Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 845 of 890 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 ... LastLast
Results 21,101 to 21,125 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I get updates on:

The Best of CD 2 - website says slipcases for the LE should be done by September. Any chance the books will be shipped by year end?
    Turn Down the Lights - website says book will be sent to printer as soon as possible. Any ideas when that will be?

Had these on order since 2013…

Thanks

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Can I get updates on:

The Best of CD 2 - website says slipcases for the LE should be done by September. Any chance the books will be shipped by year end?
    Turn Down the Lights - website says book will be sent to printer as soon as possible. Any ideas when that will be?

Thanks
    Geez.. What's the damn hurry ?
    I mean come-on, it's not like you've been waiting a decade.
    ,,Yet

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Can I get updates on:

Thanks
    ,,Yet
    Yeah, I’ve had best of CD 2 on order since first announced when it was called the 15 year celebration or something like that. Not 100% sure when that was, but it has to have been about 15 years ago.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Can I get updates on:

Thanks
    We’ll have to check with Rich about TDtL.

Dan can correct me if I’m wrong, but I would think the plan is to ship Best of CD 2 within a week or two of the slipcases arriving.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I get updates on:

Thanks
    Medieval monks could have transcribed these books faster while under siege.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is a weirdly specific question, but does anyone have the exact weight of the Sleeping Beauties gift edition? Thanks.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I know this is a weirdly specific question, but doesn't anyone have the exact weight of the Sleeping Beauties gift edition? Thanks.
    5lb 8.2oz

Edit: That's with the slipcase and a Brodart on the dust jacket.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I know this is a weirdly specific question, but doesn't anyone have the exact weight of the Sleeping Beauties gift edition? Thanks.
    5lb 8.2oz

Edit: That's with the slipcase and a Brodart on the dust jacket.
    Thanks! Appreciate the fast info.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Can I get updates on:

Thanks
    ,,Yet
    Yeah, I’ve had best of CD 2 on order since first announced when it was called the 15 year celebration or something like that. Not 100% sure when that was, but it has to have been about 15 years ago.
    15 yrs.. huh
    Well, you gotta hand it to Cemetery Dance.
    Marketing genius if you think about it.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

3 days ago, when I received the CD email from the desk of Richard Chizmar, I was stunned into silence. If you’ve seen just a few minutes of my YouTube channel then you know I physically cannot shut up.

After years of waiting for books to be published and months of being barraged with emails promoting Chizmar’s Boogeyman including being bribed with actual beautiful books, we all get this email From The Desk of Richard Chizmar. Foolishly, like someone in an abusive relationship who keeps making excuses to stay in the abusive relationship, I thought it would be an apology. Something along the lines of “Dear loyal customers, I’m thrilled to be back in the captain’s chair and ready to move these books through the production schedule. I promise you the distractions are over and I hope you can forgive me for pursuing my long-held passion to be on The NY Times best seller list. But now, get ready for some beautiful Cemetery Dance books!”

I was an idiot. Still am.

Because what we got instead was an email instructing us on how we can help him promote his book!!! Wow. I mean, I know we were all falling all over ourselves wondering how we could push that book up the charts (years of waiting be damned!) but nothing from the desk of Richard Chizmar about the epic wait for books—some of which are waiting only on his goddamned signature?!

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think I'm about one "Chasing the Boogeyman" e-mail away from unsubscribing from CD mailing lists.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Well you better not look at your emails today then! 😂😃🤪

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Well you better not look at your emails today then!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    3 days ago, when I received the CD email from the desk of Richard Chizmar, I was stunned into silence. If you’ve seen just a few minutes of my YouTube channel then you know I physically cannot shut up.

After years of waiting for books to be published and months of being barraged with emails promoting Chizmar’s Boogeyman including being bribed with actual beautiful books, we all get this email From The Desk of Richard Chizmar. Foolishly, like someone in an abusive relationship who keeps making excuses to stay in the abusive relationship, I thought it would be an apology. Something along the lines of “Dear loyal customers, I’m thrilled to be back in the captain’s chair and ready to move these books through the production schedule. I promise you the distractions are over and I hope you can forgive me for pursuing my long-held passion to be on The NY Times best seller list. But now, get ready for some beautiful Cemetery Dance books!”

Because what we got instead was an email instructing us on how we can help him promote his book!!! Wow. I mean, I know we were all falling all over ourselves wondering how we could push that book up the charts (years of waiting be damned!) but nothing from the desk of Richard Chizmar about the epic wait for books—some of which are waiting only on his goddamned signature?!

Wow.

HAHAHA!!!!!
    I got so fed up a month or so ago that I set up an email rule where any email with the word "boogeyman" automatically goes to my trash folder.

Country
    Country Flag

Damn! Well you shot yourself in the foot and missed today’s chance to win a $250 CD gift card just for buying CTB.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got a ‘free’ (which is to say I preordered it and was reimbursed with CD credit) ebook of CtB so no complaints there.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I got a ‘free’ (which is to say I preordered it and was reimbursed with CD credit) ebook of CtB so no complaints there.
    Win! I’d love to know what you think of the story.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll try to read it soon, just have a bit of a backlog. It seems to be getting positive reviews though.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

I’ll try to read it soon, just have a bit of a backlog. It seems to be getting positive reviews though.
    Currently a 4.36 on Goodreads. That’s a solid rating. I’d have every confidence I’d enjoy reading a book rated that highly.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Currently a 4.36 on Goodreads. That’s a solid rating. I’d have every confidence I’d enjoy reading a book rated that highly.

I enjoyed it but did not love it. Fiction that reads like true crime is right in my wheelhouse so I expected more. Two areas that reduced my enjoyment. The first is that the story is being narrated by a person with no real insight into the crimes. Just happened to live in the area and wanted to be a horror writer. The second is that there was too much information about the narrator (a fictional Richard Chizmar). I really enjoy Chizmar's shorter fiction. The collection 'A Long December' is fantastic. This one was a decent read but, in my view, would have been better suited as a novella.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post

I enjoyed it but did not love it. Fiction that reads like true crime is right in my wheelhouse so I expected more. Two areas that reduced my enjoyment. The first is that the story is being narrated by a person with no real insight into the crimes. Just happened to live in the area and wanted to be a horror writer. The second is that there was too much information about the narrator (a fictional Richard Chizmar). I really enjoy Chizmar's shorter fiction. The collection 'A Long December' is fantastic. This one was a decent read but, in my view, would have been better suited as a novella.
    Appreciate the honest review. I had similar issues to a much worse degree with Girl on the Porch. Maybe I’ll give Long Way Home a try.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Appreciate the honest review. I had similar issues to a much worse degree with Girl on the Porch. Maybe I’ll give Long Way Home a try.

I enjoyed 'Girl in the Porch'. In my view 'A Long December' is much better than 'Long Way Home'. Just keep in mind that you are getting reading advice from a person who loves Bentley Little's 'The Mailman'.

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed 'Girl in the Porch'. In my view 'A Long December' is much better than 'Long Way Home'. Just keep in mind that you are getting reading advice from a person who loves Bentley Little's 'The Mailman'.
    Your opinion carries a lot of weight with me despite that obvious flaw.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.
    I swear their goal this year has been to goad the most forgiving, optimistic, longstanding customers into an existential rage via Chasing the Boogeyman promotions and continued production delays.

On one hand, I have started to fervently hope for their demise - they are a literal ponzi scheme, with each new pre-order paying for the production of past pre-orders and absolutely no hope of every becoming solvent, and every time an author like Ann Rice or Joe Hill or Jeff VanderMeer or Gillian Flynn gets tricked into releasing a limited edition with them, that's one more book that could have been something awesome with another publisher but instead will end up a mediocre volume published 5+ years after announcement. They are a huge old shitty tree, and when it finally falls lots of vibrant undergrowth can take over and make a beautiful space for new, better trees to take root and flourish.

Imagine what any number of new small presses (Lyra's, Midworld, Lividian, Amaranthine, Arete, etc.) could have done with Interview with the Vampire or Strange Weather or The Southern Reach Trilogy... Let alone what someone like Suntup Editions or Centipede Press could have done! That should give you an idea of what we're all missing out on because Cemetery Dance continues to sputter along...

On the other hand, the few people we interact with here - Brian, Dan, Mindy - are just phenomenal, and I would never wish for something unfortunate to befall them! And I have to imagine that however CD finally ends, it's not going to look very pretty for people whose last names aren't "Chizmar"...

Country
    Country Flag

PERFECTLY stated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 845 of 890 FirstFirst ... 345 745 795 835 843 844 845 846 847 855 ... LastLast