Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 825 of 890 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 823 824 825 826 827 835 875 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,625 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm not asking about the publication date (that will be what it will be), but the official announcement usually carries more info with it, and that's what I'm after.
    I forgot to ask, what info? It might be something I can post now. Or it might not!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I assume The Stand will be similar in size to the 25th anniversary edition of IT?

I know you'll likely have to use the same kind of paper so you don't have to split the book into volumes. I think the consensus was the people didn't mind about the paper stock used with IT.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m also willing to bet that CD will lose a ton of money on the Stand. They cannot print more as they have limitations BUT what can they do? It’s got to be a loss...has to be. The book was sold 7 years ago and trust me... being in the print biz... costs have gone up! Too bad it took so long for them...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I’m also willing to bet that CD will lose a ton of money on the Stand. They cannot print more as they have limitations BUT what can they do? It’s got to be a loss...has to be. The book was sold 7 years ago and trust me... being in the print biz... costs have gone up! Too bad it took so long for them...
    If the entire print run had been sold, definitely!

But there are still lots of copies to sell when the official announcement is made. (We haven’t even offered the “early preorder window” to our BIG Stephen King collector list yet, the one with 20K customers on it.) And the people who order this year will be paying a very different price than those who ordered already. The “early preorders” have been discounted a good bit in some cases.

But you hit on a really good point that I’ve discussed at the office A LOT over the years, which is that Rich has often kept retail prices lower than they really should be given the way costs have gone up in the industry. For example, we were the first press to set $40 as the price for our “standard” books and we stuck with that price LONG after the math indicated it was time to price that line of books to be higher.

There’s a lot more I could go into on this topic, but it’s all very “inside baseball” and I’d hate to put people back to sleep so early in the day! But thank you for giving me a chance to discuss this!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I assume The Stand will be similar in size to the 25th anniversary edition of IT?

I know you'll likely have to use the same kind of paper so you don't have to split the book into volumes. I think the consensus was the people didn't mind about the paper stock used with IT.
    It will be a very similar paper stock, yep!

Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

But there are still lots of copies to sell when the official announcement is made. (We haven’t even offered the “early preorder window” to our BIG Stephen King collector list yet, the one with 20K customers on it.) And the people who order this year will be paying a very different price than those who ordered already. The “early preorders” have been discounted a good bit in some cases.

But you hit on a really good point that I’ve discussed at the office A LOT over the years, which is that Rich has often kept retail prices lower than they really should be given the way costs have gone up in the industry. For example, we were the first press to set $40 as the price for our “standard” books and we stuck with that price LONG after the math indicated it was time to price that line of books to be higher.

There’s a lot more I could go into on this topic, but it’s all very “inside baseball” and I’d hate to put people back to sleep so early in the day! But thank you for giving me a chance to discuss this!

Brian
    Gotta be a tough spot for sure Bri. I do not envy you and the team with this one... I wish you guys the best of luck as you know.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Hey Brian, any updates on Grave Tales?
    I'll check in with Mindy and see what's up, and report back soon.

Brian
    Any update Brian?
    Looking for Pierce Brown Red Rising #557 from Subterranean Press

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If they do suffer a loss, all they have to do is throw a couple of books on Ebay to make up the difference.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I’m glad I bought an AE and a gift way back when.

Will remarques be an option for The Stand? Any details you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brian, any updates on Grave Tales?
    I'll check in with Mindy and see what's up, and report back soon.

Brian
    Any update Brian?
    Nothing I can officially share just yet, but I will post something when I can. Sorry for the wait, I know these have been a long time coming.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Finalizing those details this month, actually! We'll have the counts for who can do what soon.

Brian

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just finished reading a few things (The Glass Floor, King's introduction to it, Weeds, O'Nan's afterword) from CD's Night Shift (mine is the Gift Edition), and noticed that the paper is much different (thinner, not textured) from that used in The Shining (I did a direct comparison; the difference is dramatic). Did anyone else notice this? I wonder if it was intentional. I would understand a thinner choice if NS had a high page count, but it doesn't (443).

Overall I like the book (although, while we're on the topic, the maroon/green color scheme, while not horrific as the Shining AE's royal blue/lime green combo, isn't great, but that's just my taste), but the paper is a bit disappointing (nice paper is one of the reasons I buy these editions, and one reason I really enjoyed my recent read of CD's The Shining).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

I just finished reading a few things (The Glass Floor, King's introduction to it, Weeds, O'Nan's afterword) from CD's Night Shift (mine is the Gift Edition), and noticed that the paper is much different (thinner, not textured) from that used in The Shining (I did a direct comparison; the difference is dramatic). Did anyone else notice this? I wonder if it was intentional. I would understand a thinner choice if NS had a high page count, but it doesn't (443).

Overall I like the book (although, while we're on the topic, the maroon/green color scheme, while not horrific as the Shining AE's royal blue/lime green combo, isn't great, but that's just my taste), but the paper is a bit disappointing (nice paper is one of the reasons I buy these editions, and one reason I really enjoyed my recent read of CD's The Shining).
    Yeah, with the new printer and the new press, we had to change paper stocks. We were expecting this stock to be pretty similar because it was the same 65# weight and the samples seemed similar, but that wasn't the case, unfortunately.

Brian

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I forgot to ask, what info? It might be something I can post now. Or it might not!

Brian
    Final page count and specifics (description as well as pics) on artwork (interior, slipcases, tray cases, dust jackets) and bonus material (if any). FYI, I really wouldn't expect all, or much, of these goodies to be let out of the bag in advance of the full production an official release represents.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I should add: I don't regret my purchase at all (I don't want to give the wrong impression).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

If they do suffer a loss, all they have to do is throw a couple of books on Ebay to make up the difference.

Maybe we'll get the third "Gwendy" before then, so that this income can help with "The Stand"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I'm with you on the paper. It's absolutely been one of the best things about the Doubleday Series so far, and I immediately noticed the difference on NIGHT SHIFT. I was disappointed, but wasn't going to say anything, because- jeez, we finally have the book, and it is otherwise up to the same great quality as the previous books. Plus, I figured- as Brian said- new printer, new paper, etc. Guess I would just like to also register the importance I put on the paper stock on this series. We know that THE STAND will have to have that thinner stock (like IT), but with Pet Sematary... hopefully we'll be back in business!

Brian
    Final page count and specifics (description as well as pics) on artwork (interior, slipcases, tray cases, dust jackets) and bonus material (if any). FYI, I really wouldn't expect all, or much, of these goodies to be let out of the bag in advance of the full production an official release represents.
    Yeah, probably best to wait on that, but I will post what I can when I can. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember what book it was, but the opportunity was offered a long time ago to swap it for The Stand; glad I said yes!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Finalizing those details this month, actually! We'll have the counts for who can do what soon.

Brian
    Refresh my memory, who are the artists working on the Stand?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD Crew: Any updates on the limited/lettered editions of Gwendy's Magic Feather? If I missed an update, forgive me, but I feel like we haven't heard much about this one in awhile.

Given what an extravagant production GBB turned out to be (relative to the standard numbered/lettered editions) I'm wondering what we might be in for here

Thanks!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Brian

Wasn't Ned Dameron one?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, it's Ned Dameron

And dunno if that page had been updated, but there may be some original artwork from the book left => https://www.wow-art.com/ned-dameron
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    CD Crew: Any updates on the limited/lettered editions of Gwendy's Magic Feather? If I missed an update, forgive me, but I feel like we haven't heard much about this one in awhile.

Given what an extravagant production GBB turned out to be (relative to the standard numbered/lettered editions) I'm wondering what we might be in for here

Thanks!!
    It's headed to the printer pretty soon, if I understand the plan correctly. It's a more standard Limited Edition since it isn't signed by SK, but it is a different trim size and a fresh design, etc. Plus, a bonus feature that I think Rich has kept a secret.

Brian

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Wasn't Ned Dameron one?
    My understanding is that Chadbourne does the limitation page (as with the rest of the Doubleday Years series), Dameron does everything else, and I think that's it (but mine is hardly the last word on such matters, of course).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 825 of 890 FirstFirst ... 325 725 775 815 823 824 825 826 827 835 875 ... LastLast