Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 890 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3rd.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

4th
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

No direction to not repost in the email I got:

http://www.stephenkingrevisited.com/...sited-contest/

Best of luck.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone (Until directed by Brian Freeman) STFU

BTW, I'm kidding. This is the internet and the whole idea of the site is for people to come here for sneaks.
    BTAIM, join the CDCC.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

If you're going to say anything about an offer you should just say "great offer today". The club is common knowledge but if the email says don't say anything yet, don't.

HA! I meant to reply to this yesterday and time got away from me. (Been listening to The Gunslinger on audio for the first time since I was a kid and I'm thinking I might finally listen to the whole series...)

Anyway, members of the CDCC and customers who purchased a particular book were notified of a new item on Friday. The CDCC always gets early notification. The customers who purchased the particular book were notified to give them plenty of time to decide if they wanted matching numbers, etc, if the new item appealed to them. It's not a state secret or anything, but it does make my life and Mindy's life easier when no one posts until the public announcement.

By the way, not only did members of the CDCC get early notification of our special edition of IT before we announced it to the general public, they also received a discount on all three editions.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    BTAIM, join the CDCC.
    According to a online research, BTAIM = Be That As It May.
    But what the hell does that mean?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    BTAIM, join the CDCC.
    According to a online research, BTAIM = Be That As It May.
    But what the hell does that mean?
    From the online Cambridge dictionary:

English definition of “be that as it may” See all translations
    be that as it may

formal
    › used to mean that you accept that a piece of information is true but it does not change your opinion of the subject you are discussing:

Building a new children's home will cost a lot of money but, be that as it may, there is an urgent need for the facility.

Banned Joka42 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

anyone have the proof list of CD books? /thanks

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what you mean by proof list.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    HA! I meant to reply to this yesterday and time got away from me. (Been listening to The Gunslinger on audio for the first time since I was a kid and I'm thinking I might finally listen to the whole series...)

Anyway, members of the CDCC and customers who purchased a particular book were notified of a new item on Friday. The CDCC always gets early notification. The customers who purchased the particular book were notified to give them plenty of time to decide if they wanted matching numbers, etc, if the new item appealed to them. It's not a state secret or anything, but it does make my life and Mindy's life easier when no one posts until the public announcement.

By the way, not only did members of the CDCC get early notification of our special edition of IT before we announced it to the general public, they also received a discount on all three editions.

Brian
    Translation:

JOIN THE DAMN CDCC!!!!!!!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've said this a couple of times but I just want to say that I appreciate CD giving the option of unsigned 'gift editions'.

There've been a couple of books from other publishers recently that are only available as limiteds and lettereds which I simply can't afford that I would like to have, so I'm very grateful that you guys are still putting out high quality books at an affordable price.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I've said this a couple of times but I just want to say that I appreciate CD giving the option of unsigned 'gift editions'.

There've been a couple of books from other publishers recently that are only available as limiteds and lettereds which I simply can't afford that I would like to have, so I'm very grateful that you guys are still putting out high quality books at an affordable price.
    The first small press book I ever purchased was the Donald Grant trade HC of Wizard & Glass when it showed up at the Waldenbooks where I worked in high school. That got me interested in the concept of these smaller presses publishing beautiful special edition books. The next two I found (via this newfound thing called the "Internet") were the Insomnia and Desperation Gift Editions. Oversized books... with color interior artwork... and slipcases... I was hooked for good.

So, yeah, I'm a big believer in having a more accessible version if the author will allow it!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The first small press book I ever purchased was the Donald Grant trade HC of Wizard & Glass when it showed up at the Waldenbooks where I worked in high school. That got me interested in the concept of these smaller presses publishing beautiful special edition books. The next two I found (via this newfound thing called the "Internet") were the Insomnia and Desperation Gift Editions. Oversized books... with color interior artwork... and slipcases... I was hooked for good.

So, yeah, I'm a big believer in having a more accessible version if the author will allow it!

Brian
    Very cool! Good to know where you get your inspiration for all these great editions you guys release. I didn't get the Fight Club, e-mail, interesting news though. I'll probably pass, the one Palahniuk book I've read I didn't overly enjoy. Love the Fight Club flick though.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to prove how awesome CD's Artist Edition of Carrie is, I have just uploaded some photos of my copy on the P&J thread...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?377-Your-New-Pride-and-Joy!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Brian
    Let me second my appreciation for "gift" editions, and CD's in particular. My first small press book was a "trade" edition of Dark Harvest's Night Visions 6. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was- for pretty much the same price as a regular mainstream publisher's hardcover. The wraparound painted dust jacket, colored boards, stylish design and typography, interior illustrations- it truly was love at first sight (and Garton's underrated masterpiece novella, MONSTERS made me a fan for life). I noticed on the flap that there was a "signed edition" for $20 more (or whatever it was). I thought about it.. same book as this, apparently- with some signatures in it. Hmm, nice.. but for that $20- I could get Volume 5- with Stephen King in it! I was hooked on "trades", or "gifts". It's not about the rarity- it's about the beauty. Glad CD is still taking care of us.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Brian
    Let me second my appreciation for "gift" editions, and CD's in particular. My first small press book was a "trade" edition of Dark Harvest's Night Visions 6. I couldn't believe how gorgeous it was- for pretty much the same price as a regular mainstream publisher's hardcover. The wraparound painted dust jacket, colored boards, stylish design and typography, interior illustrations- it truly was love at first sight (and Garton's underrated masterpiece novella, MONSTERS made me a fan for life). I noticed on the flap that there was a "signed edition" for $20 more (or whatever it was). I thought about it.. same book as this, apparently- with some signatures in it. Hmm, nice.. but for that $20- I could get Volume 5- with Stephen King in it! I was hooked on "trades", or "gifts". It's not about the rarity- it's about the beauty. Glad CD is still taking care of us.
    +1. Well stated.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Wow! That was my first small press book, as well. In my case, my sister worked at a Borders and bought it for me for my birthday.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Imagine that. I have a Fine copy of Night Visions 6 (and 7, and 8 ), up for ebay auction.
    They will likely go for <$20

Night Visions 6-Dark Harvest-Dean Koontz, Ray Garton-F. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

Brian
    Wow! That was my first small press book, as well. In my case, my sister worked at a Borders and bought it for me for my birthday.
    We received 5 copies at our Waldenbooks and I've wondered from time to time if I would have ended up here if I hadn't worked there... My boss was amazing, a huge SK and horror fan, and I think I spent so much time hanging out there in the year before he hired me that he finally decided he'd better just hire me and get it over with. I even remember when he offered me the job out of the blue: late October 1996, right after I attended a screening of THINNER... and then wandered over to the bookstore to browse the new releases that I couldn't afford.

Brian

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Just seeing that gorgeous cover again is making me remember why I started down this path in the first place. Somebody buy that book!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

My first small press book was Zelazny's THE BELLS OF SHOREDAN, from Underwood-Miller; most of my early limiteds were Zelazny as that was where I started the first phase of my collecting life.

What I remember most about it was that, when I called Chuck Miller to validate that they had a copy in stock, I must've sounded pretty young, because he asked me at least once whether I was SURE that I wanted to spend so much money on this: did I know it was just a little paperback chapbook? I was, and I did, and I loved that book when it came.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a warning for prospective and past buyers of CD's unbound proofs from ebay.

I was the highest bidder of an auction for The Dark Man Unbound earlier in the month from UK seller ashkent7. What arrived was not what was pictured in the auction photographs. This was obviously a scanned and copy of the original.

The differences of the copy were as follows:
    1). All the CD unbound proofs should be all the same size (as confirmed by John Hanic and Brian @ CD), they should be printed on 8 1/2" x 11 sized paper. This is the only sized paper CD are using in their office. The unbound copy that arrived was A4 sized ( 8 1/4" x 11 2/3").

2). The printing quality was inferior compared to the CD versions with transfer of wet ink from opposing pages and there was leaching of ink through the paper.

3). The drawings of the copy were not central to the page as with the proper CD proof due to the differing size of paper. The right hand side margin was disproportionally wider as a result.

These are some photos of the copy

I know of at least one other member than myself that has bought a copy of The Dark Man unbound proof from this seller as a second chance offer (due to my apparent non-payment!)
    So if anybody else has purchased one from this seller check it very carefully.

I just hope that this unpleasant occurrence does not discourage Brian and the rest of the team at CD from offering them in the future, as I enjoy owning my other copies and really find them interesting. I don't know if future copies could be marked with marker with a unique number similar to the Secretary of Dreams bound proofs on the page edges?

I will also be posting this in the eBay bullshit and my Collection threads for maximum coverage!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I ask how much?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can I ask how much?
    I paid £122 for mine (approx $200) , 2nd highest bidder paid £120. I got a refund this morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 890 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 520 ... LastLast