Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 732 of 890 FirstFirst ... 232 632 682 722 730 731 732 733 734 742 782 832 ... LastLast
Results 18,276 to 18,300 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Is that what was said? I thought Brian said Richard Chizmar's writing was impacting communication of these things, not the scheduling itself:
    Yep, sorry if I was unclear. When Richard is writing, he's not always even in Maryland. Last year, he was in a "writer's room" in Arizona (I think) for a week and often there are meetings in LA, sometimes he's in Maine, etc.

Obviously, cell phones and computers and the Internet exist, so it's not like we're all waiting on telegraphs, but he's juggling a lot in his brain, and sometimes we're waiting on decisions or answers.

As to more delegation of certain critical tasks... that's not for me to decide, of course, but I would be ready if the time came and Richard wanted to hand off responsibilities.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Richard has customers to look after before his writing projects would be my opinion. I mean, I love CD and their books but waiting this long certifiably does suck Even if some of the older titles were made top priority it might ease some displeasure for his customers.
    Ideally, it should mean some of the decision making is shared with others who can run the day-to-day operation. Either additional staff or empowered partners. One person being the sole decision-maker leads to bottlenecks.
    Brian is an excellent GM and might be in Richards best interest to give him these powers. He can handle it 100%.
    Agree 100%

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My preference would be for CD to curtail future projects until they make substantial headway in addressing the backlog. It's gotten out of hand. I'm supportive of the company and products but at some point they need to address the obvious issues. And not with just excuses.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

It's great that "Head Space" will be published in June. But what about "Best of CD 2"; "City of Mirrors"; Interview with the Vampire"; "Turn Down the Lights", etc.? It's been years for all of them, which I have ordered and will continue to wait for.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    It's great that "Head Space" will be published in June. But what about "Best of CD 2"; "City of Mirrors"; Interview with the Vampire"; "Turn Down the Lights", etc.? It's been years for all of them, which I have ordered and will continue to wait for.
    We have a Production Updates page that I'm working on today and many of those are mentioned there:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

But what about "Best of CD 2"
    I'm pretty sure sig sheets are still circulating for this one. There's a ton of people signing and it take a surprising amount of time to get that many people to sign sig sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    But what about "Best of CD 2"
    I'm pretty sure sig sheets are still circulating for this one. There's a ton of people signing and it take a surprising amount of time to get that many people to sign sig sheets.
    Correct! From the link above:

The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 edited by Richard Chizmar:
    Proofreading is essentially done for this title, although we'll send it out for a 10th pass next month just out of paranoia. The authors who are available to sign are still in the process of signing the signature sheets and shipping them (via pre-paid label) to the next person on the list, but we have really high hopes that this process will be completed by the first half of 2019, which would allow us time to finally publish this long awaited mammoth volume (760 pages!) in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    My preference would be for CD to curtail future projects until they make substantial headway in addressing the backlog. It's gotten out of hand. I'm supportive of the company and products but at some point they need to address the obvious issues. And not with just excuses.
    It's not obvious from the outside (because, of course, unless you're in the office it couldn't be, right?), but we've actually turned down a lot of interesting projects and restricted our buying considerably in the last two years as part of our catch-up plan that did get derailed a bit last year.

Brian

I'm posting this separately and not in reply to anyone in particular, since it's a general comment:

There are ALWAYS going to be books that are announced and published "ahead" of other books for contractual reasons or business reasons, but in a lot of cases, the most common reason is simply because they're ready for the printer first.

Ideally, the books that are stuck in various parts of production wouldn't have been announced when they were, but we cannot unring that bell now, so we're working at them on a case by case basis the best we can.

But, to be clear: I agree with all of you 100%. We shouldn't have fallen behind, you deserve the books you paid for as soon as possible, and that's definitely our goal.

And as soon as I'm done writing this post, I can get back to the SLEEPING BEAUTIES production update for everyone.

Best,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    And as soon as I'm done writing this post, I can get back to the SLEEPING BEAUTIES production update for everyone.
    Well, assuming someone else here can take some good photos, I'll get this update finished. Mine all sucked!

Brian

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Well, assuming someone else here can take some good photos, I'll get this update finished. Mine all sucked!

Brian
    Yea this is one difficult case to photograph.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Is it the gossamer threads of the cocoon?

Brian
    You can really FEEL the mice and I want that to be clear in the photo... ugh...

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks
    We have a Production Updates page that I'm working on today and many of those are mentioned there:

Brian
    Brian - Honestly I've lost track of everything ordered and what remains on back order. Brian, you know something simple (well, from a customer perspective anyway) that would be extremely helpful would be on the "Order History" page to have an indicator ("Order Filled" column would make the most sense) showing when an order has already been filled or if it remains open. As it is you have to click on each order number just to see what the order is (because no description is given next to the Order Number ... that would also be helpful) and then try to remember if it was received. Personally I have four pages of order history going back to 2011, I'm sure others have more; I couldn't possibly summarize what I still have on order. Something to serve that purpose would certainly be useful.

George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks

Brian
    Brian - Honestly I've lost track of everything ordered and what remains on back order. Brian, you know something simple (well, from a customer perspective anyway) that would be extremely helpful would be on the "Order History" page to have an indicator ("Order Filled" column would make the most sense) showing when an order has already been filled or if it remains open. As it is you have to click on each order number just to see what the order is (because no description is given next to the Order Number ... that would also be helpful) and then try to remember if it was received. Personally I have four pages of order history going back to 2011, I'm sure others have more; I couldn't possibly summarize what I still have on order. Something to serve that purpose would certainly be useful.

George
    I second that! I periodically print out ALL my orders, but it sure gets confusing. Even more so when you order a MINDY SPECIAL. What did I order????

I think we've talked about this before, but I think we determined that with the way our website and order management system works, that we have no way to do that. From what I understand, it's one way communication. The order management system can get info from the website, but the website can't get info back from the order management system.

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

George
    Hey George!

Yeah, that is a side effect of our website software and our offline order management software not always playing nice together. Together, they do most of the things we need, but one of the problems they have is when the offline system wants to "push order data" back up to the website. It seems like it should be easy peasy, but for some reason they just don't speak the same language.

It's a problem we're aware of, and at some point we'd like to replace the whole system from top to bottom to make it more user friendly, but a surprising amount of manpower goes into that sort of transition, and right now we're focusing on the books as much as possible.

The good news is, Mindy is able to look on her end and figure out all of that for you, and also decipher any weird product codes and names from secret pre-sales, etc. Not nearly as convenient, I know, but she's always very happy to help you sort things out!

Brian

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump,

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Brian,
    I do not intend for this question/statement to appear as a personal attack on you and I hope the DT.org gods don't get angry but here goes...
    The answer you provided really wasn't an answer unless you meant "movement" backwards. It reads to me that yet again "Rich" is going to shove another more important "current" project in front of previously promised "bought & paid for" publications.
    Yes I understand the Publishing business is difficult for some but seriously, CD pub has more "drama" excuses than any of the others.
    It's absolutely ludicrous how long CD strings its customers along and the bait & switch regarding release timelines is tiring.

So to "MY" question that I've been asking now for years:
    When is CD Publishers going to Actually publish "The City of Mirrors"

Please don't respond with "CD will refund my money if I'm unhappy"
    I'm very unhappy, I don't want a refund, I want part three to my promised trilogy.
    Hi Cook,

I don't take it as a personal attack at all.

I apologize if I caused some confusion above: I meant that Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own, and when that happens, it can sometimes be difficult for the staff to get clear-cut answers on scheduling and plans, etc, because he's so deep in his own writing. That wasn't in reference to some CD project moving ahead of already announced books.

I understand your frustration. You paid for the book! Years ago! And you want the book, not a refund! I get that. Trust me, I really really do. I want you to have your book sooner than later, too!

(I mean, seriously: does anyone think I enjoy answering questions about late books? Especially given the absolutely nasty things people feel liberated to say from the safety of their keyboard? NOT anyone here, of course! You're all awesome! Saints and angels! But if you've ever been on the Internet before, you know what I mean...)

I know I've said this before and got some negative rep, but still, here's the deal... Richard owns CD. It is his company. He pays the bills, he decides what gets done when, he chooses when things are announced publicly, etc.

So, when you ask questions about CD projects, I reply with what I know and am allowed to post publicly. Sometimes this info is unsatisfying, as the post above clearly was. I apologize for that. But the MOMENT I have more concrete news, I will share it widely for everyone.

This still doesn't actually answer your question, underlined and in bold and in size 3 font above, but it's the best information I have at this time. I apologize that it isn't the information you desire.

Brian
    Brian,
    Ok, I Just want to get this right, correct me if I'm wrong with my summary below.

"Richard owns CD" "he decides what gets done when"
    "Richard has been busy on an unexpected writing project of his own", "so deep in his own writing"

"I (Brian) reply with what I know and am allowed to post publicly", "This still doesn't actually answer your question"

Brian,
    I really don't even know how to respond to this. You're telling me his eminence is "so deep in his own writing" he can't take a moment to look at his company computer to decide the latest 3-card shuffle.
    The simple fact that you can't do that task yourself is shocking, Is the power out?
    I expect this type of answer from politicians and religious entities, but not a publishing business.
    This is a joke, Right?

When is CD Publishers going to speculate publishing "The City of Mirrors" ?

I'm truly nauseated with CD Publishing, I can't imagine how the author(s) must feel.
    I'm not picking on you as a person Brian, my question is for the title below you name.
    Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Although the fact that I'm waiting for four or five books for quite a while doesn't bother me at all, I DID miss out on getting a lettered SLEEPING BEAUTIES.
    So feel free, under no obligation at all, I assure you, to send me a left over lettered or PC copy that nobody has any use for to make up for it.
    I mean, like, you know, one of those you were going to toss away anyway or use to line the bird cage of that weird parakeet that came back after you buried it in the sematary.
    I can use lighter fluid to clean off the stains, really...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin:
    Everything has been put together for this special edition, and the author has returned the signed signature sheets, so we'll be scheduling this project for later this year.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin:
    Everything has been put together for this special edition, and the author has returned the signed signature sheets, so we'll be scheduling this project for later this year.

I think we can now stop beating a dead horse.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK. Holy shit - that Sleeping Beauties traycase looks spectacular!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Agree completely...stellar

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where you see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where you see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a link on the production updates page - here it is: https://www.cemeterydance.com/images...traycase01.jpg

And boy is it nice!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 732 of 890 FirstFirst ... 232 632 682 722 730 731 732 733 734 742 782 832 ... LastLast