Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 890 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    FWIW I would like to see the following artist on these editions, excluding "Carrie which has already been determined:
    Pet Semetary - Mark Geyer
    Just my "three beans" so to speak.
    Didn't Mark Geyer do the interiors for the PS edition of Pet Sematary? I'd vote against anyone doing art for the same title as another publisher's edition.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Any idea if The Shining will have 'Before the Play'?
    I can't discuss anything specifically at the moment, other than to say the full version of "Before the Play" is going to show up somewhere eventually... Sorry to be vague. I didn't want to not answer your question, but I also honestly can't say more.

Brian
    If the deluxe edition of The Shining contains Before the Play then I'm definitely in.
    Sorry to sound like a fool... but what is "Before the Play"?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to make sure that I didnt miss the answer : we dont know for sure, yet, that the introduction is new, right?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I can't discuss anything specifically at the moment, other than to say the full version of "Before the Play" is going to show up somewhere eventually... Sorry to be vague. I didn't want to not answer your question, but I also honestly can't say more.

Brian
    If the deluxe edition of The Shining contains Before the Play then I'm definitely in.
    It is the prologue that King wrote for The Shining. It wasn't published in the book.

Synopsis: http://www.horrorking.com/rarewrks.html#befreply
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Brian
    It is the prologue that King wrote for The Shining. It wasn't published in the book.
    Cool... be nice to read that for sure!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

King conceived of The Shining as a 5-act play, like Shakespeare. There was a "Before the Play" section that was removed by his editors that contains some historical info about The Overlook, mostly. It was published separately in Whispers magazine in 1982 and a shortened version appeared in TV Guide when the ABC miniseries was aired.

There was also an "After the Play" section. Some people consider this "lost," but in my opinion it was just edited down to the conclusion that you find in the novel.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    You, my friend, need to get yourself a copy of Justin Brooks' Stephen King Bibliography

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool... be nice to read that for sure!
    Kris, it was published in Whispers (1982) as well as in the the April 6-May 2, 1997 issue of TV Guide (abridged form).

Use that link I gave you previously and search for "The Collective". I believe this to be the abridged version however.

Update: just checked, it seems to be the full version as published in Whispers.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Can we match numbers to previous CD purchases?
    Mindy will do her very best! As long as it isn't a lifetime, it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

Brian
    Will Mindy respond to let us know that the number we request is available? I don't think that my number is a lifetime as it's the copy of Doctor Sleep that I have. I suppose she's probably inundated with emails so I don't want to bug her if she doesn't send responses to that type of request and just makes a list of the requests.

Mindy will do her very best! As long as it isn't a lifetime, it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

Brian
    Will Mindy respond to let us know that the number we request is available? I don't think that my number is a lifetime as it's the copy of Doctor Sleep that I have. I suppose she's probably inundated with emails so I don't want to bug her if she doesn't send responses to that type of request and just makes a list of the requests.
    She'll reply to let you know she received the email. It'll be a generic reply about trying to match, etc, but if you ordered Doctor Sleep from us, then that number should be all yours!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    She replied to me. Positively I might add
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

I've heard back about Steve's introduction and Tabitha's afterword in Carrie. I'm told they were previously published, but might be revised a little.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    There was also an "After the Play" section. Some people consider this "lost," but in my opinion it was just edited down to the conclusion that you find in the novel.
    Bev could post that "After the Play" became the first chapter of The Gunslinger and I would be inclined to believe him.

Brian

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard back about Steve's introduction and Tabitha's afterword in Carrie. I'm told they were previously published, but might be revised a little.
    Steve's introduction, if it is the one originally published in 1999 Signet editions, is one of the best introductions I have ever read.

Tabitha wrote the introduction to the "Collectors Edition" of Carrie in 1991. It, on the other hand, is one of the worst introductions I have ever read. Half of the thing was Tabitha talking about her own onset of menses and subsequent menstrual difficulties. Seriously, Tabby?

If CD plans to use this one by Tabitha I hope it is abridged or edited.

I dug up the file from the production folder and Steve's starts with:

Although I sold a couple of stories as a college student, my career as a professional fiction writer actually began just after my graduation. I had written a column ("King's Garbage Truck," it was called—the editor-in-chief s name for it, not mine) in the college paper for two or three years, and I stopped into the offices to pick up some of my junk two or three days after commencement.
    I don't have the final file for Tabitha's yet, so I'm not sure about that one.

Brian

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No offense to her but from what I've read Tabitha's not the best writer. I remember they reprinted King's Maple Street story in an anthology of stories based off the Harris Burdick illustrations and Tabitha had a story in the collection as well. Her story was one of the weakest of the collection IMO and part of me wondered if including her was one of King's stipulations for them to be able reprint his.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally can't wait to see what CD does for and with The Stand. To me that will tell me if it has been worth it.

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Hi Brian,

Is there any chance that there may be one signature from Stephen King (on something-no sure what) that would tie the entire collection together for those who make the investment?

Regards and Congratulations
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I personally can't wait to see what CD does for and with The Stand. To me that will tell me if it has been worth it.
    A gift/artist edition of The Stand will sure look pretty next to my S/L. I can't wait either.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    So none of it is "new" then? :-(
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No offense to her but from what I've read Tabitha's not the best writer. I remember they reprinted King's Maple Street story in an anthology of stories based off the Harris Burdick illustrations and Tabitha had a story in the collection as well. Her story was one of the weakest of the collection IMO and part of me wondered if including her was one of King's stipulations for them to be able reprint his.
    The anthology was "The Chronicles of Harris Burdick". Tabbitha's story was not the strongest one in the book.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh44 View Post
    Hi Brian,

Is there any chance that there may be one signature from Stephen King (on something-no sure what) that would tie the entire collection together for those who make the investment?

I would be on this now... if I knew the answer to that. Say the last book or something...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hi Brian,

That's a great question. There's been no talk of him signing anything at this time, but if the possibility arises to do something special like that for the set, we'll certainly make whatever arrangements are necessary to make it happen.

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

We're working with Alex right now on some interiors for a book, so who knows what the future might bring, right?

Brian
    My bad then. Sorry!

As for artists suggestions, mine would be:

Salem's Lot: Michael Whelan
    The Shining: JK Potter
    Night Shift: Don Maitz
    The Stand: Darrel Anderson
    Pet Sematary: Mark Stutzman
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

That's a great question. There's been no talk of him signing anything at this time, but if the possibility arises to do something special like that for the set, we'll certainly make whatever arrangements are necessary to make it happen.

Brian
    Brian, I sent you an email. Did you by chance get it?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 890 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 ... LastLast