Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 890 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 ... LastLast
Results 21,276 to 21,300 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Hey Dan, what about The Best of Shivers. It says one more author needs
    to sign, it's been like that for awhile now.
    I'm working on the next big production update, hopefully to post before Halloween, and I'll confirm that status of that one!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hey guys, the orders ship by shipping method, in the order of order number, so earliest order number to latest. If you have had this on order for awhile and haven't gotten a notice yet it means you have a shipping method that hasn't been started yet.
    Just for clarification, what is the order of shipping methods?
    There's no set order. I believe all the FedEx and UPS orders have shipped already, and they're most of the way through the Media Mail orders. Which leaves people who ordered more than one and the international orders.
    Dan, I’m fairly sure my order would have been FedEx or UPS but I have yet to see a shipping notice……
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hey guys, the orders ship by shipping method, in the order of order number, so earliest order number to latest. If you have had this on order for awhile and haven't gotten a notice yet it means you have a shipping method that hasn't been started yet.
    Just for clarification, what is the order of shipping methods?
    There's no set order. I believe all the FedEx and UPS orders have shipped already, and they're most of the way through the Media Mail orders. Which leaves people who ordered more than one and the international orders.
    Dan, I’m fairly sure my order would have been FedEx or UPS but I have yet to see a shipping notice……
    Shoot me a email, I can look into it

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, thanks…..just sent to you.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm media mail and just got my notice today.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Just received my notification as well…….
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

me too.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

And me!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Me five!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Jeff - you look much older on youtube!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    Jeff - you look much older on youtube!
    I am so old.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry, I just had to point this out and nominate it for the TONE DEAF AWARD in the category of Most Tone Deaf Thing Posted by Small Press Publishers in the Last Decade. Cemetery Dance just posted this:
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras...ortant-update/

Which includes this line:
    Why pay more to read the book months after everyone else already has?

As someone who's still waiting for his limited edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather, and gave up waiting for his limited edition of Flight or Fright, I have to ask myself the same exact question. I'm watching the endless advocating for Chasing the Boogeyman continue (he's asking to win a Goodreads award now) even as it morphs to a push for Gwendy's Final Task AND a new printing of Gwendy's Button Box while waiting books CD has forgotten.

Traveler JohnSmith will become famous soon enough JohnSmith's Avatar

I totally agree with you. Cemetery Dance is going back to reprint Gwendy's Button Box. How about printing the books I have paid for and am waiting on? Before CD puts out this 4th printing of Gwendy's they should send out all the outstanding orders they have already taken.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'm sorry, I just had to point this out and nominate it for the TONE DEAF AWARD in the category of Most Tone Deaf Thing Posted by Small Press Publishers in the Last Decade. Cemetery Dance just posted this:

As someone who's still waiting for his limited edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather, and gave up waiting for his limited edition of Flight or Fright, I have to ask myself the same exact question. I'm watching the endless advocating for Chasing the Boogeyman continue (he's asking to win a Goodreads award now) even as it morphs to a push for Gwendy's Final Task AND a new printing of Gwendy's Button Box while waiting books CD has forgotten.
    Question. I understand the frustration with CD. With that said, I would like to know how they should have handled this situation. Should CD not have told people that there are two ebooks listed on Amazon. The stand alone story is $9.99 and releases February 15th. The trilogy is $11.99 and releases May 31st. I am sure people will order the trilogy and get upset when the book comes out and they do not yet have their copy. I also would not be surprised if many of them blame CD for this. CD has given people many things to legitimately complain about. What should they have done here? Keep their mouth shut and just point at Simon and Schuster or give a heads up?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

Question. I understand the frustration with CD. With that said, I would like to know how they should have handled this situation. Should CD not have told people that there are two ebooks listed on Amazon. The stand alone story is $9.99 and releases February 15th. The trilogy is $11.99 and releases May 31st. I am sure people will order the trilogy and get upset when the book comes out and they do not yet have their copy. I also would not be surprised if many of them blame CD for this. CD has given people many things to legitimately complain about. What should they have done here? Keep their mouth shut and just point at Simon and Schuster or give a heads up?
    If we just look at this situation in isolation, then they did everything right. It’s a good thing to let your customers understand their options and look out for them.

But the wider situation screams for some sort of priority shift on their part. It’s infuriating to read that line in particular when we’ve all been waiting so long. I used to be team Shut Up and Wait but with the way CTB was the center of the CD UNIVERSE (and that’s not even a CD book) and now that spot’s going to Gwendy AGAIN—it just shreds my patience and any sort of good will. It sucks to feel ignored.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

If we just look at this situation in isolation, then they did everything right. It’s a good thing to let your customers understand their options and look out for them.

But the wider situation screams for some sort of priority shift on their part. It’s infuriating to read that line in particular when we’ve all been waiting so long. I used to be team Shut Up and Wait but with the way CTB was the center of the CD UNIVERSE (and that’s not even a CD book) and now that spot’s going to Gwendy AGAIN—it just shreds my patience and any sort of good will. It sucks to feel ignored.

Completely understand your frustration with 'The wider situation' especially given Mr. Chizmar's choices to promote the hell out of his project while remaining silent on the issues at CD. I just do not equate todays message with the bigger issue. Thanks.

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

I'm to the point where I'm ready to ask CD to refund all of my pre-orders. I can probably get them on the secondary market when and if they're ever released (The Best of CD 2 has popped up on eBay for less than the $175 I paid CD several years back, so it would have made more financial sense to wait), and if I can't get a particular book, then to hell with it. The excuses have become absurd jokes--one more round of proofreading, rolling at the printer (my personal favorite, the text blocks must be ten feet thick), one more signature, waiting for the author of the introduction, the author had to be carted off to a psychiatric hospital, that endless queue, etc. etc. etc. Are we supposed to believe that CD is having that many more problems than all of the other small genre presses (with the exception of the great offender, Dark Regions)? This is just bad faith and a complete lack of transparency. Someone months ago on this thread suggested a Ponzi scheme, and while I'm sure he or she was joking, at this point nothing would surprise me.

Country
    Country Flag

Even Dark Regions announced recently that they are not announcing any new books until they get caught up on their backlog………
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A few weeks ago I canceled everything I had on order with CD.
    Mindy was quick to refund and as helpful and polite as always.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    A few weeks ago I canceled everything I had on order with CD.
    Mindy was quick to refund and as helpful and polite as always.
    I’m concerned if I don’t do the same thing they are going to vanish with my money.
    I’d like to believe that Boogeyman and Gwendy money is keeping them solvent.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sounds like everyone eagerly awaits Gwendy's Disappearance (ho ho).

To counteract the ongoing Gwendy/Boogeyman fatigue, CD might consider releasing monthly 60-second videos showing random things (a printing machine running, a warehouse accepting paper stock - anything) even peripherally related to the ongoing progress (however slow it may be) of The Stand (something we all give a sh!t about) to at least give us that "Christmas is right around the corner!" feeling.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

CD customers might be the most patient and laidback customers any business has ever known, that much is for sure. I'm not this patient, I also know that! So, I totally understand the frustration you're sharing. The delays suck.

For those wondering about our announcement schedule, with a few exceptions for contractual reasons, we've mostly only been announcing books after they're at the printer these days OR sometimes not until they're actually in our warehouse:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/just-announced.html

I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on older titles, but we have been trying to do better with the announcement schedule while we're working on the older announcements.

We'll continue to share production updates and news as we have it, although I know to some that sounds like "excuse" making. But if the signature sheets are delayed, or someone hasn't turned something in on time, we can either tell you... or not tell you. And it seems like telling you is what everyone would prefer.

Our transition to only announcing books once they're ready for the printer OR at the printer OR done at the printer eliminates all of those problems. Again, I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on a project that has been stuck, but it should improve things for future announcements.

There are some much awaited books getting much closer to being completed:

There are a bunch of books that are much closer to being sent to the printer than they were six months ago. It isn't always a fast process, but it is happening.

And I know this really triggers some people, but I do want to say again that anyone who is tired of waiting can definitely cancel their order for a full refund. Mindy can be reached at: order@cemeterydance.com

Again, I totally hear and understand your frustration. If I could snap my fingers and deliver your books tomorrow, I would.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I find it humorous that the very first post in this thread is this:

Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes

that was from 2007 and every time that I start this thread I/we get to see that post....and I guess I am very patient - since I have about 13 books in the queue from CD
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    CD customers might be the most patient and laidback customers any business has ever known, that much is for sure. I'm not this patient, I also know that! So, I totally understand the frustration you're sharing. The delays suck.

For those wondering about our announcement schedule, with a few exceptions for contractual reasons, we've mostly only been announcing books after they're at the printer these days OR sometimes not until they're actually in our warehouse:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/just-announced.html

I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on older titles, but we have been trying to do better with the announcement schedule while we're working on the older announcements.

We'll continue to share production updates and news as we have it, although I know to some that sounds like "excuse" making. But if the signature sheets are delayed, or someone hasn't turned something in on time, we can either tell you... or not tell you. And it seems like telling you is what everyone would prefer.

Our transition to only announcing books once they're ready for the printer OR at the printer OR done at the printer eliminates all of those problems. Again, I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on a project that has been stuck, but it should improve things for future announcements.

There are some much awaited books getting much closer to being completed:

There are a bunch of books that are much closer to being sent to the printer than they were six months ago. It isn't always a fast process, but it is happening.

And I know this really triggers some people, but I do want to say again that anyone who is tired of waiting can definitely cancel their order for a full refund. Mindy can be reached at: order@cemeterydance.com

Again, I totally hear and understand your frustration. If I could snap my fingers and deliver your books tomorrow, I would.

Best,
    Brian
    Brian, you are always a total class act. A genuinely fantastic human being. And I do believe you’re doing all you can. It just sets me off to see the energy directed to just a sliver of the projects. The newest ones. While all others languish. I cancelled Shivers 6 (?) because it’s waiting on Rich’s signature while he’s been blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade.

I guess there’s little you can do. These projects need to be promoted and being current they get the spotlight now. But there HAS TO BE more that can be done. Even just an update or apology or some address from Rich himself. After VanderMeer bashed Rich on social media (not saying he was completely in the right) he should have responded at least to defend himself and reassure customers. But it’s all silence unless it’s to show the neighborhood that inspired Chasing The Boogeyman.

Brian, you are always a total class act. A genuinely fantastic human being. And I do believe you’re doing all you can. It just sets me off to see the energy directed to just a sliver of the projects. The newest ones. While all others languish. I cancelled Shivers 6 (?) because it’s waiting on Rich’s signature while he’s been blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade.

I guess there’s little you can do. These projects need to be promoted and being current they get the spotlight now. But there HAS TO BE more that can be done. Even just an update or apology or some address from Rich himself. After VanderMeer bashed Rich on social media (not saying he was completely in the right) he should have responded at least to defend himself and reassure customers. But it’s all silence unless it’s to show the neighborhood that inspired Chasing The Boogeyman.
    I definitely agree that we need Richard to step up his public communication when it comes to the business. There's lots he could be talking about and sharing that would help alleviate some concerns and also help everyone feel more in the loop. I'd love to get him on YouTube once a month, just personally sharing all of the new production news and maybe physically showing off the new bluelines, DJ proofs, etc, that have arrived. I think people would dig that, and it would help show that there is still stuff happening behind the scenes.

Dan has some good ideas in this area, and I'd really like to see this focused on going into 2022.

Thanks again, and please never shy away about sharing your thoughts. We totally get it.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 852 of 890 FirstFirst ... 352 752 802 842 850 851 852 853 854 862 ... LastLast