Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 840 of 889 FirstFirst ... 340 740 790 830 838 839 840 841 842 850 ... LastLast
Results 20,976 to 21,000 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Please don’t change the rules because of idiots. Would it be easy to cancel all the orders for those that Were not supposed to order?

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Please don’t change the rules because of idiots. Would it be easy to cancel all the orders for those that Were not supposed to order?
    We can just switch to a locked page if necessary. It will be a little more cumbersome for folks but it will be secure.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Thanks Brian for the late night reply. I'll pass that on to them that they should make different plans while they can.
    Thank you!
    Maybe you should consider requiring a code to access the order page, like Suntup does during the rights preorder window. Looks like the page can easily be found without the link being shared.
    If people want to give us some money for a while, that’s kind of on them, right? That’s half a joke. People should know better, though.

The next signed by SK Limited Edition, if there is one, will be sold under different protocols since we can no longer trust people not to post the links on FB.

Brian
    It's incredible. The emails say explicitly "DON'T SHARE THIS" and less than 10 minutes later someone does or hints about it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Thanks Brian for the late night reply. I'll pass that on to them that they should make different plans while they can.
    Thank you!
    Maybe you should consider requiring a code to access the order page, like Suntup does during the rights preorder window. Looks like the page can easily be found without the link being shared.
    If people want to give us some money for a while, that’s kind of on them, right? That’s half a joke. People should know better, though.

The next signed by SK Limited Edition, if there is one, will be sold under different protocols since we can no longer trust people not to post the links on FB.

Brian
    As my kids would say- "100!"

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We can just switch to a locked page if necessary. It will be a little more cumbersome for folks but it will be secure.

Brian
    It was commented, and I tested it, that the CD Cujo order page was found by searching CD for “Cujo”. A couple of people who said they ordered form CD said they found it that way. I have no doubt that probably others with the secret email shared it, but it was found the old fashion way as well.

Traveler Dumakeybooks will become famous soon enough Dumakeybooks will become famous soon enough

Does anyone have a Doctor Sleep slipcase lying around? 😂. I need to purchase one for my signed edition.

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post

Brian
    It was commented, and I tested it, thatthe CD Cujo order page was found by searching CD for “Cujo”. A couple of people who said they ordered form CD said they found it that way. I have no doubt that probably others with the secret email shared it, but it was found the old fashion way as well.
    Yes, but why was anyone searching the wrong website for the book? Because people blabbed. And then other people saw a page that said “invitation only” and ordered anyway. It was bound to happen eventually.

Our main concern is that the collectors who have been ordering the PS Pub books from us for years get their number. The rest will sort itself out.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Remember the days of paper newsletters arriving in the snail mail? Imagine if the next publisher with a big SK Limited Edition only sold them that way! Ha...

This isn’t a hint about anything that is actually in the works. I just recently found a TON of newsletters from the old days, and I love the fact that I still have them to look at, you know? An email newsletter, even if saved, just ain’t the same!

Brian

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Remember the days of paper newsletters arriving in the snail mail? Imagine if the next publisher with a big SK Limited Edition only sold them that way! Ha...

This isn’t a hint about anything that is actually in the works. I just recently found a TON of newsletters from the old days, and I love the fact that I still have them to look at, you know? An email newsletter, even if saved, just ain’t the same!

Brian
    I have a few from Donald Grant floating around. Loved those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still have several from Drawing of the Three, and didn't Wastelands have one as well? We think our nerves are shot now? Just remember the days of having to have a postmark on a specific day, hope it doesn't get lost in the mail, and it gets past the day that you're supposed to know one way or another without getting notification, then waiting again for the book to show up undamaged without the up-to-date real-time news about where the shipping progress is in! Let's rejoice in our instant confirmations (whether they're later cancelled or not).

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Brian
    Oh, I've been holding back from digging through all my old Dark Harvest, Donald M Grant, Scream Press, Craig Goden's Time Tunnel, et al, old, great newsletters and posting them somewhere. The original listing descriptions and prices on some of the classic books now is fascinating. I love old catalogs, and you're right about email being not anywhere near the same. And, your stance here, Brian, is absolutely the right one on folks gaming the CD ordering protocols. As said by someone else here recently- the "Facebook Collectors" are ruining the great 'little" community we've all been a part of for a long time.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I wish it were still that way! I had much better luck back then. (there were also a lot less King collectors to compete with!)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have several of those but for me it was worse due to living outside USA. 😄
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post

Brian
    Oh, I've been holding back from digging through all my old Dark Harvest, Donald M Grant, Scream Press, Craig Goden's Time Tunnel, et al, old, great newsletters and posting them somewhere. The original listing descriptions and prices on some of the classic books now is fascinating. I love old catalogs, and you're right about email being not anywhere near the same. And, your stance here, Brian, is absolutely the right one on folks gaming the CD ordering protocols. As said by someone else here recently- the "Facebook Collectors" are ruining the great 'little" community we've all been a part of for a long time.
    “Ruining”? I have to comment here. How is more people sharing in our passion a bad thing? The majority here are still able to get the new limiteds at issue due to the relationships with publishers or “rights”. Our collections have risen in value because of the new collectors. That’s a bad thing? I think it’s great there are new young up and coming collectors that are here for when the older generations of collectors stop collecting. It’s happening now... and there is new blood to hold onto your treasures. I think that comment is sad... and really makes me shake my head as to why we all wouldn’t embrace those “Facebook collectors “. It’s insulting I think.... cause nothing makes us here ANY better than them... other than have been around longer. I have a real sense of pride for the work I’ve done on those platforms, helping new collectors and sharing the wisdom I’ve learned over the years. I hope that community thrives because sadly this one is slowing down day by day. It’s the way of the future for collectibles (not just king). No change isn’t always the greatest... but in this case? I cannot see why anyone would not welcome these changes. It would break my heart if there was no new collectors to pass my collection off to someday. The joy that brings to get an item? We all know it well and while your getting FAR more for your collection now when you do sell them someday and pass that joy on... I wonder if you will feel the same way then?🤔🤔🤔🤔
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a CDCC member and received no email on anything Cujo.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I don't believe it had anything to do with CDCC members. It is my understanding that it was for CD customers who had purchased PS books before and this was their chance to match their number of those purchases. It was also SUPPOSED to NOT be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Remaining copies will be offered to the CDCC. This is the only situation in which the CDCC is not notified first because people need to be able to get their matching numbers on things like this. It’s why I *try* to say “before the general public” when referring to the CDCC getting priority, but I’m sure I mess up and just say “first.” I would say 99% of the time, the CDCC is absolutely the first group.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Brian
    “Ruining”? I have to comment here. How is more people sharing in our passion a bad thing? The majority here are still able to get the new limiteds at issue due to the relationships with publishers or “rights”. Our collections have risen in value because of the new collectors. That’s a bad thing? I think it’s great there are new young up and coming collectors that are here for when the older generations of collectors stop collecting. It’s happening now... and there is new blood to hold onto your treasures. I think that comment is sad... and really makes me shake my head as to why we all wouldn’t embrace those “Facebook collectors “. It’s insulting I think.... cause nothing makes us here ANY better than them... other than have been around longer. I have a real sense of pride for the work I’ve done on those platforms, helping new collectors and sharing the wisdom I’ve learned over the years. I hope that community thrives because sadly this one is slowing down day by day. It’s the way of the future for collectibles (not just king). No change isn’t always the greatest... but in this case? I cannot see why anyone would not welcome these changes. It would break my heart if there was no new collectors to pass my collection off to someday. The joy that brings to get an item? We all know it well and while your getting FAR more for your collection now when you do sell them someday and pass that joy on... I wonder if you will feel the same way then?🤔🤔🤔🤔
    Very well said.

I think anyone who wants to join the family of SK collectors should be welcomed, but I get what others are saying, re: the impact of Facebook on the hobby. I also wonder how many of these new collectors will stick around? Is this a bubble? I have no clue! But I enjoy the discussion, and different POVs!

Brian

Good news for those who ordered CUJO because they found it on the site or someone shared a link, etc

I’m out camping this weekend, but luckily I have a cell signal! While digging through the orders and organizing them, I discovered something very helpful. We have “extra” copies of THE DEAD ZONE left to sell due to collectors “dropping out” of collecting these PS Pub editions, and the math works out almost perfectly that we have enough “extra” of CUJO for these unexpected orders for CUJO. If you emailed Mindy to cancel your CUJO order after you saw the previous conversation, feel free to write her and let her know you still want it, especially if you missed out at PS Pub directly.

For future books of this nature, we will just switch to using a locked page that requires a password, so there is no possibility of misunderstandings.

I’m calling it a day on my phone because I’m tired typing on it, ha! But please feel free to share this information to any other groups who might need to know. Thank you!

Brian

Edited because my tired fingers typed the wrong title in at least one place. Ha

My Mood
    Relaxed

Brian
    Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have made a cranky late night Post Bourbon generalization on a messageboard. Well, I'll have to stand by it then. I am sorry that you took offense to it, though, as I know you are very passionate about book collecting, and very helpful to anyone who asks. I've no problem with you, Kris, or Jeff, or most of the fine folks who've been here, and been around, and indeed- any of the new passionate Book Freaks who happen to use FB for their book collecting information and networking. Hell, I use it myself. But- I do think we come at book collecting in very different ways, Kris, and that's ok.

My comment has more to do with the sudden HUGE influx of Pandemic-Related Disposable Income Collectors Boom folks over there who have been driving up prices- in a lot of cases irresponsibly so- and making it nearly impossible for us long-timers to get the books we want anymore. I disagree that this is "good" for our hobby, but the good news is- I think it's temporary. I think a lot of these newer folks are going to move on, like the Sports Card Folks did years ago (even that's back now- see "Disposable Income" above). I've been in this great little niche a very long time and I disagree that it was "dying" before the Pandemic Boom. New blood in, new blood out, every few years, always the same. I don't place my enjoyment of collecting on how much more money my books are currently "worth". I know you don't either, despite what you said above. But, my enjoyment has diminished by not being able to secure books that I previously had been able to, and seeing a huge amount of immediate flipping for instant profit and a lot of hyped FOMO buying, which I do not think is healthy or good for our hobby.

And, I don't know, I just look at it like: if you were serious and passionate about all the really good and fun aspects of genre small press book collecting- you'd be here, with all of us fine folks! FB just has too many eyeballs, and I think there's a sweet spot of number of collectors to keep it fun for all. Just my cranky old Get Off MY Lawn opinion, though.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I personally have much greater concerns about Facebooks impact on society as a whole than I do its effect on a hobby. I chose not to participate in Facebook and for that I have missed out on opportunities to acquire some books I would love to have. That is my decision and is a price I have no issue paying to remain outside of the echo chamber that is Facebook.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Brian
    Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have made a cranky late night Post Bourbon generalization on a messageboard. Well, I'll have to stand by it then. I am sorry that you took offense to it, though, as I know you are very passionate about book collecting, and very helpful to anyone who asks. I've no problem with you, Kris, or Jeff, or most of the fine folks who've been here, and been around, and indeed- any of the new passionate Book Freaks who happen to use FB for their book collecting information and networking. Hell, I use it myself. But- I do think we come at book collecting in very different ways, Kris, and that's ok.

My comment has more to do with the sudden HUGE influx of Pandemic-Related Disposable Income Collectors Boom folks over there who have been driving up prices- in a lot of cases irresponsibly so- and making it nearly impossible for us long-timers to get the books we want anymore. I disagree that this is "good" for our hobby, but the good news is- I think it's temporary. I think a lot of these newer folks are going to move on, like the Sports Card Folks did years ago (even that's back now- see "Disposable Income" above). I've been in this great little niche a very long time and I disagree that it was "dying" before the Pandemic Boom. New blood in, new blood out, every few years, always the same. I don't place my enjoyment of collecting on how much more money my books are currently "worth". I know you don't either, despite what you said above. But, my enjoyment has diminished by not being able to secure books that I previously had been able to, and seeing a huge amount of immediate flipping for instant profit and a lot of hyped FOMO buying, which I do not think is healthy or good for our hobby.

And, I don't know, I just look at it like: if you were serious and passionate about all the really good and fun aspects of genre small press book collecting- you'd be here, with all of us fine folks! FB just has too many eyeballs, and I think there's a sweet spot of number of collectors to keep it fun for all. Just my cranky old Get Off MY Lawn opinion, though.
    I think the Facebook group doesn't necesarily ruin the hobby but it DOES have an insane impact on the prices things are going for these days.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    I wonder how many of the Facebook collectors you speak of have found their way here? Do you mention this website to them?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Brian
    “Ruining”? I have to comment here. How is more people sharing in our passion a bad thing? The majority here are still able to get the new limiteds at issue due to the relationships with publishers or “rights”. Our collections have risen in value because of the new collectors. That’s a bad thing? I think it’s great there are new young up and coming collectors that are here for when the older generations of collectors stop collecting. It’s happening now... and there is new blood to hold onto your treasures. I think that comment is sad... and really makes me shake my head as to why we all wouldn’t embrace those “Facebook collectors “. It’s insulting I think.... cause nothing makes us here ANY better than them... other than have been around longer. I have a real sense of pride for the work I’ve done on those platforms, helping new collectors and sharing the wisdom I’ve learned over the years. I hope that community thrives because sadly this one is slowing down day by day. It’s the way of the future for collectibles (not just king). No change isn’t always the greatest... but in this case? I cannot see why anyone would not welcome these changes. It would break my heart if there was no new collectors to pass my collection off to someday. The joy that brings to get an item? We all know it well and while your getting FAR more for your collection now when you do sell them someday and pass that joy on... I wonder if you will feel the same way then?
    I wonder how many of the Facebook collectors you speak of have found their way here? Do you mention this website to them?
    This gets mentioned A LOT. General feedback is that they find it an “old school” forum. Outdated. This was my first home and where I learned everything so it has a special place in my heart 100%. Some are probably here as guests I would assume as well. The Rare group has 2200 active members and 3200
    Or so check the page over the course of a week. 3700 total members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 840 of 889 FirstFirst ... 340 740 790 830 838 839 840 841 842 850 ... LastLast