Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 797 of 889 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,925 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't want to start a bitchfest but was wondering if this is still timely news?

Night Shift will be done at the printer in JUNE

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

June comes every year.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    June comes every year.
    Hahahahaha. This actually made me laugh out loud.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

OK, I'll start Bitchfest. It'll be a touring festival where people scream into the Bottomless Bitch Hole. There will be dunk tanks with people dressed up as asshole politicians. There will be a First World Problem museum. And a Punch It Out padded wall. Tickets are just $200. Signed by Joe Hill.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

You left out a fairly important part of that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Night Shift is on time at the printer, and the books should be done in June. (Slipcases and traycases are another matter, unfortunately, and I don't have an updated delivery date on those yet, but I will share it when I have it... That's why we're sticking with a more general 2020 pub date instead of giving a specific month yet because there are still various factors out of our control...)
    As far as I'm aware the printer is still on schedule for the books. I don't think publication will actually be until the fall though. Briana can probably clarify, but I've been under the impression that COVID has drug the case manufacturer to a crawl.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Night Shift is on time at the printer, and the books should be done in June. (Slipcases and traycases are another matter, unfortunately, and I don't have an updated delivery date on those yet, but I will share it when I have it... That's why we're sticking with a more general 2020 pub date instead of giving a specific month yet because there are still various factors out of our control...)
    As far as I'm aware the printer is still on schedule for the books. I don't think publication will actually be until the fall though. Briana can probably clarify, but I've been under the impression that COVID has drug the case manufacturer to a crawl.

If I were quoting Brian I probably would have seen that. But I was looking at the production updates on your website but thanks!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

If I were quoting Brian I probably would have seen that. But I was looking at the production updates on your website but thanks!
    Ahh. I almost never look at our own production updates page... ha! We're definitely getting close on the books themselves now. I'm pretty we saw the last of the book related proofs last week. I'm not sure where that puts us on the actual "printing schedule" but it usually means we're getting close. I know we were hoping for some news on the case front, but last I talked to Brian about it we hadn't heard anything new.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

OK, I'll start Bitchfest. It'll be a touring festival where people scream into the Bottomless Bitch Hole. There will be dunk tanks with people dressed up as asshole politicians. There will be a First World Problem museum. And a Punch It Out padded wall. Tickets are just $200. Signed by Joe Hill.
    First World Problem museum Classic!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

BOLD PREDICTION

We don’t have Nighshift on our shelves until April 2021. I have higher hopes of a Covid vaccine being discovered then I do seeing this book.

BONUS BOLD PREDICTION... My son will turn 5 before the Stand is published.... side note... I don’t have a son... and I’m infertile.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish people would just leave Dan and Brian alone. Cancel your order if you do not want to wait. Simple as that. Does it suck? Yes... but do you think these guys wanna come here to this forum and hear us whine everyday about it... no. I’m betting they don’t. But they do.. and kudos for that. I’m sure if they had it their way... the books would have been sent out long ago.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I wish people would just leave Dan and Brian alone. Cancel your order if you do not want to wait. Simple as that. Does it suck? Yes... but do you think these guys wanna come here to this forum and hear us whine everyday about it... no. I’m betting they don’t. But they do.. and kudos for that. I’m sure if they had it their way... the books would have been sent out long ago.
    Brian and Dan are customer service heroes.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    Brian and Dan are customer service heroes.
    Totally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would think they would want to get all the feedback they can, both good and bad, to know what the customers are thinking. A forum like this is perfect for that because the opinions and statements will almost always be honest and detailed. The fact that posts are about old stuff mentioned many times before is great because they know what the issue still is but also that the orders have not been cancelled and the buyer still wants the books.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    I would think they would want to get all the feedback they can, both good and bad, to know what the customers are thinking. A forum like this is perfect for that because the opinions and statements will almost always be honest and detailed. The fact that posts are about old stuff mentioned many times before is great because they know what the issue still is but also that the orders have not been cancelled and the buyer still wants the books.
    Agree to a point as I would want to know in my business when a customer isn’t happy..................but after awhile it’s the old Saying... beating a dead horse. That’s kind of where I was going with my thought process there.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Ahh. I almost never look at our own production updates page... ha! We're definitely getting close on the books themselves now. I'm pretty we saw the last of the book related proofs last week. I'm not sure where that puts us on the actual "printing schedule" but it usually means we're getting close. I know we were hoping for some news on the case front, but last I talked to Brian about it we hadn't heard anything new.
    True story- Wife and I are on a “spending freeze” due to layoffs, but I still get a few books in mail. So now my wife is using my line— My wife has started using the excuse, I didn’t just order these shoes, I ordered them two years ago and they just now shipped them.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. My wife hears me say that alot. Honey I ordered that last year....
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the folks at CD and their products but their endless litany of excuses borders on the absurd. Medieval monks could produce these books much faster than CD. If it was a situation in which this just happened occasionally, then no big deal. But it is the norm. It is quite simply the worst run business that I have encountered. Ever. They are long on excuses, but short on making any changes to address the problems. I won't order anything from them if I can obtain it somewhere else. It gives me no joy to say that because I do like their products but enough is enough at some point.

My suggestion is that CD commit to not producing any new products until the absurd backlog has been addressed. I don't think it is unreasonable for customers who pay a great deal for their products to actually get them before dying of old age. That is how most businesses work. If I have a leak and call the plumber, I don't want him to show up five years later after telling me his business burned down, his truck wouldn't start, his wife left him, his dog died etc. Particularly if I had already paid him. I've come to the realization, however, that no such improvements are forthcoming from CD. They are who they are and won't change. So the choices appear to be do business with them and expect endless excuses or move on. That's unfortunate.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I like the folks at CD and their products but their endless litany of excuses borders on the absurd. Medieval monks could produce these books much faster than CD. If it was a situation in which this just happened occasionally, then no big deal. But it is the norm. It is quite simply the worst run business that I have encountered. Ever. They are long on excuses, but short on making any changes to address the problems. I won't order anything from them if I can obtain it somewhere else. It gives me no joy to say that because I do like their products but enough is enough at some point.

My suggestion is that CD commit to not producing any new products until the absurd backlog has been addressed. I don't think it is unreasonable for customers who pay a great deal for their products to actually get them before dying of old age. That is how most businesses work. If I have a leak and call the plumber, I don't want him to show up five years later after telling me his business burned down, his truck wouldn't start, his wife left him, his dog died etc. Particularly if I had already paid him. I've come to the realization, however, that no such improvements are forthcoming from CD. They are who they are and won't change. So the choices appear to be do business with them and expect endless excuses or move on. That's unfortunate.
    So are you saying that the printers did NOT shut down? Or that their case maker is NOT currently being held up by COVID restrictions?

Why not expand on these "excuses" further? Why don't you just blame Cemetery Dance for being behind COVID??

Yes, it's unfortunate that they've had so many setbacks over the past few years, but they ARE working past them. Their new printer has actually been kicking ass. Titles like The Notch, The Bank, and The Chrysalis flew through production. And I have faith that this current printer will continue to pump out production, as long as they're open.

Sure, there are other titles being held up with signature sheets not being fully signed, but surely you can't be blaming that on CD too?!

Setbacks occur with every small business. And having your main printers close is a pretty significant setback. But blaming all of that on folks who continue to get books published DESPITE these setbacks is not just disrespectful, but also ignorant!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with everyone.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

So are you saying that the printers did NOT shut down? Or that their case maker is NOT currently being held up by COVID restrictions?

Why not expand on these "excuses" further? Why don't you just blame Cemetery Dance for being behind COVID??

Yes, it's unfortunate that they've had so many setbacks over the past few years, but they ARE working past them. Their new printer has actually been kicking ass. Titles like The Notch, The Bank, and The Chrysalis flew through production. And I have faith that this current printer will continue to pump out production, as long as they're open.

Sure, there are other titles being held up with signature sheets not being fully signed, but surely you can't be blaming that on CD too?!

Setbacks occur with every small business. And having your main printers close is a pretty significant setback. But blaming all of that on folks who continue to get books published DESPITE these setbacks is not just disrespectful, but also ignorant!
    Ignorant... Really?

"I don't think it means what you think it means" - Inigo Montoya

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to agree with this... I really appreciate the personal presence from the CD employees on these boards. I mean CD has screwed up from time to time, but I still feel like I'm getting a good experience, specifically because of their presence.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I agree with everyone.

hahahah, that is certainly politically correct
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I'd have to agree with this... I really appreciate the personal presence from the CD employees on these boards. I mean CD has screwed up from time to time, but I still feel like I'm getting a good experience, specifically because of their presence.
    I am not waiting on any CD books right now, but if people want to vent here, that’s their prerogative. If it was on CDs forums, then yeah they could run the board how they see fit. But this is a forum for all things King, and if people have good or bad feelings about any publisher, this is the place to voice them.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm pretty new here and I'm not sure I really deserve a say, but I do have eight items currently on order with CD, two of them dating back to 2017, so I hope no one minds if I chime in.

Yes, the waiting sucks, but from what I understand about the situation, I don't know what else anyone there could have done to avoid the problem. I'm not an insider, and I freely admit there might be factors I'm not privy to or simply don't understand, but it's not like they're printing the books themselves or personally signing signature pages. There seem to be a lot of gears in the machine, and when one (or more) of those gears gets stripped, it's going to take time to get things moving again, right? And that's not even factoring in a global pandemic!

In the plumber analogy, you have to remember that someone stole the plumber's wrench, and the company he orders wrenches from went bankrupt, and his backup supplier only offers wrenches too small to do the job, and they're out of stock right now anyway. He could come over, but without his tools, all he can do is hang out and have a beer.

I've always gotten great customer service from Cemetery Dance, and I think the products are worth the wait, no matter how frustrating the lag might be. Plus, I feel like the sales and memberships they frequently offer more than make up for the downsides of ordering from them. I'm going to end up getting many of my books for probably half what they should have cost me. I'm honestly amazed CD is able to do it at all, especially given the general decline of bookstores and publishers. Maybe I should be annoyed, but I just feel lucky (genuinely) to have such cool books to look forward to.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

daniel_pyle, you’ve been a member for four years, so I don’t think you qualify as “new” anymore. Regardless, you most definitely are welcome to express your opinions and experiences. We do not discriminate against newer members nor against newer collectors. Thank you for adding your voice to the discussion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 797 of 889 FirstFirst ... 297 697 747 787 795 796 797 798 799 807 847 ... LastLast