Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 827 of 889 FirstFirst ... 327 727 777 817 825 826 827 828 829 837 877 ... LastLast
Results 20,651 to 20,675 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Got my shipping notice for the Night Shift artist edition (YAY!!!!!!!!).

Can't wait to see it! Did we ever get pictures of this?
    I didn't have a chance to take any "official" photos yet, but here are two quickies inside a spoiler tag since I know some folks like to skip the photos until they get their copy:

SPOILER
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m not crazy about Dameron’s art for The Stand so I’m happy they’re including a new artist.

The originals are being sold here if anyone wants to see them.

https://www.wow-art.com/ned-dameron
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I’m not crazy about Dameron’s art for The Stand so I’m happy they’re including a new artist.

The originals are being sold here if anyone wants to see them.

https://www.wow-art.com/ned-dameron
    I agree, not too impressed. Is that "Woody Woodpecker/The Visit" for real? Was that in the book?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There’s just this bit.

The front lawn of the house was a weird tableau of statues. There were a dozen Virgin Marys, some of them apparently in the act of feeding flocks of pink plastic lawn flamingos. The largest of the flamingos was taller than Tom himself and anchored to the ground on a single leg that ended in a four-foot spike. There was a giant wishing well with a large plastic glow-in-the-dark Jesus standing in the ornamental bucket with His hands outstretched … apparently to bless the pink flamingos. Beside the wishing well was a large plaster cow who was apparently drinking from a birdbath.
    Just some weird choices for scenes overall. Like why there’s such an emphasis on naked/scantily clad women (and did Nadine really need two pieces?).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

I didn't have a chance to take any "official" photos yet, but here are two quickies inside a spoiler tag since I know some folks like to skip the photos until they get their copy:

PRETTY, thank you!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to PS Publishing, their tranche of Night Shift should be delivered in mid-February. Can’t wait.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    According to PS Publishing, their tranche of Night Shift should be delivered in mid-February. Can’t wait.
    Shipping those was an ordeal.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...why there’s such an emphasis on naked/scantily clad women...
    Something I don't normally flag as a problem, but ok.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

There’s not exactly a dearth to be found elsewhere. I’d rather have some illustrations of Flagg or Trashcan Man or the tunnel scene.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Shipping those was an ordeal.
    Why was that, Dan?

Hopefully you’ll continue to sell the remaining Doubleday Years releases via PS?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There’s not exactly a dearth to be found elsewhere. I’d rather have some illustrations of Flagg or Trashcan Man or the tunnel scene.
    I see your point, but the 15-year old in me was unable to refrain from basically saying "hey I like boobs!"

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian & Dan, When do you expect CD to start shipping your Lividian 20 CG's?

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    ...can we expect general public sale/notice of The Stand soon? I'm not asking about the publication date (that will be what it will be), but the official announcement usually carries more info with it, and that's what I'm after.
    No set timetable at the moment. Personally, I’d like to wait until it is headed to the printer, but we will see.

Brian
    This should become CD policy for announcing new titles. No disrespect intended but with the gap (both pre & during pandemic) between book announcements/order taking and publication it's well past time to change the business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    ...can we expect general public sale/notice of The Stand soon? I'm not asking about the publication date (that will be what it will be), but the official announcement usually carries more info with it, and that's what I'm after.
    No set timetable at the moment. Personally, I’d like to wait until it is headed to the printer, but we will see.

Brian
    This should become CD policy for announcing new titles. No disrespect intended but with the gap (both pre & during pandemic) between book announcements/order taking and publication it's well past time to change the business model.
    As noted several times recently, this basically has been the policy for the last year with a few exceptions... which is to say, sometimes I win a few battles here and there. Ha...

To expand on this, of our last 30 announcements, 9 were "surprise in-stock titles" meaning they were in the warehouse prior to being announced and 7 were at the printer and published a few months later.

Of the remaining titles, 4 were announced when they were because they were trade editions and trade editions need at least an 8 month window for promotion and marketing. (Hence why the new King book is being announced by Scribner today even though it won't be out until August -- there are a lot of wheels to turn with a trade edition to sell it properly through the distributors and bookstore.) One title was announced when it was because of when the trade edition from another publisher was supposed to be published, but that trade edition was pushed back by the trade publisher and we cannot publish before them.

Of the remaining titles, *several* weren't as far into production as I would prefer, but in general, this seems like a lot of improvement to me.

It doesn't excuse the older books that are still in production, but it is progress, I think.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if CD will announce a limited edition of "Billy Summers"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Brian
    As noted several times recently, this basically has been the policy for the last year with a few exceptions... which is to say, sometimes I win a few battles here and there. Ha...

To expand on this, of our last 30 announcements, 9 were "surprise in-stock titles" meaning they were in the warehouse prior to being announced and 7 were at the printer and published a few months later.

Of the remaining titles, 4 were announced when they were because they were trade editions and trade editions need at least an 8 month window for promotion and marketing. (Hence why the new King book is being announced by Scribner today even though it won't be out until August -- there are a lot of wheels to turn with a trade edition to sell it properly through the distributors and bookstore.) One title was announced when it was because of when the trade edition from another publisher was supposed to be published, but that trade edition was pushed back by the trade publisher and we cannot publish before them.

Of the remaining titles, *several* weren't as far into production as I would prefer, but in general, this seems like a lot of improvement to me.

It doesn't excuse the older books that are still in production, but it is progress, I think.

Brian
    Brian,

Thank you for the update and clarification. I have been off the CD train since pre-ordering Night Shift. If the trend continues and future titles are appealing it will be worth consideration.

Thank you for the update and clarification. I have been off the CD train since pre-ordering Night Shift. If the trend continues and future titles are appealing it will be worth consideration.
    I am very hopeful the trend continues, but we will see. I can only promise to keep pushing for it... and I will! The closer the announcements are to publication, the happier the customers AND the staff tend be. But many of the key decisions are above our pay grade, as they say. So, I just keep on pushing for what I think is best... and, of course, applying lessons I've learned over the last 19 years to other projects I'm working on...

Brian

I am very hopeful the trend continues, but we will see. I can only promise to keep pushing for it... and I will! The closer the announcements are to publication, the happier the customers AND the staff tend be. But many of the key decisions are above our pay grade, as they say. So, I just keep on pushing for what I think is best... and, of course, applying lessons I've learned over the last 19 years to other projects I'm working on...

Brian
    You're doing a great job with Lividan and if the "higher pay grade" would allow you to have the same autonomy at CD it is likely none of the bottle neck issues and delays would occur!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Look what Cemetery Dance sent me today! The book is fine but the slipcase is damaged. Looks a lot worse in person. I emailed them and hope they've got an undamaged one to replace mine with.

WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    Look what Cemetery Dance sent me today! The book is fine but the slipcase is damaged. Looks a lot worse in person. I emailed them and hope they've got an undamaged one to replace mine with.

Wow, that might be a prize winner! And yep, Mindy can send you a replacement. Sorry about that!

Brian

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

Wow, that might be a prize winner! And yep, Mindy can send you a replacement. Sorry about that!

Brian
    LOL! No worries. I emailed her a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I thought I posted this question, but I don't see it here (if this is a duplication, apologies, I tried...):

I seem to recall from previous Night Shift updates that, in addition to the black/white illustrations, there would be a few (3 or 4?) color illustrations (interior, not to be confused with the limitation page or dust jacket). It turns out there are no such interior color illustrations, nor does the product page on CD's site mention any, so I may have imagined this, but...does anyone else remember seeing this?

I thought I posted this question, but I don't see it here (if this is a duplication, apologies, I tried...):

I seem to recall from previous Night Shift updates that, in addition to the black/white illustrations, there would be a few (3 or 4?) color illustrations (interior, not to be confused with the limitation page or dust jacket). It turns out there are no such interior color illustrations, nor does the product page on CD's site mention any, so I may have imagined this, but...does anyone else remember seeing this?
    The color artwork has always just been for the DJs, but the announcement originally said that Mark was contributing color artwork, which some people interpreted to mean interiors as well. We clarified it but I totally understand why that phrasing could be confusing!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So Mark contributed with the cover for all the editions but the illustration he made for the gift cover isn't present in the artist and the one in the AE isn't in the gift (I don't recall seeing the cover for the lettered)?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The color artwork has always just been for the DJs, but the announcement originally said that Mark was contributing color artwork, which some people interpreted to mean interiors as well. We clarified it but I totally understand why that phrasing could be confusing!
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 827 of 889 FirstFirst ... 327 727 777 817 825 826 827 828 829 837 877 ... LastLast