Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 788 of 889 FirstFirst ... 288 688 738 778 786 787 788 789 790 798 838 888 ... LastLast
Results 19,676 to 19,700 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Conversations like this one have prompted me to make sure I request numbers every single time. And not feel like a nag for re-requesting. I just checked with Mindy about my number for Night Shift and she confirmed I'll be getting number 34 (with a remarque). Doesn't hurt. Sorry about your numbers being off. It'd weigh on me, too.
    THIS, 100%. Please never feel like you're "nagging" by sending a follow-up email to check that your number has been recorded, etc.

We WANT people to get the right numbers, obviously! It's bad for us when the customer is so happy to receive the book but then feels deflated by seeing the wrong number, etc. And then feels like he or she has to jump through hoops to get it fixed.

Mindy, Dan, and I are brainstorming ideas to prevent this in the future. It's usually been a rare issue, so we're still not sure what has happened lately.

Whether that preventative measure is sending some specific "YO, WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?" emails prior to shipping, something else, or a combination, I'm not sure yet... But we definitely want to cut this off at the pass as much as possible!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Conversations like this one have prompted me to make sure I request numbers every single time. And not feel like a nag for re-requesting. I just checked with Mindy about my number for Night Shift and she confirmed I'll be getting number 34 (with a remarque). Doesn't hurt. Sorry about your numbers being off. It'd weigh on me, too.
    THIS, 100%. Please never feel like you're "nagging" by sending a follow-up email to check that your number has been recorded, etc.

We WANT people to get the right numbers, obviously! It's bad for us when the customer is so happy to receive the book but then feels deflated by seeing the wrong number, etc. And then feels like he or she has to jump through hoops to get it fixed.

Mindy, Dan, and I are brainstorming ideas to prevent this in the future. It's usually been a rare issue, so we're still not sure what has happened lately.

Whether that preventative measure is sending some specific "YO, WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER?" emails prior to shipping, something else, or a combination, I'm not sure yet... But we definitely want to cut this off at the pass as much as possible!

Brian
    Would it be possible to add a space for number requests on the initial order form, so that it is part of the order itself and not something we need to remember to send a follow-up email on or that you guys need to reach out to everyone on individually?

Quote Originally Posted by brionen View Post
    Would it be possible to add a space for number requests on the initial order form, so that it is part of the order itself and not something we need to remember to send a follow-up email on or that you guys need to reach out to everyone on individually?
    Years ago, we did have an additional comments field! The problem was, it doesn’t have anywhere to go in the order management program. Because our shopping cart and our order management program are from two different companies, they don’t always play nice together. And because we have so much data in the current systems, we’ve never found a good way to migrate somewhere else. But that is definitely something we talk about, and I do want it to happen.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

How does one go about requesting a number from CD? I’ve never done so before, but when you announce the next Matthew Corbett book from Robert McCammon, I’ll want to match it to the other six same-numbered books I have.

Does it matter that I got the last book (Cardinal Black) on the secondary market? The seller promised to relinquish their right and not request “my” number, but that deal is not recorded anywhere except in some messages we exchanged via eBay.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by brionen View Post
    Years ago, we did have an additional comments field! The problem was, it doesn’t have anywhere to go in the order management program. Because our shopping cart and our order management program are from two different companies, they don’t always play nice together. And because we have so much data in the current systems, we’ve never found a good way to migrate somewhere else. But that is definitely something we talk about, and I do want it to happen.

Brian
    This number thing drives me CRAZY!! It sounds so simple, but it has to be a book seller nightmare!

My series 3 of Little books is ruined by 1 book, because I got 1 out of series from CD. RUINED

PS ruined my series of King reprints, by sending out 1 book in the series by mistake.

I started the same series with Overlook and I now pay 20% surcharge just to keep the series intack.

I begged Mindy to let me buy the little book series in full and you just keep sending me my books, but she said the system does not work like that. So now I have to watch every month to purchase the book, request my number and hope for the best.

Who invented this number thing??? There must be a special place in HE double toothpicks for them.

PS. I used the word RUINED for dramatic effect.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

A wise collector pointed out to me that the numbering system ensures the print run is accurate and that a potentially unscrupulous publishing company (not that CD would ever do this) could announce a print run of say 1000 but print 1100 or something like that and no one would ever know if they were not numbered.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    A wise collector pointed out to me that the numbering system ensures the print run is accurate and that a potentially unscrupulous publishing company (not that CD would ever do this) could announce a print run of say 1000 but print 1100 or something like that and no one would ever know if they were not numbered.
    That can happen anyway. In order to receive 1000 pristine copies a publisher has to order ~10% more to ensure they have 1000 pristine copies for their customers.

So if all of the copies ordered are pristine, the publisher receives 1100 copies. Hence 100 PC copies.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I received my copy of CITY OF MIRRORS. It fits in well with the previous two books and I’m happy with the quality and design, illustrations, etc. I didn’t notice the ribbon anomaly and likely never would have, so it doesn’t bother me. I think CD did a fine job and I’m pleased to complete the trilogy.

I do have one issue though. My number doesn’t match the prior two books. So.. does anyone out there have COM #360? I have #392 to trade.
    In regards to the matching number request discussion, I had requested my number but that was a few years ago when I originally ordered the book. It didn’t occur to me to restate the request more recently when the book was close to shipping. It would have been a smart move... which is probably why it wasn’t on my mind whatsoever.

Anyway, after posting here late last night, I emailed Mindy. Good news. CD still has my correct number in their inventory. So we’re working a switch. I am so relieved!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Sending out an email before a title ships asking for numbers would be okay ... as long as a reply isn't required if I'd already requested the number on preorder.

Had a recent email been sent out for COM, I would have missed it and missed my number. As it turned out, I did get my matching number, thankfully, as I'd asked for it on preorder.

So if you could accept matching number requests EITHER at preorder, OR right before shipping, that would cause fewer problems, I think.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My number on the first two books is 162.
    I received number 366 on COM.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My number on the first two books is 162.
    I received number 366 on COM.
    Be sure to email Mindy ASAP. Good luck!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding requesting numbers when ordering a book, I dug thru my OLD emails (XXX'd some identifying stuff). This was Mindy's response to my request:

Added request!

Thanks, ~MINDY

--

Mindy Jarusek, Production Manager

Cemetery Dance Publications
    132-B Industry Lane, Unit #7
    Forest Hill, MD 21050

www.cemeterydance.com

Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM
    To: Mindy Jarusek <order@cemeterydance.com>
    Subject: Re: Your Cemetery Dance Publications Order XXXXXX

Hi,

My copy of "The Twelve" is number 665 and would like for this book number to match.

Thank you,

-Clay XXXX
    Dallas, TX

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That can happen anyway. In order to receive 1000 pristine copies a publisher has to order ~10% more to ensure they have 1000 pristine copies for their customers.

So if all of the copies ordered are pristine, the publisher receives 1100 copies. Hence 100 PC copies.
    But those would be PCs and not officially part of the numbered print run and more often than not (a few exceptions) are not worth as much as the numbered ones. They are there own little collector subset. But you already know that, doncha Br!an?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    How does one go about requesting a number from CD? I’ve never done so before, but when you announce the next Matthew Corbett book from Robert McCammon, I’ll want to match it to the other six same-numbered books I have.

Does it matter that I got the last book (Cardinal Black) on the secondary market? The seller promised to relinquish their right and not request “my” number, but that deal is not recorded anywhere except in some messages we exchanged via eBay.
    Whenever you order a title, contact CD/Mindy and put in the request.

If you got a book on the secondary market, the seller should have contacted CD and inform Mindy. At least, that's what I do whenever I sell one of "my" numbers... If this did not happen, I'd contact CD and put in my request for the correct number.

Good luck, Luc!

sk

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I wanted to say thank you to CD for the safe delivery of Revival and the UK The Stand. I heard The Stand had a lot of damaged copies.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have news on The Institute Slipcase? It's been 21 weeks.

When will CDCC #9 and CDCC #10's supposedly included S/L books be arriving on my doorstep?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally think Brian got it right when he chose not to number Revival. Image how much of a PITA that isn't for him and focus can be steered towards more productive things. Pre-orders set the total run and boom, you're done. Understandable that more books will have to be printed to allow for mistakes.

So if you're reading this, Brian. Save yourself the future heartache, my friend!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

When will CDCC #9 and CDCC #10's supposedly included S/L books be arriving on my doorstep?

Institute slipcase is at the case maker. I haven't heard an update though on where it's at in production. Brian will have to awnser about the books, because I'm not sure. I think 10's might be in proof reading. I know 9's had a bunch of signatures in it, those might still be circulating (assuming I'm remembering which title is the one for 9)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Sending out an email before a title ships asking for numbers would be okay ... as long as a reply isn't required if I'd already requested the number on preorder.

Had a recent email been sent out for COM, I would have missed it and missed my number. As it turned out, I did get my matching number, thankfully, as I'd asked for it on preorder.

So if you could accept matching number requests EITHER at preorder, OR right before shipping, that would cause fewer problems, I think.

HBJ
    Generally speaking we can accept matching number requests at any time from initial pre-order to about a week before the books ship. I personally hesitate to specially send out an email asking people to request their matching number, because in most cases people don't generally care about a matching number and wouldn't even request one. Once you put the option in front of them, then all of the sudden they'll take that option, even if they wouldn't have cared if you hadn't said anything.

It's kinda a fine line to balance, because specific number requests tend to add a lot of time to the shipping / prep process. As well as complication.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, I sent you an email with a couple of inquires
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Brian, I sent you an email with a couple of inquires
    Is that the February 14 email I just found sorted into the wrong folder? Sigh...

I know the slipcase maker has all of the materials and the stamping dies now, but I'm waiting on their estimated ship date. I'll be checking in this week, though.

I'll need to check on the status of the signature sheet for the CDCC 9 book, but I recall it being in the home stretch. CDCC 10's book is being proofread now. The author either has the signature sheets or has returned them. I'll have to ask Dan tomorrow to confirm that!

Best,
    Brian

Great feedback about how we collect book number requests. Thank you! We're looking at what changes we can make to improve the process. We WANT you to get your number whenever possible. It's good for you as a collector, and it's important for us as a business. So, we definitely hear you on this issue.

Brian

I'll need to check on the status of the signature sheet for the CDCC 9 book, but I recall it being in the home stretch. CDCC 10's book is being proofread now. The author either has the signature sheets or has returned them. I'll have to ask Dan tomorrow to confirm that!

Best,
    Brian
    Signature sheets for CDCC 10 book are back, so we're just in proof reading. The sheets aren't back yet for the book for 9. If they're where I think they are, when they're done there, I think they still need one more signature.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Best,
    Brian
    Signature sheets for CDCC 10 book are back, so we're just in proof reading. The sheets aren't back yet for the book for 9. If they're where I think they are, when they're done there, I think they still need one more signature.
    So probably months away still?

And The Institute Slip? That is a month and a half late at this point.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 788 of 889 FirstFirst ... 288 688 738 778 786 787 788 789 790 798 838 888 ... LastLast