Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 890 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 330 370 420 820 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Decided not to cancel because - THANK THE GODS no facsimile sigs!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Are there any more announcements today? I thought someone posted that there was more than one author involved?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess as a non-collector I don't get the big deal about the book being signed and/or numbered. What matters most is the production and if there's any special material not included with the regular edition.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just a bit bummed about another Shining coming out so soon. Kind of feels like when you buy a DVD and then they double-dip a few months later.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The Lettered Edition sold out in 47 minutes. I know it isn't signed by SK, but I think the collectors who took a chance on it will be very pleased when the see the final production values. It'll be a beautiful edition. Thank you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonUK View Post
    Brian, are you averaging out these costs over the 6 books so that each edition is the same price or will they vary? I'm just considering what I want to commit to.

Thanks.
    It'll be on a book by book basis. That way if someone only wants a few of them, they're only paying for what they get, etc. Thanks for asking!

Brian
    That is very smart. I'm not a fan of the Salem's Lot S/L and would be interested in an Artist's edition of that book.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I guess as a non-collector I don't get the big deal about the book being signed and/or numbered. What matters most is the production and if there's any special material not included with the regular edition.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I'll take Whelan and Dameron please
    Where are you taking them???!?!?
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I think a bundled price for those who want matching sets would be a nice gesture if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    To answer a general question about the pricing:

As always, pricing for the editions is based on contractual obligations and expected production costs. Some books are more expensive than others to acquire the rights to publish. Some books have higher production costs than others due to the type of materials we're using, the amount of artwork, etc.

Also, production costs in general keep rising each year. The cost of producing the slipcases has increased 50% since From A Buick 8, for example. These books aren't getting less expensive to produce, unfortunately, unless you want to cut corners, which we do not.

Brian
    Brian,

Is there an opportunity for a bundled price for all six books if ordered at once?
    Not at this time because we're still working out production costs for all of the books. But thanks fort asking!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Also, we have some amazing artists lined up for these books. Three of them we've never worked with on a book, I believe. Those who enjoyed the artwork for certain Donald Grant SK books will be pleased.

Brian
    Whelan and Hale, pretty please!
    Yes PLEASE!
    I'll take Whelan and Dameron please
    Yes and Yes.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Stay classy CD. I wouldn't want one he doesn't really want to make anyway.
    There's a reason we will have published 14 books with him in 14 years when the last book in this deal ships, but I've probably said too much as it is.

Brian
    Ohhhhh.... Now you have to say more!

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Brian: I think I read that Rich said there would be 8 books announced and he also posted a picture of what looked like short stories on his facebook page. Is that something else or are there more King news coming?

Lilja

By the way, in case there was any miscommunication on my part:

The Gift Edition will have an illustrated Limitation page, sometime we normally don't do, but it won't be numbered. It'll just explain what the edition is and what the print run was. We thought it might be nice to have that in there for future collectors.

The Artist Edition will be hand-numbered and we'll be able to match numbers on future volumes.

The Artist Lettered Edition will be hand-lettered and we'll be able to match letters on future volumes.

Brian

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Are there any more announcements today? I thought someone posted that there was more than one author involved?
    +1

(please gimme some Joe Hill News)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can we match numbers to previous CD purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Brian: I think I read that Rich said there would be 8 books announced and he also posted a picture of what looked like short stories on his facebook page. Is that something else or are there more King news coming?

Lilja
    We signed deals the other week for 8 new books, they are for 2015 and 2016.

Mindy will do her very best! As long as it isn't a lifetime, it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

Brian

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mindy will do her very best! As long as it isn't a lifetime, it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

Brian
    Should we email her now or wait until the flood from today subsides?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Lilja
    Will these be announced soon or throughout the next few years?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Brian
    Should we email her now or wait until the flood from today subsides?
    Now should be fine. I emailed her and she responded already.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Lilja
    Will these be announced soon or throughout the next few years?
    We just signed contracts and haven't started production. A couple might be announced this year, the rest will be next year. Thanks for asking!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

is King's intro new or is it the one from the Pocket Books Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post
    is King's intro new or is it the one from the Pocket Books Edition?
    I have to check. We were just sent two Word documents and I didn't think to compare!

Brian

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well thats was exciting while it lasted!

I was actually on a plane when the announcement was made - I'd made prior arrangements with Kingfan24 who kindly offered to buy whatever it was on my behalf (Thanks Nick!). As it happens, we landed just before the announcement and I was frantically refreshing my iPhone as we taxi'd to the Toulouse Airport hub

I had no expectations of affording a S/L and when I saw the 3 options, I actually assumed the top one WAS signed. I went for the Artist edition, but am debating getting a Gift as well/instead. If I can snag #14 (to match my PS editions) I will stick with the Artist, if not, well thats something to think on...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 890 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 318 319 320 321 322 330 370 420 820 ... LastLast