Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 890 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 836 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Brian, I have a couple of questions... too everyone that bought the first 750 Artist Editions... will they all be contacted first to get their book with matching number? Will the Artist Edition only be a print run of 750 for each novel? Would it be safe to say most were bought by individual customers or book dealers?? The reason I ask the last question is, I think there is a LARGE value to have a matching complete set. I think, depending on what you do with Salems / Stand (being fan favorites and LARGE shoes to fill from last S/L's) you may see an increased demand for the Artist Edition. Do you think the majority of books will be same number buyers??? Meaning over the course of the next few books do you see a VERY large portion of the 750 going to match sets so there will not be many out there for sale? Thanks Brian
    He mentioned (don't remember where) that people who bought the previous release will get advance notice for the next one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Brian, I have a couple of questions... too everyone that bought the first 750 Artist Editions... will they all be contacted first to get their book with matching number? Will the Artist Edition only be a print run of 750 for each novel? Would it be safe to say most were bought by individual customers or book dealers?? The reason I ask the last question is, I think there is a LARGE value to have a matching complete set. I think, depending on what you do with Salems / Stand (being fan favorites and LARGE shoes to fill from last S/L's) you may see an increased demand for the Artist Edition. Do you think the majority of books will be same number buyers??? Meaning over the course of the next few books do you see a VERY large portion of the 750 going to match sets so there will not be many out there for sale? Thanks Brian
    He mentioned (don't remember where) that people who bought the previous release will get advance notice for the next one.
    I know that... and thanks for pointing that out... I meant do book dealers get their matching numbers too.... so ALL 750 people. I was trying to gage the amount of same sets vs loose numbers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I see... I believe that they do get matching numbers if they request them.

I think there will be matching sets but I don't think there will be many for sale all together. If someone puts together a set I think they will keep it. As stated by some here, they will only be getting one or two of the releases for various reasons.

What the value will be, remains to be seen. I think there will be some premium to the sets but they will be easier to put together than say the Dark Tower set because of the release schedule and because everyone knows what books and how many, will be released.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I see... I believe that they do get matching numbers if they request them.
    When 'Salem's Lot is announced, those who ordered Carrie will have first right of refusal of the matching number and so on for each successive book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Brian, if I order my Artist Edition of Carrie from PS - will I be able to match my number with them for the other 5 titles?

Thanks!
    You have to remember that PS will be issuing a different book than CD, and that if you have matching PS numbers you may not be able to get the same matching CD numbers.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Brian, if I order my Artist Edition of Carrie from PS - will I be able to match my number with them for the other 5 titles?

Thanks!
    You have to remember that PS will be issuing a different book than CD, and that if you have matching PS numbers you may not be able to get the same matching CD numbers.

John
    I have a confirmed number with PS. I also now have a confirmed number with CD. I just made sure they were the same number! (14)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Thanks!

John
    I have a confirmed number with PS. I also now have a confirmed number with CD. I just made sure they were the same number! (14)
    I too have been able to match my PS and CD numbers. Same with SubPress for that matter. Most pubs will go out of their way to help you if they can. Nikki from PS even sent my number for Pet Sematary to SubPress for their lot of stateside distribution when the book went OOP quicker than I expected on the PS website.

Everyone who I've worked with, publisher-wise, has given phenomenal customer service.

What the value will be, remains to be seen. I think there will be some premium to the sets but they will be easier to put together than say the Dark Tower set because of the release schedule and because everyone knows what books and how many, will be released.
    I would say there will probably never be a "new" set in book collecting like The Dark Tower series simply because of when the series started, how small the first print run was for the first book, how "limited" the availability of information was in the pre-Internet days, etc.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great!

John

I know that... and thanks for pointing that out... I meant do book dealers get their matching numbers too.... so ALL 750 people. I was trying to gage the amount of same sets vs loose numbers
    Dealers will be getting matching numbers if they request them. Not all do ask for matching numbers, actually. We've never asked why, but we've noticed it in the past.

I think most of the collectors who ordered the AE or the Lettered Edition through us are in it for the long haul with this set, but that's just a guess.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my Artist Edition of Carrie from PS. I'll have #1 to match the other five releases please thanks Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I would say there will probably never be a "new" set in book collecting like The Dark Tower series simply because of when the series started, how small the first print run was for the first book, how "limited" the availability of information was in the pre-Internet days, etc.

Brian
    Yep. That is a very hard set to compile.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my Artist Edition of Carrie from PS. I'll have #1 to match the other five releases please thanks Brian
    Good luck with THAT! I believe many of the 'low' numbers are already taken by what CD call 'LifeTimers' I was lucky with #14, I would expect #1 to be taken
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Dealers will be getting matching numbers if they request them. Not all do ask for matching numbers, actually. We've never asked why, but we've noticed it in the past.

I think most of the collectors who ordered the AE or the Lettered Edition through us are in it for the long haul with this set, but that's just a guess.

Brian
    Thanks Brian! You will not go over the 750 will you for any book?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck with THAT! I believe many of the 'low' numbers are already taken by what CD call 'LifeTimers' I was lucky with #14, I would expect #1 to be taken
    Yeah I was kidding............................ Kinda

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe somebody here scored #1 from PS in the current Anniversary series. I think maybe KingFan24, but I may be wrong on that.

Thanks Brian! You will not go over the 750 will you for any book?
    Nope, 750 is the max for the books in this set. We'd hate the idea of having copies of one book with a higher print run that could never, ever be part of a matching set.

Brian

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I never bothered matching my numbers for the PS anniversary editions but it will be cool to have these 6 matched

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And I saved roughly $30 if you take into consideration US shipping I think. Money's money, right?

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe somebody here scored #1 from PS in the current Anniversary series. I think maybe KingFan24, but I may be wrong on that.
    T-Dogz_AK47 has #1 of Christine and Pet Sematary.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah its me that has #1. No wait! its letter I

JK

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This will be interesting to see the reactions of those that ordered the artist edition of Carrie from cd

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    This will be interesting to see the reactions of those that ordered the artist edition of Carrie from cd
    Why?

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps because of this:

We’ve heard from a lot of collectors asking if Glenn Chadbourne will be illustrating a book in this set, but Glenn is actually contributing in a different way: he’s providing the B&W artwork for the Gift Edition Limitation Page and the two color paintings for the Artist Edition Signature Sheets for EVERY book in this set!

You can see now the artwork he’s provided for Carrie on the product page on the ARTWORK tab:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king09

We think having Glenn contribute the artwork for the limitation sheets in each book be a nice way to connect every book in the set together and Glenn is delivering some of his most chilling Stephen King artwork to date.
    Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

Cemetery Dance Publications
    Last edited by MandaBunny; 04-16-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added some text from the announcement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 890 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 346 386 436 836 ... LastLast