Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 890 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 596 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Along the Path of the Beam Spaceman Spiff is on a distinguished road Spaceman Spiff's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I orderd RtB from Amazon way before I heard that LRB/CD would not be seeling Amazon any of the books. Since I used a gift card that I won I just let it ride and I was pretty surprised when i got the email saying my book had shipped, Now I read that it will probalby be dinged up and without slip case. Dammit - It will be going back to amazonb for a full refund! IT should be delivered here today or Monday!

I didnt have the spare $75 to order from LRB/CD in the first place but then I won this $100 gift card - I got a few of the SK comics (the ahrdbacks) and I decided to order RtB -Really pisses me off that Amazon is doing this!
    Same thing with me! (except for the gift card part). I had ordered Riding the Bullet from Amazon waaaaay back in June 2009, and had since heard that no (official) copies would be supplied to Amazon, but I basically just left the Amazon order open to see what they would do. My copy (sans slipcase) just arrived today.

I have to say I'm pleased with the quality of the copy itself, just bummed that there's no slipcase. I'm hoping I can buy an "aftermarket" one. (I'm currently waiting to hear back from Brian Freeman).
    John
    (To see my Stephen King collection: click here).

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my RtB today from Amazon and was happy to see it delivered in a box. No slipcase but for $47 I guess I can't complain. My Sod II gift edition came from Amazon in a thick paper pouch which is a horrible to send a $75 book through the mail It luckily only had a real minor ding.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know when The Exorcist & Legion will be out? I thought CD was aiming for Halloween.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    I received my RtB today from Amazon and was happy to see it delivered in a box. No slipcase but for $47 I guess I can't complain. My Sod II gift edition came from Amazon in a thick paper pouch which is a horrible to send a $75 book through the mail It luckily only had a real minor ding.
    My RtB came from Amazon in a paper pouch also. It was beat up pretty good, hence the return. As soon as I get my credit (anyone know how long that usually takes?) I'm buying my copy from Camelot.

You got SoDII from amazon as well? I thought that was another title not being sold at discount. Slipcase and everything?

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    My RtB came from Amazon in a paper pouch also. It was beat up pretty good, hence the return. As soon as I get my credit (anyone know how long that usually takes?) I'm buying my copy from Camelot.

You got SoDII from amazon as well? I thought that was another title not being sold at discount. Slipcase and everything?
    No slipcase on either one

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    I'm hoping I can buy an "aftermarket" one. (I'm currently waiting to hear back from Brian Freeman).
    Unfortunately, there aren't any extra cases for either book in the warehouse. The manufacturer came up a little short on both runs so there were no extras to begin with. Sorry, I wish we could help you out!

By the way, I had placed an order with Amazon as well right after the books showed up on their site, just so I would know when they finally canceled them, etc. I never did receive a shipping confirmation for some reason, so imagine my surprise when I received a copy of each book this week, in considerably worse shape than when they had gone to the distributor! They were "bad endpaper" copies, meaning the endpapers were kind of crinkled a little from the binding process... but now they're bad endpapers AND scuffed dust jacket AND dinged corner copies...!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Anyone know when The Exorcist & Legion will be out?
    I just approved the bluelines today, so it should be out by the end of the year if all goes as planned at the printer:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/blatty02

And both editions should be Sold Out on publication or very close -- sometime this month is actually very likely given the sales last month. I haven't checked the sales numbers in a while, but they were both getting very close.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Along the Path of the Beam Spaceman Spiff is on a distinguished road Spaceman Spiff's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My RtB came from Amazon in a paper pouch also. It was beat up pretty good, hence the return.
    My RtB also came in the thick paper pouch, but shockingly it arrived in absolutely perfect pristine condition. I've examined it very closely, especially in light of the other comments here (including Brian's) and have no complaints whatsoever, other than the missing slipcase. So ... I'm as yet undecided as to whether I want to return it or not....
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    I'm hoping I can buy an "aftermarket" one. (I'm currently waiting to hear back from Brian Freeman).
    Unfortunately, there aren't any extra cases for either book in the warehouse. The manufacturer came up a little short on both runs so there were no extras to begin with. Sorry, I wish we could help you out!

Thanks for the reply, Brian.
    John

My RtB also came in the thick paper pouch
    As a general aside, isn't it really weird how that works some times? I've gotten books in envelopes that were in pristine condition, like they had just rolled off the press... and I've gotten extremely well packed books in heavy duty cardboard boxes that are dinged like crazy because of how they were handled in transit.

The worst example of bad handling in transit I've seen was with a copy of The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One) Lettered Edition. Those were packed inside a box which was then packed inside another box (with packing material between the boxes as a buffer, if you understand what I mean), but UPS had crushed both the outer and the inner box... Luckily, the traycase did its "job" and protected the book, so it was just a matter of replacing the traycase...!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No slipcase on either one
    Guess I'm not really surprised with what Brain told us about those copies as being destined for libraries. In fact, it's a shame they never got there in the first place. I'm sorry you missed out on the slipcases though. Amazon really needs to disclose that they are selling an incomplete product. That 's all kinds of nefarious not to, discount or no. It's too bad about the SoD slipcase especially, as that is a particularly handsome one. Hopefully you can find one some day.

Country
    Country Flag

My RtB came from Amazon in a paper pouch also. It was beat up pretty good, hence the return.
    My RtB also came in the thick paper pouch, but shockingly it arrived in absolutely perfect pristine condition. I've examined it very closely, especially in light of the other comments here (including Brian's) and have no complaints whatsoever, other than the missing slipcase. So ... I'm as yet undecided as to whether I want to return it or not....
    I'm glad (and a little surprised) yours made it okay! I really can't comprehend Amazon shipping a $75 book in a pouch though. Makes no sense. I got a paperback from them last week that was shrinkwapped to a large piece of cardboard and super-glued to the bottom of a box. No way to damage that paperback. But then they ship RtB like that?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad (and a little surprised) yours made it okay! I really can't comprehend Amazon shipping a $75 book in a pouch though. Makes no sense. I got a paperback from them last week that was shrinkwapped to a large piece of cardboard and super-glued to the bottom of a box. No way to damage that paperback. But then they ship RtB like that?
    Weird things have been happening with my orders from Amazon lately. RtB was delivered today by UPS but last Monday I received Full Dark, No Stars delivered by a private delivery company using a car (??). (And it arrived one day before the official publication date, so it's not like they were rushing a late delivery or anything. And FDNS was packaged as you describe the paperback, nice & safe, but the cardboard pouch-thing for today's delivery of RtB was just stupid.
    John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just approved the bluelines today, so it should be out by the end of the year if all goes as planned at the printer:

And both editions should be Sold Out on publication or very close -- sometime this month is actually very likely given the sales last month. I haven't checked the sales numbers in a while, but they were both getting very close.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Mine's on order with Amazon too, yet their listing is showing "unavailable". Wonder if I'll still get it.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Mine's on order with Amazon too, yet their listing is showing "unavailable". Wonder if I'll still get it.
    I checked this morning and we have 16 copies of the Limited Edition and 4 copies of the Lettered Edition left to sell, so we'll only be filling direct customer orders and orders from independent retailers like Betts or Camelot who already placed their purchase orders when the book was announced.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian any idea when the next set of Book Club books will be announced?
    Thanks

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hello Brian,

I have a question regarding the newest upcoming books grab bag. Would those ship as a set of 4 or two sets of 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Hey Brian any idea when the next set of Book Club books will be announced?
    Thanks
    The next one to be announced depends on the printer's schedule and what gets here first. The one I think will be here next is an unannounced title that we're saving to be an "surprise" in-stock book, but we WILL email the Book Club members the day of or the day before the announcement so they know they don't have to order it!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Hello Brian,

I have a question regarding the newest upcoming books grab bag. Would those ship as a set of 4 or two sets of 2?
    Great question! I just checked on this, and right now it's looking like it'll be 4 separate shipments. That said, for our friends outside the US, I think two of the books will be just light enough that we'll be able to use our new "International First Class" shipping option for packages less than 4 pounds, which will save our international customers a ton on postage costs/charges. In fact, if both of those two books do slip in under 4 pounds each once they are packed, I think my warehouse manager said it's actually cheaper to send them separately than together for some locations...!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian

Any hints about the Grab Bag? I've never bought one from CD before, and I'm on the fence as to whether I should...

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Brian

Any hints about the Grab Bag? I've never bought one from CD before, and I'm on the fence as to whether I should...
    That's a really interesting question. I think all four are good books. There's some nonfiction, a collection, a novel, etc -- so it's a nice mix if you like different types of writing. (If you only want fiction, or hate collections, etc, it might be a good idea to pass if you don't want to be selling the ones that aren't to your tastes!) The two books that aren't announced are going to be great surprises for collectors and will probably sell out as quickly as The Secret Backs of Things or Bone Soup or Four Rode Out did back in September (once they are announced). The two books that are announced have not sold as well as they should have. The one should have sold out very quickly, and would sell out very quickly if we announced it today, but we just had bad timing, which is a shame because it's such a wonderful book. That said, I'm glad some collectors are going to get it as part of this deal because I think they'll be really pleased with it when they see it in person!

I just realized we forgot to say in the sales copy that these books are going to be published over the next six months. If anyone ordered a Grab Bag because they thought the books would all be in out in the next couple of weeks or even months, please drop me a line so we can get you a refund if the longer time frame doesn't work for you!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Country
    Country Flag

An FYI for all you guys: I just got the new PS Publishing newsletter and it turns out they still have copies of Secretary of Dreams I: Gift edition for sale! Being that we were talking on the eBay forum not to long ago about just how much they were selling for these days, I went and bought another copy, despite the unfavorable exchange rate and shipping fees.

Just wanted to let everyone know that they are still for sale!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shhhh! Don't tell ebay.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Shhhh! Don't tell ebay.
    I can't imagine there are too many left. Shouldn't throw off the market prices.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI. It was mentioned that CD has Gift editions of SOD One available. I spoke (via email) with Brian Freeman and there are NO copies available for purchase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 890 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 596 ... LastLast