Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 806 of 890 FirstFirst ... 306 706 756 796 804 805 806 807 808 816 856 ... LastLast
Results 20,126 to 20,150 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    A question for the CD folk about signature sheets. I assume (and correct me if i am wrong) that part of any contract with an author and any artists that are associated with a project is the timely submission or return of all the pieces and parts related to that project. That would include signature sheets. If this is indeed part of a contract, then why are there cases like Strange Weather where your production page states that one of the artists has had the sig sheets in their possessions for over a YEAR! I understand that life and work sometimes gets in the way, but what about responsibility and the honoring of written agreements? And if this is not the case, that this is not part of any standard contract, why isn’t it? Perhaps it is easier to just not rock the boat, but people like that are making you guys look bad.

Thanks!
    I believe I made some of those same arguments over on the CD forum, Chris awhile back and the answer was in a nutshell, don't ruffle the "creative's" feathers or they'll refuse to work with you again. I hadn't read the sig sheets had been in someone's hands for over a year. That's ridiculous.

Jeff makes some exactly points as I'm sure there are plenty of talented, starving artist out there who could get the work done in a timely matter. I'm sure there are probably a ton of other reasons it's been delayed so long that CD can't or won't discuss openly.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Structure the pay for artists such that 50% of the total pay is dispensed upon receipt of the signature sheets.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Apathy is a hell of a lever.
    What's crazy to me is that it's just SO easy! Like no thought required.
    Bingo. They just...don't...care.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Structure the pay for artists such that 50% of the total pay is dispensed upon receipt of the signature sheets.
    This is a kickass idea.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    A question for the CD folk about signature sheets. I assume (and correct me if i am wrong) that part of any contract with an author and any artists that are associated with a project is the timely submission or return of all the pieces and parts related to that project. That would include signature sheets. If this is indeed part of a contract, then why are there cases like Strange Weather where your production page states that one of the artists has had the sig sheets in their possessions for over a YEAR! I understand that life and work sometimes gets in the way, but what about responsibility and the honoring of written agreements? And if this is not the case, that this is not part of any standard contract, why isn’t it? Perhaps it is easier to just not rock the boat, but people like that are making you guys look bad.

Thanks!
    I believe I made some of those same arguments over on the CD forum, Chris awhile back and the answer was in a nutshell, don't ruffle the "creative's" feathers or they'll refuse to work with you again. I hadn't read the sig sheets had been in someone's hands for over a year. That's ridiculous.

Jeff makes some exactly points as I'm sure there are plenty of talented, starving artist out there who could get the work done in a timely matter. I'm sure there are probably a ton of other reasons it's been delayed so long that CD can't or won't discuss openly.

I was thinking the “artistic temperament” may be a big factor in this, but at some point you need to either shit or get off the pot. Looking at the list of artists working on Strange Weather i think we can safely remove Gabe Rodriguez and CPW III from the list of delays. They have both worked with Joe on many, many projects and seemingly have too much respect for each other to pull this kind of move. The others? Never heard of them. Now, that doesn’t really mean much, but they aren’t names i know.

We don’t need to blacklist anyone, just don’t hire them again. At some point they may get the hint.

If this were entirely a CD thing, we would be screaming about their irresponsibility and lack of concern for the customer or whatever. I am not pointing any fingers at CD (except to think that maybe someone could get a little “ultimatum-ly” about this). I would just like these temperamental creative types (authors included) to show some respect for us as well. Don’t commit to something you can’t complete.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Artists need to line up new work. If it's known that the artist is difficult and unprofessional then work dries up. Small press publishing is not a huge pond and if CD talks to PS and talks to Suntup and so on and that artist will find work is tougher to come by. Not saying that it's a thing to use lightly, but letting the world know that hundreds of people are waiting on one artist is a course of action. And of course, the idea that there's a bridge burned with that particular publisher. As well as possible legal action. None of these are preferable to a little patience, but there has to be a time when the patience runs out.
    Sure. That would work for the next project(s). It doesn't help with the currently-stalled sheets. Not quickly, anyway. If they cared about a threat of "we won't work with you," they'd care about honoring their previous commitment(s) so that doesn't happen.

And legal action costs $$$ and still doesn't guarantee cooperation.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yes... #1. I have a couple letter A's and that doesn't do anything for me. #1 I think would.... only cause it is cool. And I wouldn't pay much more after market for one..
    A lower number could be important if you are trying to complete a set when the latter books in the series have increased limitations, like the dark tower.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I can’t help but think CD’s position, every time, is similar to a guy with his first really attractive girlfriend: he tires of the nonsense and agrees with his friends when they criticize, but above all he doesn’t want her to leave (hot doesn’t grow on trees).

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm new to collecting King so any input would be welcomed.

Someone has offered to sell me the S/L of Full Dark, No Stars for $575. Is that a fair price? I've looked around a little bit and it seems like it's more than fair. Thoughts?
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems about right. Better deals can be had, but it may take some time. If someone jumps in and offers you one for $500, jump!

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post

Someone has offered to sell me the S/L of Full Dark, No Stars for $575. Is that a fair price? I've looked around a little bit and it seems like it's more than fair. Thoughts?
    Not a bad price, but someone here has one for $525. Why not save $50 and shop local?

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...ds#post1203436

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post

Not a bad price, but someone here has one for $525. Why not save $50 and shop local?

Oh wow...I must have missed that when I was in that thread. Probably not going to find a better deal than that anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post

Oh wow...I must have missed that when I was in that thread. Probably not going to find a better deal than that anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    Happy to help facilitate!

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Was able to get it from Steve for 500 and yes, RF I did jump at that price.

This is actually my first ever signed King book. Couldn't be happier.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Was able to get it from Steve for 500 and yes, RF I did jump at that price.

This is actually my first ever signed King book. Couldn't be happier.
    Well congrats! That’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I love to see collectors helping collectors. The folks here have always helped me out and I'm happy to help them out. =) Some light during these dark times.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that Night Shift is finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I have to ask has there been any forward movement on The Stand?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Now that Night Shift is finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I have to ask has there been any forward movement on The Stand?
    I forget the details, but I believe, since Night Shift has been backed up, progress has been made on The Stand, but with less discussion since it's not the next one up. I know some of Dameron's illustrations have been out there for a while.

Also, ICry4Oy, I don't know why your signature is "Messin' with Sasquatch," but if you like those commercials...you are not alone.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's some CD The Stand info:

An image from 1/11/20: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1179587

Some Dameron images: https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...=1#post1121426

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Case in point to things getting signed/drawn. Tabitha King. I just double checked the production update for Caretakers and it hasn't changed from "author having time to sign" This November will be three years since that order was placed but who's going to take the chance of pissing her off? I'm sure that's a line no one wants to cross and understandably so but three years?

Side note: I hope once Night Shift is rolling out the door the remarques roll pretty quickly too. Excited to see what I get!
    Also, does anyone think Ned will remarque The Stand?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Pretty much everything's been said about the sig sheets, but usually the complications come with people that we haven't worked with before. Often times it's a one off thing. It sucks, but there's really not much we can do about it when it happens.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Side note: I hope once Night Shift is rolling out the door the remarques roll pretty quickly too. Excited to see what I get!
    Also, does anyone think Ned will remarque The Stand?
    Per usual with the Double Day stuff the remarques will ship as soon as we're done the non remarqued books. We'll have them in hand at the same time, we just won't ship them at the same time as we don't want to risk mixing them up with the regular books.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Can't wait...

Geez! My notifications stop working and I miss all the conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    All of the artwork is done, and all of the signature sheets are signed.

Proofreading has proven to be a slog because the digital file we received was full of scanning errors, which we didn't realize until after design was completed. (We don't copyedit files that come from the trade publisher, they're usually in good shape. We still proofread our designed pages, though!) This is going to take all of our proofreaders given the SIZE of the book, but we're making progress.

I can't give a date because all of that is out of my control, but I can assure everyone that we haven't been waiting on Night Shift to be done to start on The Stand.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 806 of 890 FirstFirst ... 306 706 756 796 804 805 806 807 808 816 856 ... LastLast