Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 725 of 890 FirstFirst ... 225 625 675 715 723 724 725 726 727 735 775 825 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,125 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm keeping the foam too. It's right on top of the slipcase.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

What the hell is this foam everyone’s talking about? This?

Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep lol.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh, foam of my own,
    A piece of that great foam I own.
    I'll never it loose,
    Even when drinking booze,
    Nope, I'll never let that foam roam.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian.....any Sleeping Beauties slipcases left? I contacted Mindy and she gave me the ol' "if it's not on the site we are sold out" line......but I know you guys always have stuff not listed on the site.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Brian.....any Sleeping Beauties slipcases left? I contacted Mindy and she gave me the ol' "if it's not on the site we are sold out" line......but I know you guys always have stuff not listed on the site.
    Dan will confirm for you!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I think we only made it about a third of the way through shipping the cases for The Outsider before we closed for Christmas. I suspect we won't be finished until the 2nd week of January give the days we'll be closed for New Years as well. The foam inserts were us trying something new for this specific slipcase. The width was a weird size and this ended up being cheaper than buying Styrofoam sheets to stuff the cases with. We probably won't do this for every case though as it only will work for cases that are 1.5 to 2 inches and may only actually be cost effect at this specific size which is 1.75 inches. We'll see when the the next bigger case comes around.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I'm pretty positive we're out of those.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I think we only made it about a third of the way through shipping the cases for The Outsider before we closed for Christmas. I suspect we won't be finished until the 2nd week of January give the days we'll be closed for New Years as well. The foam inserts were us trying something new for this specific slipcase. The width was a weird size and this ended up being cheaper than buying Styrofoam sheets to stuff the cases with. We probably won't do this for every case though as it only will work for cases that are 1.5 to 2 inches and may only actually be cost effect at this specific size which is 1.75 inches. We'll see when the the next bigger case comes around.
    Hi Dan, Question, do you all measure books for slipcases with Brodart, or similar, covers on the books? I find CD's slipcases are very tight with covers on the books.
    Maybe I am unusual but I like to keep the DJ covered even in the slipcase. Even an extra millimeter would help.

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Hi Dan, Question, do you all measure books for slipcases with Brodart, or similar, covers on the books? I find CD's slipcases are very tight with covers on the books.
    Maybe I am unusual but I like to keep the DJ covered even in the slipcase. Even an extra millimeter would help.
    Generally we measure without the covers. We don't use them here at the office, but I don't believe the decision has ever been a conscious one.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Generally we measure without the covers. We don't use them here at the office, but I don't believe the decision has ever been a conscious one.
    Most CD slipcases are tight even without a Brodart cover. I would appreciate just a tiny bit more room too. I understand that you don't want them to be sloppy, but if the book is carefully read once it is nearly impossible to put it into a CD slipcase.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian or Dan, if one of you thinks of it after the holidays and shipping is complete PRETTY PLEASE PM me on here if there are any extra slipcases left for The Outsider. I'm afraid I'll miss the link being posted. And I will now officially shut up about these

Thank you fellas and Happy New Year!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Brian or Dan, if one of you thinks of it after the holidays and shipping is complete PRETTY PLEASE PM me on here if there are any extra slipcases left for The Outsider. I'm afraid I'll miss the link being posted. And I will now officially shut up about these

If they don't have any, I have an extra. Apparently my use of the spreadsheet to keep track of preorders isn't helping.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

If they don't have any, I have an extra. Apparently my use of the spreadsheet to keep track of preorders isn't helping.
    Dezzz! My girl! Bring it in for a hug!
    PM sent

I'm not sure there'll even be a link on this one. There are extras, but I'm not sure there's enough extras that we'll risk overselling with a link.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Just purchased "Revival" by Stephen King in a CD slipcase for $16, a first printing of "Flight or Fright" for $11.20 and a (paperback) first printing of "IT" for $3.20 in beautiful condition at Half-Price books using a holiday gift card. Have contacted Bev Vincent about signing "Flight or Fright". Life is good.

Ok so I lied, there will be a link for Outsider. There's significantly more left than I thought.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Just purchased "Revival" by Stephen King in a CD slipcase for $16, a first printing of "Flight or Fright" for $11.20 and a (paperback) first printing of "IT" for $3.20 in beautiful condition at Half-Price books using a holiday gift card. Have contacted Bev Vincent about signing "Flight or Fright". Life is good.
    Nice scores!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.
    I agree with this. I hate hate hate returning shit, especially books, but I just can’t keep a 2nd printing, so screw it, I’ll pay to send it back and pay the PayPal fees for the refund (you know, since it’s past 6 months since the transaction took place). I’ll tell you what, though, I’ll never order another trade edition through CD. Why would I if it’s just a crapshoot whether I’ll get a 1st/1st in the mail or basically a notice that I’ve gotta go to the post office and pay to return something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    It’s a really disappointing situation for collectors for sure, and it somewhat compounds the issues that have come up with the delay of Sleeping Beauties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Brian

Having aired my misgivings over this "Elevation" situation its only fair to add that unlike any other publisher I have dealt with in the past, CD always owns up to their few mistakes and takes responsibility and what ever action available to them to correct it. That is no small trait in the world today. So, yeah maybe they made a mistake, we all do from time to time, but they make no excuses and do their level best to correct them. That's a publisher I want to deal with.
    Once again, in the interest of fairness and since I posted before I fully thought it out, I have to say that true to form, CD has literally bent over backwards to rectify the situation with "Elevation". Fact is they were so good about it I found myself embarrassed to have ever posted in the first place. Name another publisher that would go to that extent to make a PITA collector happy and fully satisfied.

Thank you very much, Brian, Mindy, Dan and CD!!!! Once again you set the standard for all others to try to follow!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I agree with this. I hate hate hate returning shit, especially books, but I just can’t keep a 2nd printing, so screw it, I’ll pay to send it back and pay the PayPal fees for the refund (you know, since it’s past 6 months since the transaction took place). I’ll tell you what, though, I’ll never order another trade edition through CD. Why would I if it’s just a crapshoot whether I’ll get a 1st/1st in the mail or basically a notice that I’ve gotta go to the post office and pay to return something?
    It’s a really disappointing situation for collectors for sure, and it somewhat compounds the issues that have come up with the delay of Sleeping Beauties.
    HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Brian

Having aired my misgivings over this "Elevation" situation its only fair to add that unlike any other publisher I have dealt with in the past, CD always owns up to their few mistakes and takes responsibility and what ever action available to them to correct it. That is no small trait in the world today. So, yeah maybe they made a mistake, we all do from time to time, but they make no excuses and do their level best to correct them. That's a publisher I want to deal with.
    Once again, in the interest of fairness and since I posted before I fully thought it out, I have to say that true to form, CD has literally bent over backwards to rectify the situation with "Elevation". Fact is they were so good about it I found myself embarrassed to have ever posted in the first place. Name another publisher that would go to that extent to make a PITA collector happy and fully satisfied.

Thank you very much, Brian, Mindy, Dan and CD!!!! Once again you set the standard for all others to try to follow!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

Did they get you first editions? Curious? I was able to cancel my order before shipping.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

HI guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Brian

Did they get you first editions? Curious? I was able to cancel my order before shipping.
    I don't want to break any actual or implied confidence, nor cause any more stir than I already have posting before thinking, but let's just say that I am very happy in the end!!! Truth be told that is usually the result of any dealings with, CD and I should have gave that a thought before I posted. My only excuse is some continuing health issues and being cranky at the time I posted. Those guys really always go the extra mile to insure customer satisfaction!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Ok so I lied, there will be a link for Outsider. There's significantly more left than I thought.
    It would only a lie if you were being dishonest.

Here's the link before we put it in a note:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-ou...-slipcase.html

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the link before we put it in a note:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-ou...-slipcase.html

Brian
    You can't ship just a slipcase Media Mail. You might want to delete that option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 725 of 890 FirstFirst ... 225 625 675 715 723 724 725 726 727 735 775 825 ... LastLast