Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 755 of 889 FirstFirst ... 255 655 705 745 753 754 755 756 757 765 805 855 ... LastLast
Results 18,851 to 18,875 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Dan - I don’t want to be THAT guy - but do I need to be worried about lack of any notification for Sleeping Beauties yet?
    No need to worry yet. I'd say if you haven't received a shipping notice by Monday you should contact me then. I printed the last of the labels yesterday, but I don't think shipping notices were sent yesterday. We should be sending notices today for sure though. I think we should probably be pretty much done with shipping today as well. There may be one or two odd ball orders that drag to next week, but for the most part we're just about done.
    Thanks Dan. No word yet (I’m in UK) but I fall into the single limited edition, without number request, order that you mentioned above.

Funnily enough, my gift edition arrived today from PS Publishing, which made me even more worried!
    My guess is yours is probably packed in the back now. I'm surprised you didn't get a notice though, Mindy just sent shipping notices a little bit ago. PS actually got their copies way faster than I was expecting. Only took a week in transit which is record time I think.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I just got my shipping notice for the S/L. It’s supposed to arrive next Wednesday - my birthday!!

They did that on purpose! Happy Birthday! I hope King signed it for you too!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Just got a shipping notice for my standalone S/L order, no number request. Whew!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian/Dan - What is the latest with the ‘In Sunlight or In Shadow’ Limited Edition? Are you still waiting for Block to sign them?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan - I don’t want to be THAT guy - but do I need to be worried about lack of any notification for Sleeping Beauties yet?
    No need to worry yet. I'd say if you haven't received a shipping notice by Monday you should contact me then. I printed the last of the labels yesterday, but I don't think shipping notices were sent yesterday. We should be sending notices today for sure though. I think we should probably be pretty much done with shipping today as well. There may be one or two odd ball orders that drag to next week, but for the most part we're just about done.
    Thanks Dan. No word yet (I’m in UK) but I fall into the single limited edition, without number request, order that you mentioned above.

Funnily enough, my gift edition arrived today from PS Publishing, which made me even more worried!
    My guess is yours is probably packed in the back now. I'm surprised you didn't get a notice though, Mindy just sent shipping notices a little bit ago. PS actually got their copies way faster than I was expecting. Only took a week in transit which is record time I think.
    Got my notification now Dan, thanks! Worry over

Gift edition is beautiful too

Brian/Dan - What is the latest with the ‘In Sunlight or In Shadow’ Limited Edition? Are you still waiting for Block to sign them?
    We've reached out to his agent many times and still haven't gotten the green light to send the sheets.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Anyone have any "slipcase features" they've seen other presses that they'd like us to consider on future projects?

Our big case maker mentioned thumb notches, although he said they create a lot of headaches on his end... ie, they can be costly.

But we're always open to ideas, so if you have a particular slipcase in your collection you love where the publisher did something funky or different or cool, please feel free to let me know, either here or via email: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com -- and pics would help!

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Do buyers who purchased the lettered, and a S/L, and a gift have to wait?
    Nope. Lettereds aren't ready yet, but S/L and gifts are shipping / have shipped. I just checked yours, and your order happened to be in the very unlucky position of being just the right combination of elements (what's on the order, lack of number request, shipping method) that put it pretty much right at the end of the shipping queue.

Lucky me. I suppose someone has to be the last order shipped. Purely selfish on my part, but those who ordered one of each should be prioritized as they spent the most money. Getting something weeks after others already have it is a bit anti-climactic.
    I understand your point, but the odd ball / multiple copy orders always wait till the end, because they are the hardest to assembly line, and if we're to get these done and shipped as quickly as we can I need to be able to assembly line these. I hate to say this, because I don't want people doing it who don't care about it, but requesting a number does bump you up in line. Number requests slow the whole process down though, so I would prefer if people only request numbers if they actually care about them. Generally this is how shipping works for the SK books.

single gift editions -> multiple gift editions -> single number request limited editions -> multiple number request limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> single limited editions -> multiple limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> any stragglers.

I can't speak to anything from before SOD V2, but this is how we've been doing it as long as I've been working at CD.
    So next time I'll order the gift edition from a UK seller, on separate order I'll specify a number, even though I don't care, and always assumed it made it easier on you guys, then generate an order under a pseudonym for a lettered edition.
    Might cost a bit more on total shipping, but I'll have my books much sooner.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

single gift editions -> multiple gift editions -> single number request limited editions -> multiple number request limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> single limited editions -> multiple limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> any stragglers
    Interesting!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received my shipping notice today, too! Should be in my hands on Wednesday. Thanks, Dan!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Anyone have any "slipcase features" they've seen other presses that they'd like us to consider on future projects?

Our big case maker mentioned thumb notches, although he said they create a lot of headaches on his end... ie, they can be costly.

But we're always open to ideas, so if you have a particular slipcase in your collection you love where the publisher did something funky or different or cool, please feel free to let me know, either here or via email: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com -- and pics would help!

Best,
    Brian
    I’m fine without thumb notches so long as the book is easy to remove.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my shipping notice today!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm really happy with the recent slipcase designs you've been doing, Brian. Smooth boards with foil stamping on spine and one side, flush with the case. Maybe a slight texturing like on Sleeping Beauties Gift edition.

So long as the slipcase fits correctly - particularly when there's a book dustjacket! If thumb notches were needed, I'd fear the case is too tight for the book.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We've reached out to his agent many times and still haven't gotten the green light to send the sheets.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. Odd! What is he waiting for???

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    How about a hologram? Like a full side. That would be pretty badass on the right book. How they are made https://youtu.be/b5-sfKIZtvs
    I don't see them much anymore, but I used to in the 90's and 00's they were on comic covers, cards, fantasy posters, etc..
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    single gift editions -> multiple gift editions -> single number request limited editions -> multiple number request limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> single limited editions -> multiple limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> any stragglers
    Interesting!
    This is the general order, but stuff does tend to float a bit as sometimes labels print with other categories. I don't have as much control over how the labels print as I would like.

Do buyers who purchased the lettered, and a S/L, and a gift have to wait?
    Nope. Lettereds aren't ready yet, but S/L and gifts are shipping / have shipped. I just checked yours, and your order happened to be in the very unlucky position of being just the right combination of elements (what's on the order, lack of number request, shipping method) that put it pretty much right at the end of the shipping queue.

Lucky me. I suppose someone has to be the last order shipped. Purely selfish on my part, but those who ordered one of each should be prioritized as they spent the most money. Getting something weeks after others already have it is a bit anti-climactic.
    I understand your point, but the odd ball / multiple copy orders always wait till the end, because they are the hardest to assembly line, and if we're to get these done and shipped as quickly as we can I need to be able to assembly line these. I hate to say this, because I don't want people doing it who don't care about it, but requesting a number does bump you up in line. Number requests slow the whole process down though, so I would prefer if people only request numbers if they actually care about them. Generally this is how shipping works for the SK books.

single gift editions -> multiple gift editions -> single number request limited editions -> multiple number request limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> single limited editions -> multiple limited editions (including limited + gift editions) -> any stragglers.

I can't speak to anything from before SOD V2, but this is how we've been doing it as long as I've been working at CD.
    So next time I'll order the gift edition from a UK seller, on separate order I'll specify a number, even though I don't care, and always assumed it made it easier on you guys, then generate an order under a pseudonym for a lettered edition.
    Might cost a bit more on total shipping, but I'll have my books much sooner.
    You'd be hit or miss with the UK seller idea. PS publishing's copies arrived in record time this go around (in just under a week), but often times shipments to them can take up to 3 weeks to get there, and as of Friday they had only actually received about half of their books. They did turn them around pretty quickly though.

Honestly if anyone is really looking to get their books the fastest, and I don't recommend doing this as really what's a couple of days, the absolute fastest would be to order everything from us on separate orders via FedEx or UPS. It'd end up costing you a lot more in postage though, and really what's getting your package a bit earlier in the grand scheme of things. Honestly the only reason I don't recommend it is because of the postage charges. I'd actually prefer if there were no orders that had a gift and limited on the same order, they're a lot more of a pain to work with and really slow the shipping process down a lot, but I really don't recommend it because the shipping charges are already really high on stuff like this.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When is the lettered shipping? I looked back and couldn’t see if it was done or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    When is the lettered shipping? I looked back and couldn’t see if it was done or not?
    Will be a couple of months yet - cases still have to be made...

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

sk
    Yep, I just asked for a new update this morning!

Brian

sk
    Yep. The cases for the Lettered Edition and the Art Portfolio are both in production with separate case makers now.

sk
    Yep. The cases for the Lettered Edition and the Art Portfolio are both in production with separate case makers now.
    I checked in with both vendors this morning, so I will have new updates soon!

Brian

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Re: slipcases:

- I don't like thumb notches in slipcases and would consider them a step down;

- Blind stamping is always nice;

- Things you might expect to see on the book itself are always a nice touch on the slipcase, but I don't mean anything terribly involved. Obviously CD already does foil (nice) but other touches can be set into the slipcase's material (these needn't be as out there as poker chips or bones, but more subtle things/different inset textures/surfaces can work).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard lining with sparrow feathers looks nice....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 755 of 889 FirstFirst ... 255 655 705 745 753 754 755 756 757 765 805 855 ... LastLast