Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 265 of 890 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 765 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't just lie there and expect her to do all the work every time Bill....

(enter RF) Back on topic please....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    You can't just lie there and expect her to do all the work every time Bill....

(enter RF) Back on topic please....
    LOL Got ya, BOT

CD Rocks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    A photo from Dan in the warehouse of the individual customer orders for the trade hardcover of The Dark Man by Stephen King. The stack of paper weighed in at 19 pounds:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/201...-stephen-king/

Brian
    Brian, are you guys going to be following the recent precedent set by Forbidden Planet by shipping these to the UK first?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    A photo from Dan in the warehouse of the individual customer orders for the trade hardcover of The Dark Man by Stephen King. The stack of paper weighed in at 19 pounds:

Brian
    Brian, are you guys going to be following the recent precedent set by Forbidden Planet by shipping these to the UK first?
    Or u can follow the policy that the uk bookstore did and send the books smooshed and crushed from the uk to st louis

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post

Brian
    Or u can follow the policy that the uk bookstore did and send the books smooshed and crushed from the uk to st louis
    Actually Tomas from The Collector had a good policy for his 11/22/63 tray case: international orders first...

Okay, so it sounds like we should ship the international orders first and they should be smooshed and crushed? Did I get those details correct?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Okay, so it sounds like we should ship the international orders first and they should be smooshed and crushed? Did I get those details correct?

Brian
    Sounds like the plan!!! I have a wonderfully ruined signed copy of NOS4A2. Anybody want it? free

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Make sure they are loosely packed in thin padded mailers. That's the perfect way to ship a book.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know what's the deal with the signed plate edition from Stephenkingcatalog? Is it just a signed page in the book itself?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Does anyone know what's the deal with the signed plate edition from Stephenkingcatalog? Is it just a signed page in the book itself?
    Which book are you talking about?

John

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Sounds like the plan!!! I have a wonderfully ruined signed copy of NOS4A2. Anybody want it? free
    Is it readable? ...or like really really ruined?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Looks like its a printed bookplate with Glenn's sig but doesnt say if the sig is an original
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Brian
    Is it readable? ...or like really really ruined?
    It is readable. I just cant throw a good book away. Imagine bending a book about 1/4 of the way. You have a ruined cover and spine. pages don't turn as easily as a new book.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian,
    I've always wondered, why does CD not do insurance and delivery confirmation with media mail?
    Most of the time I choose Priority, but I've always wondered about that.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Hey Brian,
    I've always wondered, why does CD not do insurance and delivery confirmation with media mail?
    Most of the time I choose Priority, but I've always wondered about that.
    We've found the USPS does everything they can to not pay for loss and damage. UPS pays us within 24 hours of the claim being filed, but we have some USPS claims stretching back to 2011 still in the works because they keep asking for proof that the item in question was really IN the box. It's a mess and they basically "win" in the end because you'll spend 10 or 20 or more hours filling out paperwork multiple times, going to see the Post Master, etc, for a $50 or $100 claim. It's not worth what you're paying your employee for the time they waste jumping through hoops. It's even worse with more expensive items because they'll just keep turning down your claim in the hopes that you'll go away.

So we strongly recommend UPS for any items that you care about IF you live in the US. We've shipped nearly a million items with them since the early '90s, and although there has been loss and damage from time to time (as you'd expect with any shipping service), they've always been quick to deal with the situation and make things right.

Obviously, outside the US is always shipped via USPS and we cross our fingers and hope for the best. 99.9% of the time everything works out just fine anyway.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I once had something mailed to me through USPS with signed confirmation. The package never arrived even though the tracking number said it had. The postman admitted he signed for it himself and left it. I was never compensated, they claimed no fault. I'm still pissed about that.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

When are the SK grab bags shipping?

I seem to recall it was going to be sometime in July.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I once had something mailed to me through USPS with signed confirmation. The package never arrived even though the tracking number said it had. The postman admitted he signed for it himself and left it. I was never compensated, they claimed no fault. I'm still pissed about that.
    Yeah, that completely sucks and it seems to happen a lot. (Of course, the Post Office deals with millions of packages every week, so it's a very tiny percentage in the grand scheme of things -- it's just annoying when it's your package that has a problem!)

I should have added: I think those in this thread know that obviously we do whatever we need to do to make sure the customer gets the item they ordered, even if the Post Office drops the ball, but it's just much more efficient to fix problems that happen with UPS, which is why we try to point our collectors in that direction on certain items where our number of copies are VERY tight to the print run and we may not have many replacement copies.

UPS has managed to find A LOT of "lost" items for us because they have active tracking -- they can figure out where it went missing and concentrate their search there. I'm not sure the USPS has ever really found a lost package for us. Sometimes a lost package does show up weeks or months later, but no one ever knows why.

I don't know if our rep at UPS is just extra awesome or what, but they've been very responsive when we alert them to an issue these last few years. (Knock on wood.)

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

The first batch of orders will be shipping after the warehouse finishes The Dark Man trade hardcover shipping. Some of the items for the Grab Bag are still trickling in, but we'll have enough sets to fill half of them.

I'll have to show you guys the photos of how they shipped the original shipment of TIN HOUSE to us. You'll love it.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

We've found the USPS does everything they can to not pay for loss and damage.
    Obviously, outside the US is always shipped via USPS and we cross our fingers and hope for the best. 99.9% of the time everything works out just fine anyway.

Brian
    I always used to pay for insurance when I was getting items shipped from US sellers, but, when a package arrived damaged and I had to make a claim, USPS said that unless I could prove it had been damaged by them they would assume it had happened after it has been handed over to the UK postal service and, therefore, they weren't responsible. How is that even possible, you can't buy insurance for the separate sections of an international shipment? Surely you're paying for door-to-door coverage?

I haven't paid for optional insurance since, though some sellers insist I have it.

Speaking the Grab Bags, if you want yours to ship in the first batch, just drop Mindy a note via email and let her know I mentioned that we could mark your order to print in the first batch. Her address is: order@cemeterydance.com

Brian

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking the Grab Bags, if you want yours to ship in the first batch, just drop Mindy a note via email and let her know I mentioned that we could mark your order to print in the first batch. Her address is: order@cemeterydance.com

Brian
    Done. Thanks.

Darkman is actually the first book I ordered from CD...

several hundred dollars ago.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

I'll have to show you guys the photos of how they shipped the original shipment of TIN HOUSE to us. You'll love it.
    We already have the replacement copies, so I figure it's safe to show off these pics:

See the rest here:

http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/201...orribly-wrong/

Brian

Done. Thanks.

Darkman is actually the first book I ordered from CD...

several hundred dollars ago.
    Cool, I hope you like it!

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 265 of 890 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 365 765 ... LastLast