Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 890 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 533 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    only 52 customers... perhaps... but many of those 52 customers are the high rolling fanatical whales that are the backbone of their business.

it isn't the occasional customer that drops by and buys one 15-40 dollar book that keeps CD in business... it's us crazy repeat customers that will spend 1000.00 - 2500.00 on the lettered editions.
    one customer that spends 1500.00 on one book has a much higher profit margin than making 1500.00 from 50 customers that buy 50 books for 30.00.

the lettered SOD was 1500.00
    52 customers x 1500.00 = $78,000.00
    it would take 1040 customers who bought the 75.00 gift edition to = 78,000.00

or 260 people to buy the #'d edition to = 78,000.00

it would be wise of CD and easier for them to try to please 52 people for the same amount of money rather than 1040 customers. (not to mention the overhead for 52 customers is less)

and... many of those 52 lettered buyers also buy the gift and numbered editionas well (in my case 2 of each)
    Actually, the good point of the moeny they'd lose if they cancelled it...it would probably cost a maximum of $25K to produce the lettered, so that extra $50K is pretty vital.

However, the long term success of the company is the 1040 customers who buy a few $75 copies of a bunch of books...not the 52 customers who step up for Stephen King.

If 1040 customers buy 3 $75 books over 3 years, that's $210K, right? And if they can even manage a loyal customer base of 5000 customers spending an average of $75/year, that's $375K - so that's a more realistic, dependable customer base.

The books CD can actually charge $1500 for don't come along that often....although I guess every couple years.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Sir_Boomme;493034]sure hope mindy or someone else at CD follows this thread and listens to some of this... (i'm not holding my breath), because i really don't want CD to go out of business... really.[QUOTE]

I know for a fact that Mindy does monitor these boards occasionally. I got in a bit of trouble with her one time a while ago when I posted something early that I should not have posted until the formal announcement. (An advance notice of a book that went out to special customers). I was a bit surprised.

John

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

sure hope mindy or someone else at CD follows this thread and listens to some of this... (i'm not holding my breath), because i really don't want CD to go out of business... really.
    I know for a fact that Mindy does monitor these boards occasionally. I got in a bit of trouble with her one time a while ago when I posted something early that I should not have posted until the formal announcement. (An advance notice of a book that went out to special customers). I was a bit surprised.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

CD has already collected the $78,000 from 'fanatics'..that is money in the bank (Lettered edition). They have delivered the SOD I in a numbered format-enough to appease the 'regulars'; 750 books x $300 = $225K. The money CD makes is on the future.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The latest from Cemetary Dance regarding Secretary of Dreams II:

In other news, as we previously announced, The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) by Stephen King is still on target for its new summer publication date.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, I saw that. Who knows *shrug* but I would love for it to happen.

Also I got my shipping notice for Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance. Who Hoo! only 3+ years after I ordered it, lol
    Geoff

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

In other news, as we previously announced, The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) by Stephen King is still on target for its new summer publication date.

John
    I'm sure it is on target for its "new summer publication date", I just wonder what summer...2011, 2012, 2013..?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thought the same.

From Lilja's website, about his book :
    From Cemetery Dance's latest newsletter that was sent out earlier today.

We're pleased to report that Lilja's Library: The World of Stephen King by Hans-Ake Lilja and illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne is rolling at our printer and is now scheduled for a mid-summer publication date. Also, collectors should take note that the Lettered Edition, which features original artwork by Chadbourne, is almost sold out! Don't wait to order or you'll miss out on that very special edition of this very cool book.

And just to be clear, mid-summer spells J-U-L-Y.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Didn't they say in October that it would be a SPRING publication date?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    I'm sure it is on target for its "new summer publication date", I just wonder what summer...2011, 2012, 2013..?
    And don't forget LEGACIES. Pre-orders taken in the late 1990's. Scheduled for production in 2000 (or so says the proof). One update I saw said it was "deep in production." It's only a decade late.....and counting.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    And don't forget LEGACIES. Pre-orders taken in the late 1990's. Scheduled for production in 2000 (or so says the proof). One update I saw said it was "deep in production." It's only a decade late.....and counting.
    On the same update from CD...

"This is going to be a huge year for Cemetery Dance, especially when it comes to catching up on some long delayed titles. We've put the pieces in place to publish a lot of books between now and the fall, including many older projects you've been very patiently waiting for, plus a bunch of great new surprises we think our readers and collectors will be extremely excited about!"

I don't think it will be LEGACIES, but it may include the Lettered SoD I

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dark Tower Concordance Lettered sold out?

Just curious if the 52 Lettered Concordance books are sold out already?

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Just curious if the 52 Lettered Concordance books are sold out already?
    Yes, they have been sold out for greater than a year. They do have the limited edition left.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, their lettered editions can be very hard to get ...sometimes you have to order as much as a decade in advance.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Realistically, if the limited is just coming out now, it'll probably be another year or two for the lettered edition.

The text block will be printed already, but it wont be bound and it won't have a traycase for a loooooong time.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

John
    Didn't they say in October that it would be a SPRING publication date?
    Yes they did. Originally scheduled for a December 2009 release but they put it off until Spring 2010 so that it would not interfere with the Under the Dome release.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won one of CD's recent eBay auctions (S/L Somewhere In Time) and paid via PayPal. I received an email yesterday that it had shipped via UPS. So today I clicked on the tracking link in the email to see if there was an estimated delivery date, and much to my surprise, it's being shipped to my OLD address outside of Chicago rather than to the current address on my PayPal account AND my CD account (which I've confirmed on their website). I shot Mindy and email - we'll see what happens.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well im sorry but that is pathetic and a very stupid mistake by them! I really hope it gets sorted for you, although books have been sent to the wrong address quite a few times with me!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my shipping notice for Dark Tower Complete Concordance also and it is about time! I got The Road to The Dark Tower, and SK Uncollected and Unpublished from secondary markets. I have had From a Buick 8 and SK Universe. I ordered Riding the Bullet and Lilja's Library plus Secretary of Dreams vol 2. After this I AM DONE.

I seriously don't care what exciting new titles CD has coming out! I spent way to much money already!

And hey what about CD's magazine that has a Halloween issue coming out in the spring? I think it is #63? I keep seeing that it is at the printer and in production.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

John

yes.... I missed out on getting the limited legacies ordered the first go around - it was all sold out dammit....
    but hey, the good news is..... several customers who ordered/paid for this one have probably died by now.... so maybe there will be some copies available by the time it comes out.

hmmm, wonder if the price will be the same for a book that was ordered and paid for.... but where the customer has died off before it is published?
    would the price be higher now because of inflation? or lower because it was already paid for once before ???? i wonder...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John

yes.... I missed out on getting the limited legacies ordered the first go around - it was all sold out dammit....
    but hey, the good news is..... several customers who ordered/paid for this one have probably died by now.... so maybe there will be some copies available by the time it comes out.

hmmm, wonder if the price will be the same for a book that was ordered and paid for.... but where the customer has died off before it is published?
    would the price be higher now because of inflation? or lower because it was already paid for once before ???? i wonder...

Higher, they already did this for more pre-orders.

The old, "a customer of ours" wanted them to sell it for them. If I recall correctly they were asking $500 for the limited, $1000 for the lettered.

Clearly, there was no customer wanting to sell their pre-order. Just the multitude of pissed off customers who canceled their orders.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter. It is never going to be published.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

They don't even mention "Legacies" anymore...but it is a good way for them to get some cash, because they can pull that "a customer had to cancel" move anytime they want.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default This looks cool by CD....

Just got Great Ghost Stories ($325)

I got it way below initial retail price and it's in like new condition. 52 lettered copies, but this one is a PC version. Signed by ten of the contributors: Stephen King, Stephen Jones, Sydney J. Bounds, Ramsey Campbell, Garry Kilworth, Brian Lumley, Tina Rath, Tony Richards, Steve Rasnic Tem, and Les Edwards.

America's Best Loved Boogeyman Limited ($26) -"339" of 488 hardcover copies signed by George Beahm and Stephen J. Spignesi

I got in on the Dark Tower Concordance at the last minute too! Woot!

I think I have collection sickness though.....

Knowing Darkness Traycased version ordered too and coming soon.

Also just got Dark Dreamers ($160): No 283 of 350 copies SIGNED BY STEPHEN KING, DEAN R KOONTZ, RICHARD MATHESON, DENNIS ETCHISON, JOHN FARRIS, GARY BRANDNER, DAVID MORRELL, RICHARD LAYMON, JOHN SAUL, STANLEY WIATER

Colorado Kid matching numbers artists edition set.

Plus, this remarqued set of each Colorado Kid artists' edition with a corresponding remarque from each with matching letters of "O" ($299).

Plus, the Insomnia, The Stand and The Wasteland Portfolios for $228 total (which I guess is a good deal from what I hear!).

I won't even show all of the other stuff I got in the past two months. I'm freakin brooooooooke now.
    Last edited by CurtSeattle; 03-22-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: wrong pic posted

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Curt, that's more than a deal on the portfolios. Consider that the Wastelands is about $30 from the publisher by itself, that now brings your total on two LOOOOONG out of print portfolios to about $100 each. Even at $200 for either one of those is still a great price from what I've seen, so you got the other one for basically free.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 890 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 533 ... LastLast