Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 800 of 890 FirstFirst ... 300 700 750 790 798 799 800 801 802 810 850 ... LastLast
Results 19,976 to 20,000 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Need the forum back because there's a Borderlands Little Book thread that I need to update.

And typing that Jeff realized exactly how convoluted this all is. Here he was on the TDT forum asking Cemetery Dance to open their forum so he could discuss another publisher's books. Going to a forum to demand access to a different forum from a publisher to discuss a different publisher. It snapped him out of the reality he was barely in. He began writing about himself in the third person in order to complain about himself to himself in front of others. It was the sign that maybe he needed to go for a walk.

Also, for those collecting, Tom Monteleone is giving us Sarah Pinborough in the next Little Book even though he never mentioned her previously and this throws off my meticulous tracking of Little Books. Also also I love the stuff I've read from her so I'm not complaining.

And just like that Jeff realized he had an undeniable need to share information that no one asked for.
    This is unexpected news. (About the next Little Book, not your mental revelations.) :-)

So, we now have Sarah Pinborough next, then Blake Crouch, then Owen King? Which ones am I forgetting?

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

I miss the forums already... :-(

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Need the forum back because there's a Borderlands Little Book thread that I need to update.

And typing that Jeff realized exactly how convoluted this all is. Here he was on the TDT forum asking Cemetery Dance to open their forum so he could discuss another publisher's books. Going to a forum to demand access to a different forum from a publisher to discuss a different publisher. It snapped him out of the reality he was barely in. He began writing about himself in the third person in order to complain about himself to himself in front of others. It was the sign that maybe he needed to go for a walk.

Also, for those collecting, Tom Monteleone is giving us Sarah Pinborough in the next Little Book even though he never mentioned her previously and this throws off my meticulous tracking of Little Books. Also also I love the stuff I've read from her so I'm not complaining.

And just like that Jeff realized he had an undeniable need to share information that no one asked for.
    As soon as you posted this, the preorder magically showed up in my inbox
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post

This is unexpected news. (About the next Little Book, not your mental revelations.) :-)

So, we now have Sarah Pinborough next, then Blake Crouch, then Owen King? Which ones am I forgetting?
    Here's the updated list:

LITTLE BOOKS SERIES 3

Published:
    William F Nolan
    Mort Castle
    Tim Waggoner
    Josh Malerman
    Thomas Ligotti
    Gahan Wilson
    Caitlin Kiernan
    Charles Grant
    Ramsey Campbell
    Robert McCammon

Soon to arrive:
    Sarah Pinborough

Promised:
    Richard Chizmar
    Heather Graham
    Owen King

Named but not confirmed:
    Bentley Little
    Stephen King
    Blake Crouch

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'm still working on them. Unfortunately I didn't see they were down again until this morning and Vbulletin support is pretty slow. Hopefully I get a reply tonight and I can get it fixed tomorrow. We may go through another update though, as I've had a liscense for VBulletin 5 for years and I can actually update to that now. So we'll see what happens.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I'm still working on them. Unfortunately I didn't see they were down again until this morning and Vbulletin support is pretty slow. Hopefully I get a reply tonight and I can get it fixed tomorrow. We may go through another update though, as I've had a liscense for VBulletin 5 for years and I can actually update to that now. So we'll see what happens.
    I speak for everyone (I was elected) when I say we really appreciate the effort to get it working again. Thanks, Dan.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

As soon as you posted this, the preorder magically showed up in my inbox
    Yeah happened to me too. I was just checking publisher's sites as I do when I'm trying to avoid the dumpster fire that is the real world when I saw the new Little Book posted. So, continuing to avoid reality I came here to blab about it. But reality was waiting for me once I was done.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I speak for everyone (I was elected) when I say we really appreciate the effort to get it working again. Thanks, Dan.
    You are from Chicago so being 'elected' has its own meaning.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan, I feel your pain. Running an older version of vbulletin is treacherous.
    Ask my son, or stroppygoblin.
    Upgrading is even more fun.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there any publicly available CD discount codes floating around at the moment?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Dan, I'd be really interested in your feedback on how the upgrade went, assuming you decide to do this. Not suggesting you do that in an open forum here, but if we could have a private conversation about it after the fact, I would be grateful.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Dan, I'd be really interested in your feedback on how the upgrade went, assuming you decide to do this. Not suggesting you do that in an open forum here, but if we could have a private conversation about it after the fact, I would be grateful.
    I'm hoping to attempt the upgrade to VB 5 today on a copy of the forums. Just waiting on the website people to set it up for me. If that works, and it doesn't crash after the day rolls over then I'll probably proceed with doing it to the live version. It seems like it should be pretty straight forward though. We aren't running any plugins or addons that we have to worry about loosing. The biggest thing will be the forum style, but I already had to rebuild our old one from scratch, so it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Here's the updated list:

LITTLE BOOKS SERIES 3

Published:
    William F Nolan
    Mort Castle
    Tim Waggoner
    Josh Malerman
    Thomas Ligotti
    Gahan Wilson
    Caitlin Kiernan
    Charles Grant
    Ramsey Campbell
    Robert McCammon

Soon to arrive:
    Sarah Pinborough

Promised:
    Richard Chizmar
    Heather Graham
    Owen King

Named but not confirmed:
    Bentley Little
    Stephen King
    Blake Crouch
    Thanks, Jeff! Although not officially announced I'm 99.9% sure that the Blake Crouch volume is a go. With the 3 "promised" volumes that would complete the list of 15. (No Bentley Little or Stephen King.)

Time will tell.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah happened to me too. I was just checking publisher's sites as I do when I'm trying to avoid the dumpster fire that is the real world when I saw the new Little Book posted. So, continuing to avoid reality I came here to blab about it. But reality was waiting for me once I was done.
    I went ahead and preordered the slipcase as well while I was there. I don't recall ever getting an email to do that.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I went ahead and preordered the slipcase as well while I was there. I don't recall ever getting an email to do that.
    No they never send an email for the slipcases. I thought I mentioned it in the CD forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news. I have progress on the forums. Assuming they don't break overnight I'll be running the upgrade to VBulletin 5 tomorrow and we'll be back up and running. The upgrade seems to have worked perfectly in my test environment.

Country
    Country Flag

No they never send an email for the slipcases. I thought I mentioned it in the CD forum.
    You did but I swear I received an email to preorder for the first one. Maybe it was just in a newsletter

Ok forum update number 1,999... I solved the problem that was causing the original forums to crash this morning, but I'm going ahead with the update to Vbulletin 5 anyways, since it worked perfectly on my test environment. I figure might as well finally do that update since we paid for it like 6 years ago anyways. Should be back up and running in an hour or 2. They the appearance of the forums will be in flux for a bit as I take the time to tweak it to what I want it to be / look like.

Ok. It's back now. Hopefully for good. VB5 will take a bit to get used to, but it definitely is a more powerful piece of software. I'm still tweaking the appearance, but we should be useable now.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Awesome, Dan.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Dan! I'm trying to get used to the interface. One thing I've already noticed: nothing happens when you click the What's New button. Used to be you clicked that button and you'd get served all the latest posts across all threads. I liked that--that was my usual point of entry so I could join active conversations. I hope you can bring that back if possible. Again and regardless, thank you for restoring the forum. It's something we pay nothing for and enjoy.

Thank you Dan! I'm trying to get used to the interface. One thing I've already noticed: nothing happens when you click the What's New button. Used to be you clicked that button and you'd get served all the latest posts across all threads. I liked that--that was my usual point of entry so I could join active conversations. I hope you can bring that back if possible. Again and regardless, thank you for restoring the forum. It's something we pay nothing for and enjoy.
    Let me look into it. I added that back in myself, as there didn't seem to be a "What's New".

For what's it's worth, the "What's New" button is working just fine for me.

Country
    Country Flag

For what's it's worth, the "What's New" button is working just fine for me.
    Yeah I just checked and it's back!

Yep I fixed. Might as well move any discussion about the CD forums off of the DT board though. No reason to bog this thread down with suggestions and problems. You can post anything you find here.

https://forum.cemeterydance.com/foru...are-back-again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 800 of 890 FirstFirst ... 300 700 750 790 798 799 800 801 802 810 850 ... LastLast