Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 799 of 889 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 797 798 799 800 801 809 849 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,975 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    RE: Night Shift. I'll tell you all this, the last thing I want or can even handle is the cases for Night Shift dragging on too long. My storage warehouse is already packed to the brim and adding Night Shift books on top of that will put us at overflowing. No one wants the cases to be done sooner than I do, as the warehouse guys and myself are the ones who have to figure out where to put all the books until the cases get made. Timing is really unfortunate because we'll have 2 projects sitting in the warehouse that take up a ton of space just waiting on cases. The best of CD 2 limited and soon all of Night Shift. So the sooner we're able to get the cases manufactured the better for everyone. Better for you guys so you have the books you ordered, better for us so we aren't choked to death by stationary product.
    How about shipping Night Shift without the cases and sending them along when they have been completed? That would open up some warehouse space.
    That's possible, but it would probably cause more headaches than it's worth. There's 2 big hurdles there, one is it would really confuse a lot of people (even if we spelled it out perfectly for them), the 2nd hurdle is that we would have to manually go into every single order and add a separate item for the case. It's a lot of orders and would take a large amount of time, and since it would have to be done manually it'd be prone to errors. So while possible, probably not worth it in the long run.

Another thing to note is that the cases actually provide an extra layer of protection in shipping. It's not the end of the world if a case gets damaged (there's usually plenty of extras), but there's only soo many books to go around.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

RE: Night Shift. I'll tell you all this, the last thing I want or can even handle is the cases for Night Shift dragging on too long. My storage warehouse is already packed to the brim and adding Night Shift books on top of that will put us at overflowing. No one wants the cases to be done sooner than I do, as the warehouse guys and myself are the ones who have to figure out where to put all the books until the cases get made. Timing is really unfortunate because we'll have 2 projects sitting in the warehouse that take up a ton of space just waiting on cases. The best of CD 2 limited and soon all of Night Shift. So the sooner we're able to get the cases manufactured the better for everyone. Better for you guys so you have the books you ordered, better for us so we aren't choked to death by stationary product.
    How about shipping Night Shift without the cases and sending them along when they have been completed? That would open up some warehouse space.
    I'd IMAGINE that would double their shipping costs and hours of labor. People have paid for one box to be shipped (Night Shift in its case) and if they ship separately that'll be two shipments. So they'd gain the space in the short term but they'd lose money.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd IMAGINE that would double their shipping costs and hours of labor. People have paid for one box to be shipped (Night Shift in its case) and if they ship separately that'll be two shipments. So they'd gain the space in the short term but they'd lose money.
    Yea cost is a factor as well. I don't know how much more expensive it'd be, but I suspect on shipping costs alone it'd be more than double, since slipcases and traycases can't be shipped via Media Mail.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Is everyone else seeing an error screen when trying to access the Cemetery Dance Forum?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it also.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Same here. :-(

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

not me
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

The CD website seems to be fine, it's just the forum. It now says this:

[IMG][/IMG]

It appears to be working now.

"We now return you to your regularly scheduled program."

Yeah I'm not sure exactly what happened. Someone seems to have gotten into the actual files for the forum and replaced the 2 files for the "root pages" of the forum with that. I've switched it back and deleted all of those files, also changed both the admin passwords on the forums and we've changed the website admin passwords. It looks like they didn't want to do any real damage, because with the access they had to the forums they could've just deleted everything (that said it's unlikely they would've had access to the database files at all). Anyways things are back up and the website people are hopefully looking for logs to see how the forums were breached.

Just as a quick note, I've temporarily disabled the forums again. Might be down for awhile, working with the website people to migrate / do a clean install of the software.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Forum was open and now it's down again. Or I just got bounced. Which would be a decision I'd agree with. Like Groucho I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member. Great, now I'll get bounced from here. Which is a decision Id agree with . . .

Forum was open and now it's down again. Or I just got bounced. Which would be a decision I'd agree with. Like Groucho I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member. Great, now I'll get bounced from here. Which is a decision Id agree with . . .
    "Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great, now I'll get bounced from here. Which is a decision Id agree with . . .
    Goodbye Jeff, you were clearly flying under the radar for far too long...

(hovers over delete user button.... )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Is there a 'make user rich beyond his/her wildest dreams' button?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Is there a 'make user rich beyond his/her wildest dreams' button?
    Yes. Send me $50 in cash and I'll tell you where to find it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Great, now I'll get bounced from here. Which is a decision Id agree with . . .
    Goodbye Jeff, you were clearly flying under the radar for far too long...

(hovers over delete user button.... )
    Before you do that, I'd like to make a very wordy, rambling speech that goes off on so many tangents that it contradicts itself and offends people of every identity group. I'll film it and edit on my phone using in-app music tracks to prolong the unease.

We're back now. My update didn't take last night. So I had them roll the server back a couple of days to when we were last stable, then I've done a fresh clean install of the forum software. Things look a little different over there now as the old style was non functuioning on the updates forum software, but I'm slowly working on making the current style look as close to the old one as I can get.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

We're back now. My update didn't take last night. So I had them roll the server back a couple of days to when we were last stable, then I've done a fresh clean install of the forum software. Things look a little different over there now as the old style was non functuioning on the updates forum software, but I'm slowly working on making the current style look as close to the old one as I can get.
    I feel your pain Dan

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The CD forum is down again. = (

This is the error I keep getting:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected end of file in ..../includes/init.php(357) : eval()'d code on line 428
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected end of file in ..../includes/init.php(357) : eval()'d code on line 428
    Same here. :-(

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was in the middle of buying a book from someone on the forums. LOL
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

Same here.

Hmm. I'm not sure what's happening. This is the error that showed up when the forums broke the 2nd time. It seems like they're good for a day, then when it rolls over to the next day they break. It's extra weird to, because I'm running a fresh install.

Country
    Country Flag

Need the forum back because there's a Borderlands Little Book thread that I need to update.

And typing that Jeff realized exactly how convoluted this all is. Here he was on the TDT forum asking Cemetery Dance to open their forum so he could discuss another publisher's books. Going to a forum to demand access to a different forum from a publisher to discuss a different publisher. It snapped him out of the reality he was barely in. He began writing about himself in the third person in order to complain about himself to himself in front of others. It was the sign that maybe he needed to go for a walk.

Also, for those collecting, Tom Monteleone is giving us Sarah Pinborough in the next Little Book even though he never mentioned her previously and this throws off my meticulous tracking of Little Books. Also also I love the stuff I've read from her so I'm not complaining.

And just like that Jeff realized he had an undeniable need to share information that no one asked for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 799 of 889 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 797 798 799 800 801 809 849 ... LastLast