Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 796 of 890 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 ... LastLast
Results 19,876 to 19,900 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful Barker book
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Got my IF IT BLEEDS today, which is weird, because I received it less than a week after it was mailed, while books sent to me from New York and California up to over a month ago have not. Unfortunately, it's a 'reading copy', with the upper spine a bit crushed and some other minor defects. At least it's a 1st printing. Ah well...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordered the Bleeds slipcase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Got my IF IT BLEEDS today, which is weird, because I received it less than a week after it was mailed, while books sent to me from New York and California up to over a month ago have not. Unfortunately, it's a 'reading copy', with the upper spine a bit crushed and some other minor defects. At least it's a 1st printing. Ah well...
    Sorry to hear that. Feel free to email for a replacement. I know there's been more damage than usual on this title from S&S.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Feel free to email for a replacement. I know there's been more damage than usual on this title from S&S.
    Nah, I'll keep it. I have the mint one from Wal-Mart, of all places, and it's good enough for me. But thanks for the offer.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there any more Michael Koryta titles to be announced anytime soon?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Are there any more Michael Koryta titles to be announced anytime soon?
    Three in production... to be announced once they’re ready for OR at the printer! Thanks for asking. He’s awesome.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. He's one of my favorites. And thanks!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here have any experience canceling CD orders? I sent an email to order@cemeterydance.com about a week and a half ago and haven’t heard back. If that’s not abnormal, no problem at all. I just wanted to be sure that I went about it properly and see if anyone has any insight as to the process. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience canceling CD orders? I sent an email to order@cemeterydance.com about a week and a half ago and haven’t heard back. If that’s not abnormal, no problem at all. I just wanted to be sure that I went about it properly and see if anyone has any insight as to the process. Thanks!
    Mindy usually replies within a few days, but sometimes emails go into the spam folder and we are not the best at digging through there.

Please free to forward your email to me — brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com — and I will check with her!

Thanks!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Mindy usually replies within a few days, but sometimes emails go into the spam folder and we are not the best at digging through there.

Please free to forward your email to me — brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com — and I will check with her!

Thanks!

Brian
    Thanks for the quick reply Brian. I sent that email along to you. And no worries about any delays or anything. I’m not in a rush at all. Much appreciated!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered one of these:

https://teespring.com/sb-die-cut-sti...794&cid=103544

Pretty cool.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully they come out alright. It took a lot of fooling around in Photoshop to get the file right for that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all! Anyone else go for the 12 month CD book club back in March? Just wondering if May has shipped yet. April's book shipped on the 15th, so I keep expecting to see an email. Maybe Brian, you could give an update? Much appreciated!

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea when CD might open again to fiction submissions?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Frondz View Post
    Hey all! Anyone else go for the 12 month CD book club back in March? Just wondering if May has shipped yet. April's book shipped on the 15th, so I keep expecting to see an email. Maybe Brian, you could give an update? Much appreciated!
    May got a bit bogged down with some other shipping stuff that drug on a bit longer than was ideal and the month ended up getting away from us. Mostly it's Best of CD 2's fault because not only did it fill our storage warehouse, it ended up burying the stuff for the May shipment. Anyways, we'll be done Best of CD 2 this week, then I have 2 urgent other publisher titles that people are jumping for (they should ship quickly), then we'll ship the May and June books at the same time.

John F. Kennedy programmer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool

I did a cancellation request today and mindy did cancel and refund it within a few hours.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

May got a bit bogged down with some other shipping stuff that drug on a bit longer than was ideal and the month ended up getting away from us. Mostly it's Best of CD 2's fault because not only did it fill our storage warehouse, it ended up burying the stuff for the May shipment. Anyways, we'll be done Best of CD 2 this week, then I have 2 urgent other publisher titles that people are jumping for (they should ship quickly), then we'll ship the May and June books at the same time.
    Hi Dan, certainly willing to offer some slack due to COVID, but...the whole point of a book-of-the-month offer was to have a dependable rhythm of a book every month. I perceived this offer partly as a response to backlogs and uncertainties with other books. Call it a small salve while customers wait years-&-years for other pre-orders. Saying you'll get to the May book AFTER you let 2 other books jump the queue is not a good look. NOTHING at CD runs on time -- this monthly book club was an opportunity to establish an example of dependability in your pipeline. And it's not off to a good start.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here have any experience canceling CD orders?
    Is never a problem - always quick and hassle-free - and no questions asked.
    If there's a delay in getting back to you - sure there are logistic reasons.

Sure Mindy will be in touch - if she hasn't already.

sk

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Hi Dan, certainly willing to offer some slack due to COVID, but...the whole point of a book-of-the-month offer was to have a dependable rhythm of a book every month. I perceived this offer partly as a response to backlogs and uncertainties with other books. Call it a small salve while customers wait years-&-years for other pre-orders. Saying you'll get to the May book AFTER you let 2 other books jump the queue is not a good look. NOTHING at CD runs on time -- this monthly book club was an opportunity to establish an example of dependability in your pipeline. And it's not off to a good start.
    I understand what you're saying, but we do what we can. There's only soo many hours in the day to ship books, and something is always more important than something else in the shipping queue. We have to choose the shipping order that's going to annoy less people. Most people won't care that they'll get 2 books in June instead. But people have been emailing every day since Borderlands released their Little McCammon book asking when their book is shipping, and people have been canceling their SK Calendar orders for months because of some delays Overlook ran into. This will probably happen the other way as well, where (for example) I send 2 books in month 4 and none in month 5, if I know month 5 is going to be really really busy. I'm sorry you're disappointed, but this is going to happen. We only have one full time person and a part time person in the warehouse. Some months there just won't be enough time to do it all.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I understand what you're saying, but we do what we can. There's only soo many hours in the day to ship books, and something is always more important than something else in the shipping queue. We have to choose the shipping order that's going to annoy less people. Most people won't care that they'll get 2 books in June instead. But people have been emailing every day since Borderlands released their Little McCammon book asking when their book is shipping, and people have been canceling their SK Calendar orders for months because of some delays Overlook ran into. This will probably happen the other way as well, where (for example) I send 2 books in month 4 and none in month 5, if I know month 5 is going to be really really busy. I'm sorry you're disappointed, but this is going to happen. We only have one full time person and a part time person in the warehouse. Some months there just won't be enough time to do it all.

When i open up my specialty bookstore, I will NOT:

Number Books!
    Start a Monthly Subscription Service! and/or book of the month club.
    Offer Limited Signed books by Dean Koontz. I loved the ODD Thomas series to a point then i got tired of it.

I will:

Steal Mindy away from CD and pay her lots of $$
    Only publish King books (signed by King of course)
    Only sell the books to me and a select few friends so we can corner the market on King books.
    Attempt to publish on time.
    Collect the $$ for the books only when they are ready to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

When i open up my specialty bookstore, I will NOT:

Number Books!
    Start a Monthly Subscription Service! and/or book of the month club.
    Offer Limited Signed books by Dean Koontz. I loved the ODD Thomas series to a point then i got tired of it.

I will:

Steal Mindy away from CD and pay her lots of $$
    Only publish King books (signed by King of course)
    Only sell the books to me and a select few friends so we can corner the market on King books.
    Attempt to publish on time.
    Collect the $$ for the books only when they are ready to ship.
    Boy you have no idea how much I wish I could never number a book again. I honestly think they cause more headaches then they add value, but I know generally collectors prefer the numbering.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reminds me of the old Stephen Wright joke:

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Reminds me of the old Stephen Wright joke:

I went down the street to the 24-hour grocery. When I got there, the guy was locking the front door. I said, 'Hey, the sign says you're open 24 hours.' He said, 'Yes, but not in a row.'
    LOVE Steven Wright! Same him perform on Navy Pier years ago. The man is a genius.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    LOVE Steven Wright!...The man is a genius.
    +1
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 796 of 890 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 ... LastLast