Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 866 of 889 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856 864 865 866 867 868 876 ... LastLast
Results 21,626 to 21,650 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Franklin View Post
    Ah! The part regarding the product update page, yeah, there are a whole lot of items ready for the printer that are not at the printer. I misunderstood. Let me know which ones you want me to lobby for and I’ll give it a shot! Obviously when the Doubleday ones are available, they go, but some smaller projects are seemingly inert. I’ll try the squeaky wheel approach.

Interview, Caretakers and some graveyard editions are the next-up books, from what I can tell.

I will ask around for the most recent info on Face in the Crowd. That one had been planned for this year, but I would bet money on it being a 2023 considering the pace of printing these days.

As for Pet Sematery, it is creeping along! The Stand is up next for the Doubledays, believe Night Shift was last year, lettereds still waiting on cases.
    My point was that the Update page in its current state is neither accurate nor helpful. The concept is good, but the current design is aimed more at product that is in constant movement with frequent updates. The current situation results in most of the books mentioned to have no updates when an update is posted. The reader is reliant on using their memory to know if a specific title was updated or if the update was posted at some point in the past.

I would like to see what updates were posted on the most recent update. For titles that have no update but had previously posted milestone, I would like to know if the milestone was met and if not is there a new milestone or is it now int the TBD category. With the current state of delivery at CD I would actually specific milestones are not provided. The 'proofreading to start in January' is a prime example. I have many of those milestone tasks go months to years without ever changing. Dates should not be provided unless they are most likely to be met. Most likely to be met should be rare.

I would also like to see the updates grouped together:
    Design in progress (This would include any title that is not ready to be sent to the printer.)
    Ready for Printer
    At the Printer
    Complete but awaiting case

Within some categories a tiered ranking would also help. (A tiered ranking in the 'Design' probably would be of no value as timelines for titles vary greatly.
    Example: Group A will be among the next to be sent to the printer. Group B are in-line behind Group A etc. If circumstances require a title to drop or move up a tier some mention of that would be helpful.

Thank you for your engagement.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Pet Semetary? Did I miss an announcement?
    It was announced on April 7 2014 (maybe earlier, but that is earliest email I could find about it) that they would do limited editions of all 6 Doubleday books. They have so far delivered 3.67/6
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Pet Semetary? Did I miss an announcement?
    Along with the option to pre-order all of the books at the beginning, they gave some people the opportunity to order Pet Semetary when they had another offering of The Stand. As far as I know there hasn't been an option to order it separately for those who purchased The Stand earlier. I know I haven't gotten a matching pre-order yet.

Thanks. I guess I'll be looking for a pre-order one of these days. Better check how much store credit I have.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If we make a christmas list for the production page, i think that it would be interesting to note the DATE of last update for EACH entries
    Making it easier to know if a title has been updated or not since the last time we checked
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If we make a christmas list for the production page, i think that it would be interesting to note the DATE of last update for EACH entries
    Making it easier to know if a title has been updated or not since the last time we checked

And/Or put recent new updates at top, and let old ones settle to the bottom.

The update(s) for Flight or Fright are so out of date, you don't even know what year it refers to "..which will see print next year". I think the year in question was 2020.

If I was on social media, I would post something to Kings Twitter or Facebook and ask why the hell the signature sheets aren't signed yet.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    If I was on social media, I would post something to Kings Twitter or Facebook and ask why the hell the signature sheets aren't signed yet.
    And while you're at it you could ask why Tabitha King hasn't yet signed the signature sheets for Caretakers. How many years have we been waiting on those?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one time, at band camp, we didn't have to pay for books until they were ready to ship.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    There’s a fire burning on Facebook tonight. Jeff Vandermeer spilled some serious tea. Flammable tea. I think Richard needs to address this one.

Does anybody know if Richard ever addressed this book or was the issue ever resolved?
    (originally posted a year ago next month)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    There’s a fire burning on Facebook tonight. Jeff Vandermeer spilled some serious tea. Flammable tea. I think Richard needs to address this one.

Does anybody know if Richard ever addressed this book or was the issue ever resolved?
    Has the book even been released?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Southern Reach Trilogy has.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

Richard never addressed it. Even after VanderMeer took to FB to rant about not receiving his author copies. VanderMeer saw and commented on my unboxing video and then posted on Facebook about seeing customers receiving their copies while he still waited for his. He then guessed that Richard might get around to sending him his copies once he was no longer busy "cupping" a part of King's anatomy. It was ballsy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, to my christmas shopping list of CD Production Update :

Update the Production Update page once a month. To show that the page is not being forgotten
    Even though there wasnt much updated, the last edit was apparently a bit over a month ago

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My preferred version of a production update is boxes. With books inside. On my doorstep.
    As I've said, I have 22 undelivered orders with CD, the most RECENT of which was placed 2 YEARS ago. I have not received a single book from CD in 2022 and I do not expect them to deliver a single one before 2022 ends. I'd go through the effort of canceling the orders but at this point it's just sunk cost. If the production page was reformed at least I could map out actual promise dates for some of them.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Traveler Dan Franklin has a spectacular aura about Dan Franklin has a spectacular aura about Dan Franklin has a spectacular aura about

I believe Caretakers is further along in production than the update page says! Lots of vacations and people out of office. Should be an update for Caretakers, Stand, and a couple others. I’ll be making phone calls and sending emails regarding the update page later today, a monthly update should definitely be a thing. Actual dates may be unlikely, but theres always progress on *something*

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The problems at CD and delays are so longstanding that there is little hope of improvement. Production "updates" that merely reiterate that projects delayed for years continue to be delayed doesn't move the ball. How about this? Absolutely no new books sold until the backlog has been cleared. How about someone find out what's holding up every single book and resolve that problem? This is not asking the impossible. Medieval monks could produce books under siege faster than CD. It can be done.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    hey guys,just checking my old e-mail and saw i had pre-ordered this book [ed: Cemetery Dance - A 15 Year Celebration] 4 years ago!! should i have invested my $175 wisely and now be buying 1 of those German bootlegs ive always wanted.ha! anybody else pre-order this (in the hope that King signs it-he better after this length of time)? or does anyone have new info.thx,barry.
    I cancelled all my outstanding orders with CD about a year ago, including this book. I had ordered some books (i.e. LEGACIES) nearly 10 years ago. So far I have been able to get the CD books I want at or below issue price after they have been released. These include SECRETARY OF DREAMS and the Lonesome Road production of DARK FORCES. Time will tell if my luck holds out but I am much more comfortable buying the books after they come out than letting those guys keep my money for years and years.
    10 years ago...good grief...a year ago is when I cancelled my orders, too...if one is a lifetime member like Boome, that's one thing, since it doesn't really matter when anything gets published, since you'll get it - but there's not a good reason to order any individual title from them, unless they someday manage to get their act together.
    I posted that Jan 8, 2008 - George W. Bush was still President.

Since then, I've sold all my King books, CarlosDetwiler disappeared from here, I don't know if Sir Boome is alive, the book shnnrc01 is referring too was never published, and CD's business practices did not change one bit.

No offense to anyone, just an observation.

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Cemetery Dance - A 15 Year Celebration now titled the Best of Cemetery Dance II and out?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Cemetery Dance - A 15 Year Celebration now titled the Best of Cemetery Dance II and out?
    yes.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Franklin View Post
    I believe Caretakers is further along in production than the update page says! Lots of vacations and people out of office. Should be an update for Caretakers, Stand, and a couple others. I’ll be making phone calls and sending emails regarding the update page later today, a monthly update should definitely be a thing. Actual dates may be unlikely, but theres always progress on *something*
    And an update on the lettered Night Shift would be greatly appreciated (as well.)

sk

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

François Vaillancourt has revealed he’s the new artist for The Stand and he shared a picture of that rascal Flagg.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wicked. I love it!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Traveler jimmymc7 is on a distinguished road

Hi newcomer here. Has any one who ordered the limited edition of McCammons The King Of Shadows received their copy from Cemetery Dance yet?
    Only ordered from Cemetery Dance as I had store credit but as I see photos of it being received from all the other small press publishers I'm wondering where's my copy?
    I have given Cemetery Dance the benefit of the doubt for the last few years but it just looks like a company that's doomed. Chizmar's complete refusal to do anything about it is a disgrace and am sick of the excuses.
    Sorry, rant over!

Country
    Country Flag

Given that the Production page was updated regarding "The Stand", wouldn't it have been relevant to at least update the paragraph below, regarding the general update?

It still states : "Our main printer is now scheduling into May and June, "
    That's now in the past... so I don't know, change that wording to the next few months?
    And could have at least noted what book have been updated, otherwise it's just frustrating readers who go through all of that without knowing if something has changed or not...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Dan, I ordered a McCammon PB set by Lividian from CD. Do you have an ETA of when those will ship?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    François Vaillancourt has revealed he’s the new artist for The Stand and he shared a picture of that rascal Flagg.

According to CD website he will be one of three artists (along with Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne) for the book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 866 of 889 FirstFirst ... 366 766 816 856 864 865 866 867 868 876 ... LastLast