Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 890 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The only editions to be signed by King are:

Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, and featuring different full-color signature sheets, additional color artwork, illustrated endpapers, and original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($350)

Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 lettered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase ($1000)

This seems to be a bit expensive. (I'm probably not ordering either.)

John

I recieved notice of the book from someone a few minutes ago.. however at the end of the e-mail was a spiffy disclaimer...

"This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you."

Errr... I'm curious as to whether that's why the ordering link isn't posted? I like to release info asap to folks that are interested, but of course I prefer to avoid any legal issues
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the Traycased Lettered Edition and the Deluxe Artist Edition.

Don't know why, as I already have a signed Necon XX with "The Old Dude's Ticker".

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    I recieved notice of the book from someone a few minutes ago.. however at the end of the e-mail was a spiffy disclaimer...

"This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you."

Errr... I'm curious as to whether that's why the ordering link isn't posted? I like to release info asap to folks that are interested, but of course I prefer to avoid any legal issues
    I DIDN'T pre-order SOD2 from them, but I just got their email, with no legal disclaimer attached. So I think all is well at this time. It'd be a cool book to own, but I can't see myself shelling out $350 for an anthology...

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I may buy the trade when it's actually out...LOL 5 years from now...
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, against my better judgement, I ordered one of the Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies.

There was no way I was going to shell out $1000 for a lettered edition!

They really need to find a new artist. Glenn Chadbourne's stuff bugs me.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

NECON XX is a terribly fragile book, so I haven't read most of the stories in it, many of which are reprinted here.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

"Bob Booth is overseeing the design of this project and handling much of the work himself: from the signature sheets to the interior design to the cover, he will be crafting the look and feel of every aspect of the book. The designer is finalizing the design right now and the signature sheets are almost ready to be printed. Keep watching this space for updates!"

Bob is "Papa NECON" and with his involvement in the project I think it might be finalized faster than many of CD's projects.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I will pass this one.
    If i was charged when it would be released.i have got the Deluxe ed.
    Will try to get one on the aftermarket. (in about two years )

I just recieved a general annoucment with no disclamer so it seems folks who pre-ordered recieved just a few hours advanced notice, but at least I'm free to post it
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered one of the 150 AE editions.

Signed by all including King.

Should be very nice.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the 1/350 AE. I just couldn't justify "loaning" CD 1K for an indeterminate amount of time.

Edit: I ordered the 1/150 that is $350.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    They really need to find a new artist. Glenn Chadbourne's stuff bugs me.
    A-Men !!!!

I'm not ordering - doesn't buzz me at all

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Will pass on this one myself.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If necessary, I'll also pick one up on the aftermarket when it finally gets released. I just can't see paying CD $350 now for a book that won't be out for years. (Supersam and I feel the same way, I guess!)

I don't see this one appreciating much after it's finally published anyway.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I ordered the 1/350 AE. I just couldn't justify "loaning" CD 1K for an indeterminate amount of time.
    RF,

You know the 1/350 isn't signed by King?????

Available in four states:

item Trade Edition bound in full-cloth with full-color dust jacket artwork ($40)

item Slipcased Limited Edition of 350 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors (excluding King) on four pages of signature sheets ($175)

item Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, and featuring different full-color signature sheets, additional color artwork, illustrated endpapers, and original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($350)

item Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 lettered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase ($1000)

Mulleins

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I ordered one of the 1/150 copy as well. It did say it's at the printers.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is something I've never understood about this company (and I've not ordered from them myself), but do they really need people's money in advance to publish their books.? Haven't they been around long enough that they could afford to just publish them and then collect the money. I suppose I could understand a new company needing the money in advance, but I really don't understand why they would. What would they do if noone preordered their books. Would they simply not publish them at all?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I'm broke right now, so we'll see if any are available after the first, if so I'll buy. If not, I won't have any problem ordering a cheaper version, as I don't have to have King's signature for an extra $200.

One thing of note, CD seems to be getting their act together. They are really starting to release a lot of books, and some that we've been waiting a long time for. Slivers of Bones I must have paid 3-4 years ago, finally it's shipping!
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well,i got my A/E of 1/150.i hope the info is right and its at the printers or close to it.i might see it in my lifetime.at least my kids will enjoy it(for an hour or two before they'd probably flog it!!)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    RF,

You know the 1/350 isn't signed by King?????

Available in four states:

item Trade Edition bound in full-cloth with full-color dust jacket artwork ($40)

item Slipcased Limited Edition of 350 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors (excluding King) on four pages of signature sheets ($175)

item Slipcased Deluxe Artist Edition of 150 signed and numbered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, and featuring different full-color signature sheets, additional color artwork, illustrated endpapers, and original artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($350)

item Traycased Lettered Edition of 52 lettered copies, signed by over 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase ($1000)

Mulleins
    I screwed up in my post. I meant the 1/150 that is $350. I'll edit my post, but your quote will stay so the thread isn't confusing.
    Thanks.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well the artist edition is already gone. I guess be going for a trade edition.

EDIT: I signed up for the waiting list. This is probably good for me, as there are always people who's credit cards bounce, and since I don't have the money now, hopefully I will when (and if) a spot opens up.
    Geoff

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I am way too late to get the one that I would really want - the $350 item. I recevied the initial email before the general public, but I don't chekc my personal mail only once or twice a day at work. The time stamps on the two emails were almost exactly 1 hour apart! :-(

Well I'll keep my money and maybe that is a good thing! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the SoS-buyers early announcement and the later one (about 1-1/2 hours later) at the same time as I tend to check my personal email later in the morning than these types of announcements are typically made from the East Coast.

I figured all the King-signed books were probably sold out by then, and in any case I can't spare the $350 this morning, so I just ordered the $40 unsigned Trade Edition.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 890 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast