Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 890 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

We haven't seen it yet, though.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I see what you're saying about a precharge...but the problem is the circumstances changing would be them going out of business. So I would just assume have my money until the product is ready to ship. THEN they can have my money...

LSOE was announced as an upcoming project something like 4 years ago....but without orders being taken, or even a price, it's hard to compare it to SOD...

But, a two year wait for SOD II isn't horrible, I guess....

If it were JUST a one or two year wait on all the titles it would be tolerable. But, as has been discussed on this site many times, there are several books that are much more than two years delayed. The ridiculous LEGACIES is just one example. F. Paul Wilson's SIMS series has been only partially finished and several artist editions have yet to be published.

I keep telling myself I am going to quit posting negative things about CD. I've really said all that I can say. But then someone posts about how promptly Mindy responds to requests for information. I was her FAILURE to respond to my requests for information that finally led me to cancelling all my preorders.

This thread will probably never die and as it gets longer and longer I continue to be happier and happier that I am done with the good folks at Cemetery Dance Publications completely and forever.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also am thrilled to have my money back after 5 attempts spanning two months.

As I recall, there were quite a few Collectors from this site that asked for refunds within the past 3-4 months...Anyone out there having trouble or has CD settled up with everyone?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

i've had $1000 of the $4450 - that was almost a month ago, so have just said that I need the balance back by Friday.

As I paid on a credit card then if I dont I will make a formal complaint to Visa International - I cant believe that it is legal to charge someone for a product and then never provide it (fraud or theft I guess) - i'd be pretty certain that its against the CCard companies rules.

I hope it wont come to that.

BTW, over there in the USA do you guys have some kind of Trading Standards organisation like we do here - someone who might be interested in questionable business practices?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea.... but i hope that it wont bring CD to close.. :s
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Congratulations on getting reimbursed David!

I'm hoping that since all my outstanding books are actually King signed limiteds and lettereds that I will receive them at some point this decade. Now everyone needs to stop getting refunds so that CD doesn't fold and I can get my books!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    i've had $1000 of the $4450 - that was almost a month ago, so have just said that I need the balance back by Friday.

As I paid on a credit card then if I dont I will make a formal complaint to Visa International - I cant believe that it is legal to charge someone for a product and then never provide it (fraud or theft I guess) - i'd be pretty certain that its against the CCard companies rules.

My only concern about relying on the credit card company would be if there is some kind of statute of limitations between when your card is charged vs. when you file a complaint (especially if it has been years). If you find out anything from Visa on that subject, please let us know.

BTW, over there in the USA do you guys have some kind of Trading Standards organisation like we do here - someone who might be interested in questionable business practices?
    We have the Better Business Bureau.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

My only concern about relying on the credit card company would be if there is some kind of statute of limitations between when your card is charged vs. when you file a complaint (especially if it has been years). If you find out anything from Visa on that subject, please let us know.

We have the Better Business Bureau.
    Thanks for that - I was also thinking there is probably a limit to the charge back time for the card, and the banks are not much help at the best of times here and guess in the US with the current climate, they are not much different.

I've had $1000 placed in my paypal account, but with a $40 charge to me - so let me just get my head around this, I pay them money some years previously for goods they never supply, they keep it, get interest on it, then I get charged for getting it back.....ah yes, thats fair, of course.

And i've been told that the balance will be sent by 'check'. Now, for one, its 'cheque' where I live!!, and second, as US check will no doubt just freak the bank out and cost a fortune to process...

I'm drafting a letter to Mr Kings office as i've had enough of this now - its tantamount to fraud.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Pfff...I got a Paypal refund from a seller that also cost me money...it was a few bucks so it didn't bother me that much, but still...

I'll say this, CD doesn't make much effort at keeping people...you'd think they'd say "we really appreciate you waiting, how about a couple free books, blah blah" I'm not saying people would do that, but it might soothe annoyed nerves a little bit, right?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

They emailed me at work asking for a couple of PC copies of LSOE for personal use and then asked if they owe us money.

They do owe us and I said that as soon as I saw the check for what they owe, I will let them know about the books!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    They emailed me at work asking for a couple of PC copies of LSOE for personal use and then asked if they owe us money.

They do owe us and I said that as soon as I saw the check for what they owe, I will let them know about the books!

I'd make them wait - get them to pay up front like they do to everyone else and see how much they enjoy the process......mind you, you guys are a reputable firm, so you'd not take money with empty promises and tales of the never never......

I was annoyed by all this but now i'm getting mad!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

You should tell them you will send them copies when they send you copies of SOD I and II, maybe that will get them moving.

Still I don't mind prepaying, it's comforting that I don't have to worry about it when it does get released. Some times if you don't have the money right then your SOL like I nearly was for LSoE when my CC was charged the day after X-Mas (no offence implied Nerak, I just spent way too much on gifts). Besides that the quality of their stuff is great so I don't mind waiting for a good product either.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I mind waiting for something that was supposed to be released long before now. I don't mind paying for something in advance. I've done that many times with many other businesses. What I do mind is being told something will be available at a certain time and then it doesn't happen. What I do mind is not being told what's going on when said item isn't available when I was told it would be. Keep your customers informed, and they will be much happier.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I mind waiting for something that was supposed to be released long before now. I don't mind paying for something in advance. I've done that many times with many other businesses. What I do mind is being told something will be available at a certain time and then it doesn't happen. What I do mind is not being told what's going on when said item isn't available when I was told it would be. Keep your customers informed, and they will be much happier.
    I completely agree Sam.

I have no problem paying in advance as long as I am kept in the loop on the project's status.

They do send periodic emails, but they are very vague and provide very little information.

The way I see it is, if I prepay I am helping fund the making of the book, therefore I want detailed information and updates in a timely manner.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    See my thoughts on DMG at the LSOE/Gunslinger thread!!!!! You'all its not fair to pick favorites!!!!!!!!!

lol lol

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't bought anything from DMG that wasn't readily available so no picking here.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ... See my thoughts on DMG at the LSOE/Gunslinger thread!!!!! You'all its not fair to pick favorites!!!!!!!!!

lol lol
    Anyone who has read the two threads can plainly see that the difference in attitudes stems primarily from this:
    1. With DMG, people are paying 1-2 months in advance of receiving their orders.
    2. With CD, people are paying 1-2 years, sometimes longer, in advance of receiving their orders.
    3. It is a simple fact that the longer the amount of time between payment and receipt will exacerbate any issue with forecasts of delivery, updates, and/or communication in general.

To imply that there is no difference between #1 and #2, and therefore that they should be viewed equally favorably, is rather disingenuous, don't you think?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... See my thoughts on DMG at the LSOE/Gunslinger thread!!!!! You'all its not fair to pick favorites!!!!!!!!!

lol lol
    Anyone who has read the two threads can plainly see that the difference in attitudes stems primarily from this:
    2. With CD, people are paying 1-2 years, sometimes longer, in advance of receiving their orders.
    3. It is a simple fact that the longer the amount of time between payment and receipt will exacerbate any issue with forecasts of delivery, updates, and/or communication in general.

To imply that there is no difference between #1 and #2, and therefore that they should be viewed equally favorably, is rather disingenuous, don't you think?
    I agree with this statement, but at the same time disagree with a lot of what is said in this thread.

Yes, they take payment years before something is delivered, my current oldest unfilled order is for "Stephen King: The Non-Fiction" and "Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography of the World's Most Popular Author" placed August '07.

Thing I disagree about is the communication. I get a newsletter every other week that updates the status of pretty much everything.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

Yes, they take payment years before something is delivered, my current oldest unfilled order is for "Stephen King: The Non-Fiction" and "Stephen King: A Primary Bibliography of the World's Most Popular Author" placed August '07.

Thing is disagree about is the communication. I get a newsletter every other week that updates the status of pretty much everything.
    Justin Brooks "Primary Bibliography" was published a few months ago. If you haven't received the copy you ordered you should contact them.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my copies of the Primary Bibliography in May of last year.

John

Thing I disagree about is the communication. I get a newsletter every other week that updates the status of pretty much everything.
    What are they saying about LEGACIES in these frequent updates?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

What are they saying about LEGACIES in these frequent updates?
    And The Century's Best Horror Fiction by John Pelan....

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

What year were orders for the SOD V1 Lettered placed? I received the Limited some time ago but no mention is ever made of the Lettered.

lol lol

I agree with this statement, but at the same time disagree with a lot of what is said in this thread.

I'm sorry - I have to disagree with this - OK, so there is a newsletter from CD, but all you have is empty promises - when you contact them, you just get the usual guff about problems, issues and how it will be this good and that good and that its progressing but for this and that reason its taking longer, but it will be amazing. How many years should you have to wait? - how many years interest should they be allowed to have on all our money?

You are talking about tens of thousands of dollars, possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars, over many many years - who benefits from this money ? - simple, they do. We, the customers get nothing. And they have NO SHAME in not delivering what they have promised. They prey on our desire for King limited editions - indeed, my desire to have a lettered edition - a desire that sadly i've had to forgo, at least on their publications....

What I want - what I expect is a reasonable estimate of a date when I will get what I have paid for.......I never get it, which is why I have asked for a refund. If they were a UK company I would have taken more formal legal action against them to ensure that they did not continue to work in this way - It is a shameful way to run a business.

Its all a fob off and to make ANY correlation between what we all have experienced with CD and their lies, deception and false promises and what DMG do I think is outrageous.

I've over 20 years of dealings with DMG and I have never had to write to Mr King about how let down I have been, I have never had to write and demand a refund, I have never felt let down and betrayed as a King fan by them, and I have always been delighted with the quality of what DMG produce, the communication is excellent, and their willingness to help superb - its just a shame that they have not had more King works to produce as they have demonstrated professional and consistently high quality work - other publishers could do worse but to take a leaf from their book, especially CD......

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would assume a smart investor could get interest on all that money out for that amount of time.

I've never dealt with CD but I believe I would rather get a .25% as opposed to letting it hang out there if I had a choice
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 890 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast