Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 890 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else had the e-mail from Mindy saying what the big suprise is for monday???

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NO, Did you?
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah its a S/L of a author called Justin Cronin, the books called The Passage!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And here I was hoping for SOD2 or at least something 'Kingy'!
    Wiki says its a Vampire Trilogy.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Yeah its a S/L of a author called Justin Cronin, the books called The Passage!

Shhhh! It's a secret, you're not supposed to tell anyone!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also got the "secret" email. I'm passing on this one.

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I must pass too, as I am missing one tiny little thing right now - MONEY!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Has anyone heard of him before? What's this crap about $500 for a "hand lettered copy."

How the hell else would it be lettered??

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind one that was lettered by foot.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Funny...I just read today that he's doing a signing in Portsmouth on June 21....I immediately recognized the book's similairty to the Stand, but that's just from the blurb.

Anyway, no, I won't be spending $500 on an s/l.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sounds interesting

It is the 1st of an apocalyptic vampire trilogy. The book isn't even out and the movie "rights" have already been purchased for almost $2 million!!! Ridley Scott I believe has already signed on to do it.

Could be very good. I bit on the $75 one. Seems cool and even Stephen King talked him up. Shrug.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well... it's probably a fine book but seriously... why is this a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT? And why a $500 lettered state? All because King speaks highly of it? Do CD (or any other publisher for that matter) seriously think that King's praise is enough for us to compulsively pull out our wallets and smack some cash into their bank accounts? Because, face it... we all got this email because we bought KING's books, not because we are regular Joes who buy a nice trade edition of a lesser know author every now and then.

... or am I being cynical here?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Has anyone heard of him before? What's this crap about $500 for a "hand lettered copy."

How the hell else would it be lettered??
    Oh, they could start lettering them by prinitng the letters...just so they could announce a new special edition which would be hand lettered....charge more....and delay longer. I know ...I know you're thinking of books having been ten plus years and customers still haven't gotten them, but this is a whole new level of exclusivity...basically you have to reincarnate before you get your book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because King recommends a book doesn't mean that I'm going to like it. He's highly praised books that I didn't like. Not that they were bad, it's just that we have different likes and dislikes. I can't see spending that much money for something that I may not like.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I can't believe people are still debating whether or not to prepay for ANYTHING to be published by CD. Folks this thread is 62 pages long! And there is nothing posted here to warrant continuing to prepay. Wait for the book to be published and then buy it if you still want it. It will probably be cheaper then anyway.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

But if you stop prepaying they might stop sending you all those special offer emails, Bob.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

wise words bob.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Passage....

Not saying that it will be a great book b/c King recommends it. Just saying that apocalyptic is always hot. Vampires are burning hot. Apocalyptic Vampire Trilogy = hot to me.

I always seem to like the types of books like this. The Stand, Swan Song and others come to mind.

Ridley Scott does GREAT work in my opinion and this is right up his alley.

The author got about $3 million for the 3 book deal and $1.75 million for the movie rights. Someone must like him and his work. hehehe!

$75 for a signed numbered book before he is really even known by anyone seems like a cool roll of the dice. If I like the book, then all the better.

I know I will. Most every King recommendation I have read in regards to things he says are worth me reading are right on point with what I like to read, so I'm actually excited to read this book!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

the cd books continue to dribble in.... Occasional demons just arrived lettered edition still on B/O of course

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I do agree with you Curt in that it really sounds like it's going to be a nice book, but to me it feels like CD is pushing the King blurb in our faces hoping that we will pay $500 for a lettered edition of a book simply because SK recommends it. I just wish they would stop doing that. Sure, it may be a big announcement... for all I know this guy is going to be the next big thing... but CD's marketing strategy just rubs me the wrong way.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't see a reason to purchase this limited book from them when I haven't even read the damn thing.
    Maybe they should have waited to announce this until the book is released next month so we have a chance to read it.
    I've tried reading a few books SK has recommended and I just couldn't stand it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post

Could be very good. I bit on the $75 one.
    So did I.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ahhh...WHY????

The book won't sell out!

What is the rush? Why do you validate their poor business practices? Wait for it to actually exist, then buy a copy!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be waiting for a better track record than one King book out on time to start ordering from them again. This could be another 2+ year book. At that point, any hype generated by this book will have subsided.

Country
    Country Flag

Default hmmm

Okay, I bought 749 of them (minus the one purchased above which was already purchased). Now there are none left. neener neener

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 890 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast