Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 873 of 890 FirstFirst ... 373 773 823 863 871 872 873 874 875 883 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,825 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    Looks like a money grab to me. Print more ,make more money. No other explanation for it since all previous AE's have been 750.
    How about making copies to try to meet demand for one of the most popular books? I mean, what you say may be true, too, but limitations are usually increased to meet demand. It's not surprising that there'd be more demand for The Stand than for any of the others.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Anyone know how long it takes to get a post approved on the CD Forums? Posted a question yesterday, and the post is still "unapproved". Do all posts need to be approved?
    Are you a new member there or a regular? Been a member there for years and my post don't need approval. I wonder if Dan F. is tasked with running that as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Anyone know how long it takes to get a post approved on the CD Forums? Posted a question yesterday, and the post is still "unapproved". Do all posts need to be approved?
    Are you a new member there or a regular? Been a member there for years and my post don't need approval. I wonder if Dan F. is tasked with running that as well.

Well, I joined in Dec 2016, the unapproved posts says I have 1 posts, not sure if that is counting the unapproved one or not. I think I made a post a couple of years ago to get entered into a contest (probably Chasing the Boogeyman or a Gwendy book, LOL).

EDIT: the post was for a Game of Thrones 20th anniversary giveaway in 12/16. I didn't win.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

If my memory serves me correct (50% chance of that) Dan Hocker originally set it up that a new users first few posts would be suspended and he would review them and release them. After that he would clear you to post without requiring approval. With Mr. Hocker gone it may be that no one is monitoring new posts. You should PM Dan Franklin from within the forum and ask him. Guessing he would be the only possible person to review and approve posts.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. IIRC, there was a mild threshold that new posters had to meet (~3 approved posts) before their posts would be no longer be moderated.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    On May 14, 2014, I purchased all the remaining Doubleday gift and artist editions for the same price I paid for Carrie via a special offer using Mindy's Secret Link.
    I did the same, but just for the gift editions. $450 shipped for the (at the time) remaining 5 books. There was also a Stephen King Grab Bag that included a Carrie Artist, but buyers were given the chance to swap it out for another Doubleday Years title. So I swapped mine for The Stand.

All this was eight years ago, but I just checked with Mindy and I'm still on the list to receive both editions. Pretty excited, honestly.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That message was not supposed to be publicly shared.

Along the Path of the Beam jwilkinson01 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sorry, I was not aware of that. As far as I know I am only on the general email distribution (having not pre-ordered any of their editions in the past) and thought it was ok to share. Also there was nothing stated in the email not to share. Post deleted with my sincere apologies.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Got one that time. Looks like it is out of print, again…..
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jwilkinson01 View Post
    Sorry, I was not aware of that. As far as I know I am only on the general email distribution (having not pre-ordered any of their editions in the past) and thought it was ok to share. Also there was nothing stated in the email not to share. Post deleted with my sincere apologies.
    None needed. You are correct in that CD didn't explicitly say don't share. So actually I owe you an apology.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Was able to snag a copy. Hopefully taking final orders this week is an indication that publication will happen sometime this year.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Was able to snag a copy. Hopefully taking final orders this week is an indication that publication will happen sometime this year.
    Sorry, but I started laughing out loud when I read this………
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Hope springs enternal...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Missed again, maybe someone can trade me for one if we see them soon.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

Default YES!

Whew! Got one!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

After inquiring, it appears that long ago I ordered 3 AE's. And 2 gift editions.
    Even though I could and would have received those orders, I asked for all but one each be refunded/credited so that a few more would be available.
    Hopefully someone here was able to buy one of them.

After inquiring, it appears that long ago I ordered 3 AE's. And 2 gift editions.
    Even though I could and would have received those orders, I asked for all but one each be refunded/credited so that a few more would be available.
    Hopefully someone here was able to buy one of them.
    Well done, Jerome.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As did I
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

As did I
    Although my comment was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek, imagine the much needed reputation/credibility bump it would generate for CD if the gift edition was already in the warehouse when the notice went out last week.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for my gift edition of The Stand to arrive! WOOT!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As did I
    Although my comment was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek, imagine the much needed reputation/credibility bump it would generate for CD if the gift edition was already in the warehouse when the notice went out last week.
    Don't think any of the books have been printed yet, as the notification for remarqued editions hasn't gone out yet.

sk

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

For the next 2-3 years, The Stand will be (a) rolling at the printer, my favorite; (b) waiting for a signature; or (c) going for another round of proofreading.

Quote Originally Posted by ncleapyear View Post
    For the next 2-3 years, The Stand will be (a) rolling at the printer, my favorite; (b) waiting for a signature; or (c) going for another round of proofreading.
    Sad, but likely true. The optimist in me hopes the gift edition is almost ready; the cynic suspects the recent round of order placements was for revenue to pay off outstanding debt.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ncleapyear View Post
    Absolutely not. When Brian F. was still working for CD he made it known the book(s) wouldn't be announced till practically ready for the printer.
    2023 Will be the year we have them in hand.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to StephenKingCatalog.com:

This product will be in stock on 10/18/2023.
    No idea if that will actually happen.

They also still have copies available for $195.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 873 of 890 FirstFirst ... 373 773 823 863 871 872 873 874 875 883 ... LastLast