silence from SST today.
    Thanks!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CDCC 11 is arriving soon. Any news on when the limited edition book that waa supposed to be included with CDCC 9 AND 10 will be shipped?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    CDCC 11 is arriving soon. Any news on when the limited edition book that waa supposed to be included with CDCC 9 AND 10 will be shipped?
    I hope to have some news this fall on a couple of those "not for sale" club type books.

Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

seeking: anything DT related #246
    I did not re-sign up. I didn't because I didn't get any books like I was promised. I also only collect King and thought it might not be for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for CDCC 8,9 & 10 exclusive books

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    oh wow.. I didnt realize that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    I’m hoping to have some good news about those (and some other projects) pretty soon! Thank you for your patience. I know the wait can get frustrating.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 814 of 889 FirstFirst ... 314 714 764 804 812 813 814 815 816 824 864 ... LastLast