Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 890 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 786 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Brian just how would one go about getting one of those fine looking prints?
    I would like to get one and have it framed especially if we could get the artist to sign it or just get one unsigned would be just as great.
    Ditto! I was wondering the same thing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It does seem a shame to let them go to waste/recycling. I am sure if CD has a pallet of them, they will think of an appropriate use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Sweet! Where do I get one of those uncut sheets? Haha, just kidding....not really.
    HA! We're going to figure something out. I should have mentioned that they're not all in that great of shape because they weren't meant to be shipped across the country on a pallet, but there will definitely be some good ones left when all is said and done. Right now is a bad time to ask the warehouse to ship anything that isn't already on their plates, but we'll figure something out. We hated the idea of all of that work/paper/expense going to waste. I suspect some long shipping tubes might showing up in the warehouse in December...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I will have to keep my ear to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I suspect some long shipping tubes might showing up in the warehouse in December...

Brian

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anybody shed some light on this edition of The Talisman and Black House? it's in a CD slip case but published by Scribner. I cant find any reference to it on CD's site however.

It was being sold on ebay and I put in what I thought was a low bid and won. Very much an impulse buy as I already have the Grant slipcased editions. Could someone give me an idea of value?
    Also its not been shipped from the US yet... - if someone wants it i'm open to offers - PM me.

Edit: Found a bit more info... seems that there were only 400 (or (500 depending where you read it) of the slipcases produced.

Also this is a stock image I found - the books i bought are as new.

another pic:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I was second highest bidder. I was distracted, trying to finish my story for IMC:2014, and never put in a final bid once you outbid me. I've spent too much on books this weekend to buy it from you now though. I'm on a budget until the next paycheck.

CD bought 400 copies of each. They sold them together in a custom slipcase with a custom poster for $99.

Brian explains it here: http://www.brianjamesfreeman.com/2013/04/09/scenes-from-the-cemetery-dance-office-the-talismanblack-house-slipcase/

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD made the slipcase when these new editions were released. It came with a poster, also. I think it sold for about $100.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I was second highest bidder. I was distracted, trying to finish my story for IMC:2014, and never put in a final bid once you outbid me. I've spent too much on books this weekend to buy it from you now though. I'm on a budget until the next paycheck.

CD bought 400 copies of each. They sold them together in a custom slipcase with a custom poster for $99.
    Ah ok. I've emailed the seller and enquired about the Poster.
    I've also spent waaaay too much on books this month, so definitely open to offers on this one!

Turn Down the Lights
    edited by Richard Chizmar
    Featuring original stories by Stephen King, Peter Straub, Clive Barker, Jack Ketchum, Norman Partridge, Ed Gorman, and many others!
    Trade Hardcover Edition Shipping Next Month!

Update for Collectors:
    To be published in three states including a trade hardcover for general readers (shipping in December) and two special hardcover editions for serious collectors (shipping in 2014), but there are no other versions planned at this time!

About the Book:
    It was December 1988: George Bush had just defeated Michael Dukakis in the Presidential Election. Pitcher Orel Hershiser and the Los Angeles Dodgers had beaten the Oakland A's in five games to win the World Series. People were waiting in line at movie theaters to watch Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. Tom Clancy's The Cardinal of the Kremlin and Anne Rice's The Queen of the Damned were atop the bestseller lists. The most acclaimed genre books of the year were Thomas Harris's The Silence of the Lambs and Peter Straub's Koko.

And twenty-two year old college student Richard Chizmar had just published the premiere issue of a horror magazine named Cemetery Dance.

Twenty-five years later, there have been seventy issues of Cemetery Dance magazine. There have been more than 275 signed Limited Edition hardcovers in the Cemetery Dance book line. There have been awards including the World Fantasy Award, the International Horror Critics Guild Award, and the HWA Board of Trustees Excellence in Specialty Press Publishing Award, as well as nominations for the British Fantasy Award, the American Horror Award, and the Bram Stoker Award, just to name a few.

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of that premiere issue of Cemetery Dance, we're proud to announce Turn Down the Lights, an anthology of authors who helped make the magazine what it is today. These original horror stories by Stephen King, Norman Partridge, Jack Ketchum, Brian James Freeman, Bentley Little, Ed Gorman, Ronald Kelly, Steve Rasnic Tem, Clive Barker, and Peter Straub capture the genuine love of the genre that pushes Cemetery Dance Publications forward year after year.

Now, turn down the lights, flip the page, take my hand, and start the dance…

Table of Contents:
    "Turn Down the Lights..." an introduction by Richard Chizmar
    "Summer Thunder" by Stephen King
    "Incarnadine" by Norman Partridge
    "The Western Dead" by Jack Ketchum
    "An Instant Eternity" by Brian James Freeman
    "In the Room" by Bentley Little
    "Flying Solo" by Ed Gorman
    "The Outhouse" by Ronald Kelly
    "Lookie Loo" by Steve Rasnic Tem
    "Dollie" by Clive Barker
    "The Collected Short Stories of Freddie Prothero" by Peter Straub
    Afterword by Thomas F. Monteleone

Artists for the Artist Edition and Lettered Edition:
    "Summer Thunder" by Stephen King — Mark Geyer
    "Incarnadine" by Norman Partridge — Steven C. Gilberts
    "The Western Dead" by Jack Ketchum — Will Renfro
    "An Instant Eternity" by Brian James Freeman — GAK
    "In the Room" by Bentley Little — Erin S. Wells
    "Flying Solo" by Ed Gorman — Keith Minnion
    "The Outhouse" by Ronald Kelly — Jill Bauman
    "Lookie Loo" by Steve Rasnic Tem — Glenn Chadbourne
    "Dollie" by Clive Barker — Chad Savage
    "The Collected Short Stories of Freddie Prothero" by Peter Straub — Alan M. Clark

** Read more here or place your order:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar17

Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Magnificent. Order placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Magnificent. Order placed.
    Thank you! King's story is approximately 21 pages if anyone is interested. The manuscript for his story was approximately 5500 words, I believe.

Brian

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At least from the title the story seems to have a Bradbury feel...

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Brian
    Will PS Publishing be getting any copies of this? I am getting killed by postage from the US these days.

Thanks
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Brian
    Will PS Publishing be getting any copies of this? I am getting killed by postage from the US these days.

Thanks
    Jon
    Yes, I'm sure they will!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So the trade edition will be sold from regular places like Amazon and Barnes & Noble?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Brian

Thanks
    Jon
    Yes, I'm sure they will!
    Don't count on that; I've been harassing them since february for the gift edition of Doctor Sleep.
    All they did was keeping me on a leash!

Couldn't pre-order, even though Brian assured me they've been allotted copies.

(I don't blame Brian, just my way to ventilate that I'm fed up PS)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So the trade edition will be sold from regular places like Amazon and Barnes & Noble?
    Trade edition will be for sure!

Brian

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks... I appreciate you making a trade edition available as I want to read the stories but wouldn't be able to get a limited at the moment.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woo Hoo, got my shipping notification from S/L Doctor Sleep.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! I haven't even received shipping notification on my Gift Edition yet!

Did you get remarques in your S/L Editions? I got nuttin' on the way but do have a S/L with 3 artist remarques that may be holding up both the S/L and Gift shipment.

Maybe they are waiting to ship them all together?

I dunno....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No, just a standard s/l, no remarque for me. Mine is international shipping, and I think I recall Brian or Dan mentioning they were mixing up domestic and international orders.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went for remarques (by all three artists) in all three editions of CD's Doctor Sleep - I anticipate seeing them all sometime in 2016
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All three in all three editions? Now that's a line up of books I want to see!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couldn't help myself James - what can I say ???

Must say that I'm really looking forward to getting them into the collection !!!!
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 890 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 786 ... LastLast