Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 861 of 890 FirstFirst ... 361 761 811 851 859 860 861 862 863 871 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,525 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    ...and now his son, too...
    Wait; what?
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Richard promoted Billy Chizmar’s Patreon page (along with his and Brian’s pages) yesterday in an email about getting CD store credit. How CD operates now is just ridiculous.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Yeah, Richard promoted Billy Chizmar’s Patreon page (along with his and Brian’s pages) yesterday in an email about getting CD store credit. How CD operates now is just ridiculous.
    Not sure where this was promoted but I am a member of Brian's Patreon and get CD emails and I have heard nothing of this.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ANYONE HERE slamming this would 1000% be there trying to help their boy too make it. ESPECIALLY when its something you both have a passion for AND NOT TO MENTION you have an avenue to help him. Arguably the BEST avenue. Just my two cents but if it was my son I'd be doing all I could to help him the best I could. I think its safe to say... everyone on this thread would.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It was in an email yesterday. I deleted it so I can’t pull up the contents, but yeah, it was all about getting a CD credit if you subscribe to any of the three patreons.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris - I think everyone is just tired of the constant pushing of Richard’s, and now Billy’s, books.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kris - I think everyone is just tired of the constant pushing of Richard’s, and now Billy’s, books.
    I know but CAN you blame him? Its his son. WE would all do the same brother.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

It was in an email yesterday. I deleted it so I can’t pull up the contents, but yeah, it was all about getting a CD credit if you subscribe to any of the three patreons.
    Do you recall if the email came from CDCC, CD or Richard himself? I received nothing from any of them yesterday and have checked spam. You also mention three Patreons? I am a member of Brian's and am aware of Billy's. What is the third?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think the frustration is mostly at the incredible delays in releasing many books. Some that reach back for a decade. CD should be doing nothing else until that backlog is addressed. It's an insult to customers to expect them to wait years for books while they take on new projects.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry - but like many others here I have several books waiting - 11 on last check - the oldest were ordered back in 2015. That is fine if you would like to promote yourself or your son - but I think we would all take it better if they were only 1-2 years behind on books...not 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 years behind. That is absurd for a company to function - and not eventually go out of business. Right now - until said books show up - they are treated like lost purchases I have made. I have severely (as many others probably have as well) decreased any purchases I have made through CD in the past 2-3 years - which again is not good for their business. And yes I can blame him - since this seems to have superceeded actually getting a product out the door to the actual customers. At times these emails are worse than the spam calls I get on a daily basis.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Found the email from CD. It was for Billy’s and Brian’s Patreon. Not Richard’s.

If you've been on the fence about Billy Chizmar and Brian James Freeman's Patreon projects, today we have the ultimate special offer to help you make the jump!

If you sign up before the end of the month at ANY tier for either of these terrific authors, or if you sign-up for BOTH of them, we will reimburse you for your full first month's fee in the form of a Cemetery Dance Gift Certificate! These never expire and can be used for anything, so you have nothing to lose!

* Even better, if you join Billy Chizmar's Patreon at the $5 tier or higher today, you'll still qualify for Billy's very first Patreon exclusive chapbook, a special collaboration with Richard Chizmar! Read more here before time runs out:

https://www.patreon.com/whchizmar/

Brian James Freeman's next exclusive Patreon chapbook has *something* to do with Stephen King's books and stories and this is also the last month to qualify for a copy, so now is the perfect time to sign up:

https://www.patreon.com/BrianJamesFreeman/

Remember: you can sign up for BOTH of them and receive a Gift Certificate for your full first month's fee for BOTH of them![\QUOTE]

The Gift Certificates will be issued in May because of the logistics involved.

Thank you, as always, for your continuing support!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    This. I have no problem with a successful family member trying to help and support one of their own, but it's in poor taste to constantly push new things (whether it's Richard's, his son's, or whoever else) when CD has such an enormous backlog of books that haven't been released. It just leaves a poor taste in my mouth when they've had our money for pre-ordered books for years and we're asked to fork over more to support new projects.

Needless to say, Brian, Dan, and Mindy are all fantastic and my venting has nothing to do with them.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

If you've been on the fence about Billy Chizmar and Brian James Freeman's Patreon projects, today we have the ultimate special offer to help you make the jump!

If you sign up before the end of the month at ANY tier for either of these terrific authors, or if you sign-up for BOTH of them, we will reimburse you for your full first month's fee in the form of a Cemetery Dance Gift Certificate! These never expire and can be used for anything, so you have nothing to lose!

* Even better, if you join Billy Chizmar's Patreon at the $5 tier or higher today, you'll still qualify for Billy's very first Patreon exclusive chapbook, a special collaboration with Richard Chizmar! Read more here before time runs out:

Brian James Freeman's next exclusive Patreon chapbook has *something* to do with Stephen King's books and stories and this is also the last month to qualify for a copy, so now is the perfect time to sign up:

Remember: you can sign up for BOTH of them and receive a Gift Certificate for your full first month's fee for BOTH of them![\QUOTE]

Thank you. I wonder how they selected the distribution list as I did not receive this.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

Thank you. I wonder how they selected the distribution list as I did not receive this.
    I received the email three separate times. I assume from three different CD lists I'm on.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I received the email three separate times. I assume from three different CD lists I'm on.
    That is what I would have expected as it is generally how these types of offers come to me from CD. It really does not matter as I subscribe to Brian's and have no plan to join Billy's but I am curious as to how I was filtered out of receiving the offer.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

That is what I would have expected as it is generally how these types of offers come to me from CD. It really does not matter as I subscribe to Brian's and have no plan to join Billy's but I am curious as to how I was filtered out of receiving the offer.
    Not sure what service they use but most mass email products have the option to select multiple lists for one mailing so that you can avoid sending the same email multiple times to the same people.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think what's making us all grit our teeth is the best way to help your child is to set a good example. I wince that CD is his example of how to run a business.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could care less about emails. They can be ignored and deleted rather easily. I just want the damn books that have been paid for. We will never get any meaningful updates on the Production Page which is the only source of info on the timeline. I am just hoping that they are doing what ever they need to do to keep the doors open to eventually deliver what they owe. At this point it is a long shot and the odds are not in our favor but I still have a sliver of hope.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just hope they can deliver the last two Doubleday years books before I die or they go belly-up. I've already cancelled everything else.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I just hope they can deliver the last two Doubleday years books before I die or they go belly-up. I've already cancelled everything else.
    Stand I suspect will be this winter from what I hear.... Then just PEt S to go!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Will PS Needful Things be offered to those that have been matching the series since the beginning through CD?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have the emails from CD decreased considerably in the last week. The last email that I received was on April 21. Now I certainly don't mind seeing FEWER emails flogging the latest Richard or Billy project, I would still like SOME regularity so I know that I'm still on the list.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Have the emails from CD decreased considerably in the last week. The last email that I received was on April 21. Now I certainly don't mind seeing FEWER emails flogging the latest Richard or Billy project, I would still like SOME regularity so I know that I'm still on the list.
    My last three were the 21st and then the 26th (x2) not counting CD online emails. That is less than normal.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Maybe Elon Musk bought CD.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Will PS Needful Things be offered to those that have been matching the series since the beginning through CD?
    I would like to know too.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 861 of 890 FirstFirst ... 361 761 811 851 859 860 861 862 863 871 ... LastLast