Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 847 of 890 FirstFirst ... 347 747 797 837 845 846 847 848 849 857 ... LastLast
Results 21,151 to 21,175 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The more I think about this thread, the more I realize I should try to be more supportive of people who always give 110% 210%, so that's what I'm doing. Brian, consider yourself one Patreon supporter stronger as of right…NOW!

I should have done that a long time ago, but sometimes I'm an idiot.

INT. MY HOUSE—DAY

A shadow creeps across my shoulder.

WIFE
    Sometimes?

FADE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    The more I think about this thread, the more I realize I should try to be more supportive of people who always give 110% 210%, so that's what I'm doing. Brian, consider yourself one Patreon supporter stronger as of right…NOW!
    Thank you very, very much! (And thank you for your feedback on today's post there! Those old paperbacks were actually the inspiration for that feature, and it's just one of the things I'm really, really happy about with these Lividian limited editions. I hope others will dig it, too.)

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Question for Brian or Dan. I noticed in the lettered update section that it says the traycase for Usher's Passing is still being worked on. Is the book completely done? It's just the traycase that needs to be finished before it ships? Thanks.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Question for Brian or Dan. I noticed in the lettered update section that it says the traycase for Usher's Passing is still being worked on. Is the book completely done? It's just the traycase that needs to be finished before it ships? Thanks.
    Correct! The books are finished. I know Mindy was getting a status report from the case maker, but I’m not sure what she heard back. I will check!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Correct! The books are finished. I know Mindy was getting a status report from the case maker, but I’m not sure what she heard back. I will check!

Brian
    These should be the cases he's working on now.

Brian

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did any of these ever get sent?

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 11:26 AM: You're receiving this email because were a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 7 and we have a production update today for you on your exclusive Not-For-Sale Signed Limited Edition that you are still owed with your membership.

GRAVESIDE MANNER 1 is proofread and printer ready, and only three more authors need to sign the signature sheets. We fully expect this one to be published in 2019. As a reminder, this book will NEVER be reprinted or republished: no trade paperbacks, no eBooks, etc. The Limited Edition you receive will be the only edition ever published!

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 11:33 AM: You're receiving this email because were a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 8 and we have a production update today for you on your exclusive Not-For-Sale Signed Limited Edition that you are still owed with your membership.
    GRAVESIDE MANNER 2 has been proofread and is printer ready, and the signature sheets are now circulating among the authors. There are more authors in this volume than were in Volume One (which is being published for the CDCC 7 members), so it may take a little longer for them all to sign, but we’re staying on them as much as possible.

That said, we fully expect GRAVESIDE MANNER 2 to be published in 2019. As a reminder, this book will NEVER be reprinted or republished: no trade paperbacks, no eBooks, etc. The Limited Edition you receive will be the only edition ever published!
    Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 11:37 AM: You're receiving this email because are a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 9, which officially starts today, and we have a production update today for you on your exclusive Not-For-Sale Signed Limited Edition that you will receive as part of your membership!

GRAVESIDE MANNER 3 has started into production and we’re just waiting on one more story to arrive before design begins. We’ve asked our designer to start with the signature sheets, so those can be circulating among the signing authors before the end of the year. We’d like to publish this volume in 2019, so the complete set will be in our collectors’ hands next year, but we will keep you updated as things progress.

As a reminder, GRAVESIDE MANNER 3 will NEVER be reprinted or republished: no trade paperbacks, no eBooks, etc. The Limited Edition you receive will be the only edition ever published!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Did any of these ever get sent?

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 11:26 AM: You're receiving this email because were a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 7 and we have a production update today for you on your exclusive Not-For-Sale Signed Limited Edition that you are still owed with your membership.

GRAVESIDE MANNER 1 is proofread and printer ready, and only three more authors need to sign the signature sheets. We fully expect this one to be published in 2019. As a reminder, this book will NEVER be reprinted or republished: no trade paperbacks, no eBooks, etc. The Limited Edition you receive will be the only edition ever published!

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 11:33 AM: You're receiving this email because were a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 8 and we have a production update today for you on your exclusive Not-For-Sale Signed Limited Edition that you are still owed with your membership.
    GRAVESIDE MANNER 2 has been proofread and is printer ready, and the signature sheets are now circulating among the authors. There are more authors in this volume than were in Volume One (which is being published for the CDCC 7 members), so it may take a little longer for them all to sign, but we’re staying on them as much as possible.

That said, we fully expect GRAVESIDE MANNER 2 to be published in 2019. As a reminder, this book will NEVER be reprinted or republished: no trade paperbacks, no eBooks, etc. The Limited Edition you receive will be the only edition ever published!
    Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 11:37 AM: You're receiving this email because are a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 9, which officially starts today, and we have a production update today for you on your exclusive Not-For-Sale Signed Limited Edition that you will receive as part of your membership!

GRAVESIDE MANNER 3 has started into production and we’re just waiting on one more story to arrive before design begins. We’ve asked our designer to start with the signature sheets, so those can be circulating among the signing authors before the end of the year. We’d like to publish this volume in 2019, so the complete set will be in our collectors’ hands next year, but we will keep you updated as things progress.

As a reminder, GRAVESIDE MANNER 3 will NEVER be reprinted or republished: no trade paperbacks, no eBooks, etc. The Limited Edition you receive will be the only edition ever published!
    No
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The ultimate limited edition: never actually produced.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe all three of the Graveside Manner books are now completely done, signature sheets and all, and ready for the printer. They're signed by a bunch (if not all -- I cannot recall off the top of my head but I will check!) of the contributors and I think they're going to make a really nice set for the collectors who get all three... My understanding is that the plan is to send them to the printer at the same time, so they can ship at the same time:

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Thanks, Brian.

Is there a working link to the third book on your site?

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Nice! Thanks, Brian.

Is there a working link to the third book on your site?
    Apparently not! It looks like we never actually made that third page live. I will confirm all of the details in the page file are correct, and get it done tomorrow. Your link above should work then!

Brian

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

There’s a fire burning on Facebook tonight. Jeff Vandermeer spilled some serious tea. Flammable tea. I think Richard needs to address this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

well it was bound to happen at some point. Especially after the email today.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    The Collectors Club email?

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The Collectors Club email?

Yup. Pushing more books when others languish.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I am a CDCC member and did not receive any emails from today.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    It was a “sign up for the club” email

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    It was a “sign up for the club” email
    That makes sense, I would get that one. Thanks.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

He seems to be venting on Twitter but not as intense....

https://twitter.com/jeffvandermeer/s...01812274819076

How long did he have the sheets to sign if I can ask?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love CD but am starting to consider pulling my money… I have A LOT with them. And the stuff I’m reading and seeing is very concerning to me. I do not understand why they just don’t fill the backlogs. When your authors are getting mad at you like that? It’s a real problem.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hey guys,

In my opinion, I think some mistakes were made and things could have been handled a little differently on both sides that would have resulted in a more productive conversation. But I wasn’t privy to any of that until after the fact, and what has been said has been said.

The printer’s finish date is currently the second week of October. Slipcases should be started right away. Unfortunately, this new printer isn’t comfortable making dummy books, so we need a real, finished book for proper sizing. But for those who were concerned about whether the book would be printed, it’s being printed right now and there will be photos to post in October. I think this DJ is going to look pretty incredible.

Brian

[any typos are because my phone hates me]

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello Brian,

Out of curiosity, what book is it about?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Hello Brian,

The Southern Reach Trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Hello Brian,

The Southern Reach Trilogy.

I am not knowledgeable on Vandermeer's work. Are 'Area X' and 'The Southern Reach Trilogy' one and the same?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 847 of 890 FirstFirst ... 347 747 797 837 845 846 847 848 849 857 ... LastLast