Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 828 of 890 FirstFirst ... 328 728 778 818 826 827 828 829 830 838 878 ... LastLast
Results 20,676 to 20,700 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    So Mark contributed with the cover for all the editions but the illustration he made for the gift cover isn't present in the artist and the one in the AE isn't in the gift (I don't recall seeing the cover for the lettered)?
    The Doubleday lettereds don't come with a dj/cover.

sk

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I forgot about that.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Brian & Dan, When do you expect CD to start shipping your Lividian 20 CG's?
    Hey guys, I don't see where you answered this...? Inquiring minds want to know!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Yeah, with the new printer and the new press, we had to change paper stocks. We were expecting this stock to be pretty similar because it was the same 65# weight and the samples seemed similar, but that wasn't the case, unfortunately.

Brian
    I see that my reply is somewhat late, but I've pretty much been away from the 'game' for a while so haven't been watching too closely. I was also surprised and disappointed by the paperstock of the Night Shift gift edition (and suppose that will be the case on the AE as well). I hope (and am sure that) real care will be taken that this doesn't carry over to The Stand (and eventually Pet Sematary). More than anything else, it was the feel/look of the paperstock on my first CD books that really had me feeling that I had a PREMIUM book in my collection, as much or more than the art/binding/traycase/etc.

Cemetery Dance certainly has the Sword of Damocles over their head with the printer switches of the last couple of years, so I don't envy having to make those decisions to go ahead with things in one way instead of another (or even 3rd and 4th considerations), but I hope that the paperstock on this one was a one-off.

As always, Brian (& Dan) thank you for always being so willing to respond to queries on every minutiae.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree 100%. Initially the paperstock seemed ordinary and thin, but when compared to the Carrie gift edition, it was clearly inferior. It would be tragic if the same paper was used for The Stand.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post

Yeah, with the new printer and the new press, we had to change paper stocks. We were expecting this stock to be pretty similar because it was the same 65# weight and the samples seemed similar, but that wasn't the case, unfortunately.

Brian
    I see that my reply is somewhat late, but I've pretty much been away from the 'game' for a while so haven't been watching too closely. I was also surprised and disappointed by the paperstock of the Night Shift gift edition (and suppose that will be the case on the AE as well). I hope (and am sure that) real care will be taken that this doesn't carry over to The Stand (and eventually Pet Sematary). More than anything else, it was the feel/look of the paperstock on my first CD books that really had me feeling that I had a PREMIUM book in my collection, as much or more than the art/binding/traycase/etc.

Cemetery Dance certainly has the Sword of Damocles over their head with the printer switches of the last couple of years, so I don't envy having to make those decisions to go ahead with things in one way instead of another (or even 3rd and 4th considerations), but I hope that the paperstock on this one was a one-off.

As always, Brian (& Dan) thank you for always being so willing to respond to queries on every minutiae.
    I totally agree and had the same thoughts. Part of the reason I still purchase CD and am ok with the delays is that I considered the quality of their books unmatched. I mean especially the paper stock. I just was always so impressed with it. But with night shift I honestly felt like I just didn’t get that feeling. It didn’t wow me like their other productions. Still like it but it was just lacking a wow factor

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I agree 100%. Initially the paperstock seemed ordinary and thin, but when compared to the Carrie gift edition, it was clearly inferior. It would be tragic if the same paper was used for The Stand.
    The Stand will be printed on the same paper as IT. On the Carrie paper stock, the bulk would be nearly 4.5 inches and even if we could find a binder with a press to handle that size, it would be guaranteed that the binding would break and signatures would be falling out within months of the books shipping.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Stand will be printed on the same paper as IT.
    Since I don't have a CD It (*takes 45-second break to weep over what has been lost*), I'd like to know the opinions on the paper in It from the many here who do have copies.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Stand will be printed on the same paper as IT.
    Since I don't have a CD It (*takes 45-second break to weep over what has been lost*), I'd like to know the opinions on the paper in It from the many here who do have copies.
    By necessity it’s thin and not nearly as nice as the paper in almost every other King CD edition. It didn’t bother me. In fact I only looked back at it after it was mentioned here. It’s just impossible to have a 1000 page book with heavier paper and contain it all in one volume. The gift edition of IT is still one of my favorites from CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

thanks
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It paper is more than fine!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I really like the paper used for It. I should receive my artist edition of Night Shift tomorrow. I will need to compare the two.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    I really like the paper used for It. I should receive my artist edition of Night Shift tomorrow. I will need to compare the two.
    Did you get a Remarque? I haven’t gotten a shipping notice yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

I have a remarque coming too. No shipping notice but realize those are the last to ship. Using Fed Ex on this one so maybe not to long in getting to me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    I have a remarque coming too. No shipping notice but realize those are the last to ship. Using Fed Ex on this one so maybe not to long in getting to me.
    I upgraded the shipping too.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Did you get a Remarque? I haven’t gotten a shipping notice yet.

No Remarque for me. Last I heard they were not yet shipping the Remarque books.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just coming to check on this very thing. I have a remarqued one coming but I do believe you're right in they generally ship last as I also haven't gotten any notice. I think at some point Dan said it might be mid Feb before they finish up AE's. Can't wait to see what remarque I get!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I was just coming to check on this very thing. I have a remarqued one coming but I do believe you're right in they generally ship last as I also haven't gotten any notice. I think at some point Dan said it might be mid Feb before they finish up AE's. Can't wait to see what remarque I get!
    The guys should start shipping the remarques by early next week I think.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Brian & Dan, When do you expect CD to start shipping your Lividian 20 CG's?
    Hey guys, I don't see where you answered this...? Inquiring minds want to know!
    I can't give you a exact date on this yet. Once we finish Night Shift I have to ship both the January (it's late) and February book of the month club books. I also have Borderlands Little Bronze Book by Owen King to ship. Then we'll ship 20CG. Stephen King editions kinda put everything else on hold.

Not being able to bring in extra "kids" over the holidays to help pack NIGHT SHIFT really hurt. With all editions sold out, it's been a ton of books to pack, but we're almost done. Thank you to everyone for your patience on this project, from beginning to end!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Now I am confused. I received my Artist Edition of Night Shift today. I was expecting cheap paper stock. The paper, while thinner than previous editions is good. I compared it to my Gift Edition of It and it appears to match that. Did the Gift Edition of Night Shift use different paper than the Artist Editions?

Now I am confused. I received my Artist Edition of Night Shift today. I was expecting cheap paper stock. The paper, while thinner than previous editions is good. I compared it to my Gift Edition of It and it appears to match that. Did the Gift Edition of Night Shift use different paper than the Artist Editions?
    All three editions of NIGHT SHIFT were printed on the same stock. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not even remotely close to the other Doubleday books.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Not even remotely close to the other Doubleday books.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Completely agree. The paper stock on Carrie is almost card stock. I set my expectations very low based on the comments here and it was nicer than I expected. I compared it directly to the Carrie Artist edition and the It Gift edition. The paper appears equal to the It Gift edition.

Not being able to bring in extra "kids" over the holidays to help pack NIGHT SHIFT really hurt. With all editions sold out, it's been a ton of books to pack, but we're almost done. Thank you to everyone for your patience on this project, from beginning to end!

Brian
    Not that we have extra "kids" to bring in anymore. They've all grown up and gotten real jobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 828 of 890 FirstFirst ... 328 728 778 818 826 827 828 829 830 838 878 ... LastLast