Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 803 of 890 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 813 853 ... LastLast
Results 20,051 to 20,075 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Thank you so much Brian and Dan! I'll be getting a replacement copy! WOOT! Cemetery Dance rocks!
    Wow! That's exceptional. Really is considering they were under no obligation.
    This is why they are my favorite publisher. =)
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    We always try to do what we can in these types of situations. We can't always help, but we try.
    And that is why you're my favorite publisher. =)
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CD gets points!!! Very nice guys!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I didn't get any updates on this thread via email in the last week, so I thought everyone was just napping their way into summer until Dan said something to me...

Brian
    Probably went into your spam folder.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much Brian and Dan! I'll be getting a replacement copy! WOOT! Cemetery Dance rocks!
    That's really cool, Ben. Glad they were able to help you out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    CD gets points!!! Very nice guys!!!
    YUP!
    WANTED:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too! And all I had to do was sign this piece of paper which says.... hold on... my soul? What? Uh oh... =)
    WANTED:

Country
    Country Flag

Me too! And all I had to do was sign this piece of paper which says.... hold on... my soul? What? Uh oh... =)
    Pretty much a collector's mantra.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Gosh I'm sure this question was asked a dozen times already and I apologize in advance - but I'm in the market for a set of the CD Carrie, SL, The Shining, and while I know Night Shift isn't in hand yet, for someone to have a "matching set" do the rights get transferred with the last book? Asking before I pull any triggers.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Gosh I'm sure this question was asked a dozen times already and I apologize in advance - but I'm in the market for a set of the CD Carrie, SL, The Shining, and while I know Night Shift isn't in hand yet, for someone to have a "matching set" do the rights get transferred with the last book? Asking before I pull any triggers.
    Cemetery Dance does not do rights on a book unfortunately. So you can have matching numbers on all four current DD books and means nothing to them.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Cemetery Dance does not do rights on a book unfortunately. So you can have matching numbers on all four current DD books and means nothing to them.

Very helpful - thank you!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a bit harsh, and incorrect. CD does a great job or trying to match numbers/letters for a buyer. There may be no declared "rights" for secondary or tertiary buyers, but if requested. CD will do everything they can to accommodate the customer.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

That is a bit harsh, and incorrect. CD does a great job or trying to match numbers/letters for a buyer. There may be no declared "rights" for secondary or tertiary buyers, but if requested. CD will do everything they can to accommodate the customer.
    There are no rights.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are no rights.
    That statement is true. This statement is not:
    So you can have matching numbers on all four current DD books and means nothing to them.
    In fact I will go further than that and say that no individual purchaser has any 'legal' rights to receive a matching designation. Most smaller publishers will go to great lengths to ensure you have a matching number or letter but are under no legal obligation to do so.

Even Suntup - who's extensive matching process I am intimately familiar with (and it is waaay more complex than you could possibly imagine) will only 'try' to match your previous designation. Again there is no legal requirement for Paul to do this, just good customer service.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    There are no rights.
    So you can have matching numbers on all four current DD books and means nothing to them.
    In fact I will go further than that and say that no individual purchaser has any 'legal' rights to receive a matching designation. Most smaller publishers will go to great lengths to ensure you have a matching number or letter but are under no legal obligation to do so.

Even Suntup - who's extensive matching process I am intimately familiar with (and it is waaay more complex than you could possibly imagine) will only 'try' to match your previous designation. Again there is no legal requirement for Paul to do this, just good customer service.
    Verry helpful. I'm late to the game of buying the CD DD books - and while I would prefer (and pay more for) a matching set, I don't want to go through the expense of buying the set (then negotiating for Night Shift) only to have the books and not be able to reserve the next one. If it's a matter of sending proof that I am in possession of the latest, great. But if it's a registration system (which it sounds as though it's not), then damn.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given CDs organizational problems, suggesting that they deal with matching numbers for pedantic collectors is nothing short of sadistic. The perfect storm. At best, hope you will receive your CD book before dying of old age to avoid unnecessary grief.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

There are no rights.

Verry helpful. I'm late to the game of buying the CD DD books - and while I would prefer (and pay more for) a matching set, I don't want to go through the expense of buying the set (then negotiating for Night Shift) only to have the books and not be able to reserve the next one. If it's a matter of sending proof that I am in possession of the latest, great. But if it's a registration system (which it sounds as though it's not), then damn.
    I think if you have Carrie, ‘Salem’s Lot, and The Shining all the same number then you should be good with a request via email to Mindy for that number of Night Shift. Unless you’re a lifetime subscriber, CD doesn’t hold numbers. And if you own all the same number, then I doubt any one else will request that number because they won’t need to match the previous releases. If you know the number I’d move this convo to email with Mindy.

Though I think you should be fine.

But what I think and what I know and reality are three very different things with very little overlap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Generally speaking first dibs goes to whoever bought the previous book in the series. Now if that person happened to have sold off their whole set, but still has say Night Shift on order with a matching number request. Often we'll contact them to see if they still need the matching number. But there's another wrench in the works here, and that's retailers. They pretty much all get matching numbers and they continue to get those numbers (even though they sell their books). There's only a handful of times where I've pulled a number from a retailer, and they weren't happy about it. So we always do what we can, but we can make no promises. This all said, if you're looking for a full matching set, shoot me an email I might be able to hook you up (no promises though)

Country
    Country Flag

There are no rights.

No. My statement is true. As far as a guarantee right now it means nothing. Not sure why "legality" came into the conversation but you are right that offering rights is good customer service.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are no rights.

No. My statement is true. As far as a guarantee right now it means nothing. Not sure why "legality" came into the conversation but you are right that offering rights is good customer service.

I disagree. Your statement is wrong. CD has bent over backwards to match my number at times. If it meant nothing they wouldn't have bothered. Just because they make no guarantees doesn't mean it means nothing.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    There are no rights.

I disagree. Your statement is wrong. CD has bent over backwards to match my number at times. If it meant nothing they wouldn't have bothered. Just because they make no guarantees doesn't mean it means nothing.
    Awesome that you disagree. What I said is true.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Having seen your previous posts, i realise the futility of trying to argue with you, but wrong is wrong. It's clearly not true as Dan has already attested to with his response. It DOES mean something to them, that is irrefutable.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Having seen your previous posts, i realise the futility of trying to argue with you, but wrong is wrong. It's clearly not true as Dan has already attested to with his response. It DOES mean something to them, that is irrefutable.
    It does not mean anything to them in regards to a guarantee. Irrefutable.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It does not mean anything to them in regards to a guarantee. Irrefutable.

And literally no one disagrees that there is no guarantee. They are saying they will try to match which means it does mean something to them even if they don’t guarantee it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much a collector's mantra.
    LOL! Right?

Just got my replacement book today. Very happy! CD rocks!
    WANTED:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 803 of 890 FirstFirst ... 303 703 753 793 801 802 803 804 805 813 853 ... LastLast