Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 880 of 890 FirstFirst ... 380 780 830 870 878 879 880 881 882 ... LastLast
Results 21,976 to 22,000 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Along the Path of the Beam jwilkinson01 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mcbanick View Post
    Was the email sent to CDCC members? I didn’t get anything…
    The email stated is was sent to those that had pre-ordered The Stand.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I googled Cemetery Dance Pet Semetery and the following link came up: https://www.cemeterydance.com/pet-sematary-SECRET.html.
    Can't be too much of a secret if that's all it took and this coming from a senior citizen luddite. I suspect I will be safely tucked away in a human cemetery long before this is ever published!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never gotten any email to order PS and I purchased The Stand numbered edition as well as all the other titles in the DD series. So I took it upon myself, found the link and ordered last month when I saw posts of people ordering. I think Richard Chizmar posted about it.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Are these descriptions just all wrong? Or does it also have Chadbourne art in addition to Vincent Chong?

Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 3,000 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and embossed endpapers; and featuring a unique black-and-white limitation page with artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($150)

• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Numbered Artist Edition signed by the artist and limited to only 750 hand-numbered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a different fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers; a full-color signature sheet signed by the artists and featuring artwork by Glenn Chadbourne; and housed in a traycase ($375)

• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Lettered Edition signed by the artist and limited to 52 hand-lettered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound in two different fine materials in a hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers; a different full color signature sheet signed by the artists and featuring artwork by Glenn Chadbourne; and housed in a unique "three piece" traycase ($1750)

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Are these descriptions just all wrong? Or does it also have Chadbourne art in addition to Vincent Chong?

Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 3,000 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and embossed endpapers; and featuring a unique black-and-white limitation page with artwork by Glenn Chadbourne ($150)

• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Numbered Artist Edition signed by the artist and limited to only 750 hand-numbered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a different fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers; a full-color signature sheet signed by the artists and featuring artwork by Glenn Chadbourne; and housed in a traycase ($375)

• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Lettered Edition signed by the artist and limited to 52 hand-lettered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound in two different fine materials in a hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers; a different full color signature sheet signed by the artists and featuring artwork by Glenn Chadbourne; and housed in a unique "three piece" traycase ($1750)
    The way I read that is that Chadbourne art work is only on the signature page.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think Chadbourne is illustrating the signature page.

Edit: too slow

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Any of PS versions signed by King?
    For PS versions, King signs the lettered editions.
    Lol. I meant Pet Sem. Very good.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Any of PS versions signed by King?
    For PS versions, King signs the lettered editions.
    ...just paid closer attention and realized you were asking about Pet Semetary, not PS Publishing, sorry for the confusion. (I'm a dumbass, it's a CD thread after all.)

Not a dumbass, but unintentionally funny. Made me laugh
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Vincent Chong is the Pet Semetery artist

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetery Dance Publications
    Pet Sematary: The Deluxe Special Edition (Volume Six in the "Doubleday Years" Collection)
    by Stephen King

Featuring full color wrap-around cover artwork and interior artwork by Vincent Chong!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ncleapyear View Post
    Another money grab from our CD friends ... can't say what it is, as the email swears us to secrecy ... but if they sell through all 3 editions that will be another $822,250 in revenue ... forthcoming in 2024, yeah right ... is taking all that cash even legal? It certainly seems unethical.
    Wonder how many are actually left? They did the whole double day set preorder years ago and at least twice. Kinda scary when it’s 750 of the artist and 52 lettered.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwilkinson01 View Post
    I have the stand on order, too, so that’s odd. But I only ordered it within the last year, so maybe it was meant for those from a different batch of pre orders
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

I have the stand on order, too, so that’s odd. But I only ordered it within the last year, so maybe it was meant for those from a different batch of pre orders
    I just ordered The Stand in January, but that is what the email said. Doesn't seem like there is a discernible pattern

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ncleapyear View Post
    Another money grab from our CD friends ... can't say what it is, as the email swears us to secrecy ... but if they sell through all 3 editions that will be another $822,250 in revenue ... forthcoming in 2024, yeah right ... is taking all that cash even legal? It certainly seems unethical.
    Wonder how many are actually left? They did the whole double day set preorder years ago and at least twice. Kinda scary when it’s 750 of the artist and 52 lettered.
    My guess is that they'll increase the print run due to "demand" etc. etc., just as they did with the numbered edition of The Stand, from 750 copies to 1,250. Also, of course, there will be pallets upon pallets of so-called PCs that will go on eBay and sell for twice retail. It's hard to imagine a slimier business model.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered The Stand in January, but that is what the email said. Doesn't seem like there is a discernible pattern

Well, I went to the link posted earlier, and it says 1 copy per customer, so I suspect people who already had a copy on order were not included in the email. That would probably be why I didn't get the email.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Well I have the money now but no link. Must sit and wait and never leave again for fear of missing my next and maybe last shot at a complete matched set.
    "Status: forthcoming 2024"

I wouldn't fret. There's bound to be another super secret pre-sale, and then a regular pre-sale, and then a general public sale.

Not that I'm cynical, you see.
    Called it!

RE: yesterday's and today's email.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Well, I went to the link posted earlier, and it says 1 copy per customer, so I suspect people who already had a copy on order were not included in the email. That would probably be why I didn't get the email.
    Makes sense - I have it on order already, too.
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally received the lettered edition of Usher's Passing. At least when they finally do ship out books the quality is top notch.

I'm glad (for obvious reasons) that Lividian is releasing the McCammon limiteds instead.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Finally received the lettered edition of Usher's Passing. At least when they finally do ship out books the quality is top notch.
    Lucky you! Mine's on its way to the Netherlands, but so far USPS hasn't even received the package yet. It's with Global Post (whatever) and USPS is awaiting the book.
    Will be weeks before it's here.

sk

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Mine's on its way to the Netherlands, but so far USPS hasn't even received the package yet. It's with Global Post (whatever) and USPS is awaiting the book.

sk
    Think of it like this:

The postal service has whisked your soon-to-be prized possession away on an exciting world tour before it settles down with you!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Mine's on its way to the Netherlands, but so far USPS hasn't even received the package yet. It's with Global Post (whatever) and USPS is awaiting the book.

sk
    Think of it like this:

The postal service has whisked your soon-to-be prized possession away on an exciting world tour before it settles down with you!
    Lol, too close to reality.

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD has significantly changed their production update page (now moved to here : https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras...ction-updates/ )

And, we'll see how it will be updated in the future, but i personally think that it's a very good improvement !
    Not only there is a "last update" regarding the page, but also regarding EACH title. And a sort of colour-code for the production update

----

Regarding :

Seasons of Terror edited by Richard Chizmar:
    The Limited Edition is waiting on Simon Schuster, as they have rights to first publication via their trade edition. We will not have more information until they produce their edition. (3/31/2023)

It would be interesting to know what is Gallery Books plan though... cause Amazon says 2045, so is the project still planned or canceled?
    Given the CD version has a low print (750 + 400 + 52), it's a shame that the S&S version blocks entirely the project.

What if S&S do not release their version within the next 5 years, is the project still blocked? Or is their a deadline to that blockade?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I searched AbeBooks.com for "Cemetery Dance" to see if anything of interest that I would've never known to search for might turn up, and ended up ordering these 4 (all under $40; 1 was $15):

Black Evening by David Morrell
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/black-evening.html

This was a particularly cool find because, while I absolutely love Morrell's Orange Is For Anguish, Blue For Insanity (one of my favorite short stories from anyone), I had no idea he had enough such pieces ("a landmark gathering of dark suspense") to fill a collection; my previous brief researches into his career seemed to indicate that he didn't write much horror (or related) fiction. Orange/Blue (seriously - read it) left me desperate for more - and now I can have it!.

Fourbodings: A Quartet of Uneasy Tales from Four Masters of the Macabre
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/fourbo...asy-tales.html

"A collection of four brand new novellas of terror by British superstars Simon Clark, Tim Lebbon, Terry Lamsley, and Mark Morris"

I've never read the work of any of these people, but the chance to try four new writers (not to mention that cover art) convinced me.

Four Octobers by Rick Hautala
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/four-octobers.html

Long ago, I read Hautala's Night Stone; I don't recall much about it, but I know he was one of the "other" horror writers (beyond King, Straub, Barker) I intended to look into but never got around to. This collection - "four loosely interconnected novellas...set in October, the month of pumpkins and trick or treat, of skeletons and haunted graveyards" - looks like the perfect chance to finally check out more of Hautala's work.

A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests, Rabbis and Ministers by Ray Bradbury
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/a-chap...ministers.html

I haven't yet actually read anything of Bradbury's (I at least have the good sense to be ashamed of that fact) outside of some online samples, but recently loaded up a bit on some likely-looking things from him (Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Halloween Tree, The October Country) to read this fall, and Cemetery Dance's Chapbook ("an exclusive, brand new hardcover collection...featuring classic Bradbury creations, all having to do with the Cosmos, the Universe, Visitations, Annunciations, First and Last Suppers, early Sabbaths and much, much more") appeared to be worth rolling the dice on.

(The flip side of the secondary market - as opposed to the usual "$1k for It" side - can be a pretty fun place).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

What happened to Gwendy’s Magic Feather lettered?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Black Evening by David Morrell
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/black-evening.html

This was a particularly cool find because, while I absolutely love Morrell's Orange Is For Anguish, Blue For Insanity (one of my favorite short stories from anyone), I had no idea he had enough such pieces ("a landmark gathering of dark suspense") to fill a collection; my previous brief researches into his career seemed to indicate that he didn't write much horror (or related) fiction. Orange/Blue (seriously - read it) left me desperate for more - and now I can have it!.
    Not only does he have enough short horror fiction to fill one collection -- but he has three full-length horror short-story collections: BLACK EVENING, NIGHTSCAPE, and BEFORE I WAKE...all signed/limited HCs, the latter two published by Subterranean Press.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    What happened to Gwendy’s Magic Feather lettered?
    No idea but it's only been four years since pre-order. Was going to give it another year or so before inquiring. (said in the tone of a beat dog)
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 880 of 890 FirstFirst ... 380 780 830 870 878 879 880 881 882 ... LastLast