Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 508 of 889 FirstFirst ... 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,700 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    A newsletter was sent by CD about THE SHINING?
    Those who have ordered a copy should have gotten one. I don't know that it's been up for sale by itself but there was an opportunity to buy the remaining books in the set in advance some time last year.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Interesting news on the Shining.... might be a big surprise included... Any guess's out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Those who have ordered a copy should have gotten one. I don't know that it's been up for sale by itself but there was an opportunity to buy the remaining books in the set in advance some time last year.
    ... The first rule of Fight Club...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Interesting news on the Shining.... might be a big surprise included... Any guess's out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    ... The first rule of Fight Club...
    There always seems to be one person Haha

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet.
    Is here not ok to talk about it? Brian, can you chime in my man and confirm this... if not... I apologize... thought here was ok.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Is here not ok to talk about it? Brian, can you chime in my man and confirm this... if not... I apologize... thought here was ok.
    It would be ideal not to discuss it here until after the official announcement, but there's no harm in anything that's been posted here.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

And that said, everyone here has seen photos of this piece of artwork, so here's the link to the image I included in today's update:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/images/...ackAttacks.jpg

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Please do not share this anywhere** yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet.
    i just read the fine print.

**anywhere does not include thedarktower.org.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It always surprises me how some people have a hard time following a very simple request. The email says, "Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet."

Pretty clear to me. I guess some folks just have a hard time respecting the rules.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It always surprises me how some people have a hard time following a very simple request. The email says, "Please do not share this anywhere yet since the book isn’t officially announced yet."

Pretty clear to me. I guess some folks just have a hard time respecting the rules.
    Rules are there to be broken.

Therefore, I can now reveal with absolute certainty what the SPECTACULAR Bonus Material is!

But don't worry, I will place the answer inside a spoiler tag....

Spoiler:

ROFL!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    And that said, everyone here has seen photos of this piece of artwork, so here's the link to the image I included in today's update:

Brian
    Impressive! I just set it up as my desktop.

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Brian

John
    That's funny. I did the same earlier. I actually removed a cute picture of my daughter for this one.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had the cover from the US Wind Through the Keyhole before this one.

John

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    That double signature is be-yoo-ti-ful!

Question for folks:
    Has anyone pre ordered the Hodges Trilogy set?
    I'm trying to decide on it, curious on peoples thoughts. Also can't decide whether to get it from CD for the art print(which will most likely be awesome) or Amazon and save $40. I've been too much of an impulse buyer with zero discipline lately. That was a direct quote from bunyip in a separate thread. lol. I agree with him!
    I did, Beverly pretty much the second I got the offer via CD's CDCC email. That being said, I'm preparing to be disappointed as CD has beautifully matched every title with a slipcase that I feel will have tons more 'curb appeal' on your shelves than this set coming out. Matter of fact, if you don't have any of their slipcases, I'd head over there now and get all the ones ya need and beg, steal, and borrow for the out of stock ones! LOL. But I'm a huge slipcase fanboy so you'll have the excuse the enthusiasm . The production of the trilogy together I feel would have been better handled by a small press. I have a feeling the slipcase that Scribner is doing will have a cheap look/feel to it. But I just about insist on having all these variants so that will be on me since I purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The extra $40 paid to Cemetery Dance not only gets you the print, but it helps keep a wonderful small publishing company in business. If you are not on Cemetery Dance's email list, I suggest you sign up. Every so often CD offers gift certificates or special short term discounts to members, and the value is far more than $40. Plus, Amazon is a corporate behemoth that seeks to dominate the world (along with Starbucks, Apple, ebay and Google).
    I couldn't agree more with Jerome on this point. If you make a lot of purchases from CD, I'd strongly suggest ya join the CDCC next time it comes around for sign up. Plus you'll get tons of offers regular subscribers never see. Of course you'll be broke all the time like me, but hey, we all have to have our things
    thanks for the input. I also love a lovely slipcase and have ordered several from CD which I agree, are very nice. I am getting the Doubleday set of books(as they come out. Missed the bundle pre order). Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I'm agonising over this one....I hadn't thought of the slipcase quality being poor. I guess I'm used to the CD ones which are generally stellar....
    Remember that impulsive buyer/zero discipline thing? Yeah, I pre ordered it

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, I totally forgot reading about a member here that got the original artwork. But yes, I was convinced that I didn't hear about the CD edition before !

I'd love to get it, but I have the Subterranean Press edition and I am skinned, so, unfortunately I'll pass.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Brian, I'm curious to know if that artwork is an homage to the Subterranean Press additional cover? The similarities are quite striking, even down to Jack's pose, the clothes he is wearing and the design on the carpet...

Spoiler:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of
    The Shining? Is that a book? Who wrote that one?

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie is excellent and can't wait for Salems Lot! And The Shining which we're apparently not supposed to know about yet. Lol. Unless you're a member of this club that you speak of
    The Shining? Is that a book? Who wrote that one?

Brian
    Stanley Kubrick?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Brian

John
    That's funny. I did the same earlier. I actually removed a cute picture of my daughter for this one.
    Great, now Don Maitz is ripping families asunder with his artwork!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Brian
    Brian, I'm curious to know if that artwork is an homage to the Subterranean Press additional cover? The similarities are quite striking, even down to Jack's pose, the clothes he is wearing and the design on the carpet...

Spoiler:

Not that I'm aware of, I suspect it was just a powerful image from the story!

Brian

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hi Brian, do you have any news on when the remarqued Carrie Artwork Portfolios are due to ship?
    I think we're looking at next month. Glenn did something kind of cool with these, he used a special "wash" as part of his process, but it means there's a slight wave to the sheets, so we're trying to flatten them back out as much as possible. We figure we'll give them another week under a lot of solid weight to see what happens. They're not BAD at all, but we figure the flatter they can be, the better, since they'll be in a folder. We'll include a note in the folder explaining the "wash" process and how it works.

Here are some of the samples if I didn't post them already:

Brian
    Hey, I got that last one from this post

edit:, oops...no I didn't. Wow, almost identical though...surprised there are two out of fifty so similar:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I love this. Maitz hits it out of the park yet again.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post

edit:, oops...no I didn't. Wow, almost identical though...surprised there are two out of fifty so similar:

Wow, they ARE almost identical. I had to look multiple times back and forth. So I wonder how many we'll see of each scene?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 508 of 889 FirstFirst ... 8 408 458 498 506 507 508 509 510 518 558 608 ... LastLast