Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 890 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 619 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Brain great work with the new 'production status' page, very informative and it's nice to see all the books together!
    Thanks! Here is the page for anyone who doesn't get the newsletter: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

(Let me know if I missed any announced titles you're curious about, but I *think* I caught them all... There are 35 or more unannounced titles at various stages of production right now, but they won't be added to that page until they are announced.)

My goal is to update that unified Production Update page while still updating the product pages as well. Some folks never knew the latest production update for each book was on the product page -- and considering how LONG some of the pages are, I understand why! -- so that is also something we're addressing with our new website that will be launched this summer. It's a total redesign of the website from the ground up, with a lot of improvements.

If you have any suggestions for changes/improvements to the website or how the website works, please EMAIL me directly so I can add your thoughts to my running list: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Kudos on the new update page... I like it!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Haha....can't you just say "and we're including an issue of The Atlantic with SK's new story!" Is the hyperbole about "selling out" and "underestimating demand" or "spoke to the publisher" really necessary? I have a feeling that if you really want a newstand copy, you could find one - a brand new yearly subscription is only $12...haha...
    ha! I'm sure you will be able to find copies of this issue on the newsstand. Not everyone likes to go to the newsstand or has one near them, though. We also have a lot of King collectors on our list who are from other countries and don't always have access to American publications.

In the sales copy, I was just referencing at least two cases in the past that I know of where a magazine sold out quickly because the publisher didn't realize King is really popular. I know it sounds like a dumb thing not to realize, but it has happened.

This deal will appeal to some collectors and not others. We're including a pretty cool comic about King's life and an exclusive new chapbook about King's work as part of the bundle. Some collectors really like our chapbooks. So for collectors who like those things, I think this is a neat deal. But everyone's milage will vary.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_SKGB11A

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Brian I know CD just changed mailing lists providers and I did get the confirmation email, BUT I did not get the email notice for this grab bag - fortunately I read it here and have placed an order. Partially as I have always supported Kevin Quigly and count him as a good friend.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Brian I know CD just changed mailing lists providers and I did get the confirmation email, BUT I did not get the email notice for this grab bag - fortunately I read it here and have placed an order. Partially as I have always supported Kevin Quigly and count him as a good friend.
    Thanks for the heads-up! Let me check a few things... can I drop you an email tomorrow morning when I know more about why you might not have gotten it?

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up! Let me check a few things... can I drop you an email tomorrow morning when I know more about why you might not have gotten it?

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Here is the page for anyone who doesn't get the newsletter: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION
    Lettered Editions:
    As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall.

Fall. Groan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Lettered Editions:
    As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall.

Fall. Groan!
    The complete update from the page:

"As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. Part of the problem was because we had to cut ties with one of our hand-binders. That process took a while to resolve and then the extra work overwhelmed our other binder. The good news is, ALL of the overdue titles are now completely bound and are just waiting on their traycases. Of course, now our traycase maker is overwhelmed by the flood of titles landing on his desk all at the same time. We are working with our traycase maker, who is just a one man shop, and we're also looking for some alternative traycase makers who can provide the quality product our collectors expect and might be able to help us catch up faster. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall. Thank you for your patience."

Catching up on the Lettered Editions has always been part of the plan, and although I know we all would have loved it if we could have done everything all at once, it just wasn't realistic or feasible.

Rich and I spent a lot of time in 2009 putting the pieces in place so that we could make a serious push to wipe the slate clean of "older" books and get everyone what they are owed as soon as possible.

Phase One, which was last year, involved catching up on A LOT of the pre-2010 preorders that had lingered too long for one reason or another. We published 35 books, about 1/2 of which were "older." In fact, we got through most of the older ones where we weren't waiting on something from someone else (books we never should have announced in the first place because they weren't "done" enough -- a mistake we're trying to never make again!)

Phase Two happens this year and includes catching up on as many of the Lettered Editions as possible and almost all of the remaining "older preorders." Considering we now have ALL of the old Lettered Editions bound, which was a huge part of the problem, we are halfway there. Now we just have to solve the traycase logjam, which I'm working on just about every day.

Phase Three will be in 2012, which will see the last couple pre-2010 preorders (ones that still need manuscripts as of right now and won't happen in 2011 at this point) and whatever older Lettered Editions still need finished.

If all goes to plan, at the end of 2012, there will be NO preorders from before 2012 on the list... that includes Lettered Editions.

So it's a process, and it's not as fast as everyone would like -- trust me, I'd be glad to be done with it! -- but this process has been carefully planned to keep goals realistic and achievable so that our collectors get the books they are owed. Everything may not happen exactly as planned, but we're going to keep pushing like we have been for the last 18+ months to see it through...

Hope this helps! If there's a particular title you want a more specific update, just let me know! My email address is always in every post.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the 7th book from last years book club yesterday too ... Stories from the Plague Years
    So happy that i signed up for the book club, yes it is going over 2 years instead of one but i have got some great titles
    and i can't wait for Four Ghosts to come out later this year

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    I got the 7th book from last years book club yesterday too ... Stories from the Plague Years
    So happy that i signed up for the book club, yes it is going over 2 years instead of one but i have got some great titles
    and i can't wait for Four Ghosts to come out later this year
    Stories From the Plague Years is a great book, and it sold out in something like 9 days after publication, so hopefully it'll be a good collectible, too!

Four Ghosts has turned into a very cool book... For those who joined the Book Club "just" to get something no one else would have, we hear from several collectors each week asking if we'll ever be selling any other editions of Four Ghosts, and the answer will always be the same: nope! This book is only being printed once. No paperbacks, no eBooks. It's turned into a really beautiful production, too, so I hope the general readers like it as well.

We tried to really emphasize that this wouldn't be an "of the month" Club because we knew that was never a schedule we could keep, but you will have all of your selections before the end of this year for sure! Watch for some more email updates in the spring and summer as the other selections work their way through the process at the printer. (All of the other titles you'll be getting are unannounced to the general public at this point!)

Thanks again for joining the Book Club!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

(All of the other titles you'll be getting are unannounced to the general public at this point!
    Great to know! Thanks, Brian.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Lettered Editions:

Fall. Groan!
    The complete update from the page:

"As our collectors already know, the Lettered Editions are, unfortunately, quite behind schedule. Part of the problem was because we had to cut ties with one of our hand-binders. That process took a while to resolve and then the extra work overwhelmed our other binder. The good news is, ALL of the overdue titles are now completely bound and are just waiting on their traycases. Of course, now our traycase maker is overwhelmed by the flood of titles landing on his desk all at the same time. We are working with our traycase maker, who is just a one man shop, and we're also looking for some alternative traycase makers who can provide the quality product our collectors expect and might be able to help us catch up faster. We hope to make a big dent in the rest of the list this summer and fall. Thank you for your patience."

Catching up on the Lettered Editions has always been part of the plan, and although I know we all would have loved it if we could have done everything all at once, it just wasn't realistic or feasible.

Rich and I spent a lot of time in 2009 putting the pieces in place so that we could make a serious push to wipe the slate clean of "older" books and get everyone what they are owed as soon as possible.

Phase One, which was last year, involved catching up on A LOT of the pre-2010 preorders that had lingered too long for one reason or another. We published 35 books, about 1/2 of which were "older." In fact, we got through most of the older ones where we weren't waiting on something from someone else (books we never should have announced in the first place because they weren't "done" enough -- a mistake we're trying to never make again!)

Phase Two happens this year and includes catching up on as many of the Lettered Editions as possible and almost all of the remaining "older preorders." Considering we now have ALL of the old Lettered Editions bound, which was a huge part of the problem, we are halfway there. Now we just have to solve the traycase logjam, which I'm working on just about every day.

Phase Three will be in 2012, which will see the last couple pre-2010 preorders (ones that still need manuscripts as of right now and won't happen in 2011 at this point) and whatever older Lettered Editions still need finished.

If all goes to plan, at the end of 2012, there will be NO preorders from before 2012 on the list... that includes Lettered Editions.

So it's a process, and it's not as fast as everyone would like -- trust me, I'd be glad to be done with it! -- but this process has been carefully planned to keep goals realistic and achievable so that our collectors get the books they are owed. Everything may not happen exactly as planned, but we're going to keep pushing like we have been for the last 18+ months to see it through...

Hope this helps! If there's a particular title you want a more specific update, just let me know! My email address is always in every post.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Might help make amends if CD shipped completed lettered editions now and shipped corresponding traycases as they become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Might help make amends if CD shipped completed lettered editions now and shipped corresponding traycases as they become available.
    It's something I've thought about. Although I like the idea, because it would get a lot of books out of the warehouse and make the collectors 50% happy, the logistical nightmare this would create is not something we even want to consider. We'd have to fill all of the orders in our system, and then we'd have to recreate each order manually so we could ship the traycase when it arrives... it practically guarantees something would go wrong, orders would be lost in the mess, some people would never get their traycases... And some people would be selling the Lettered Editions without the cases instead of waiting, etc, and we'd be expected to send the traycases to the buyer, etc.

The time involved to fill and then recreate the orders in the system would be incredible, taking people away from production and processing current orders. It's asking for a lot of possible problems to ship the books separately instead of pushing forward with our plan and doing the things we need to do to get caught-up.

Ultimately, I've talked to A LOT of our Lettered Edition collectors and they basically all say the same thing: "It'll be worth the wait." Anyone who is unhappy, of course, we can refund right away. I know that's not as good as having the book you want, but there's a reason we're handling this process the way we are. The goal is to be in a position where there are 'no' older books to catch-up on, and we don't fall behind again because we're making better decisions about what to buy and, more importantly, when to announce it.

The first three Lettered Editions of 2011 will be shipping next week (three Simon Clark books), with more to come with each passing month. I'm writing the Full Dark, No Stars Lettered Edition update right now, in fact, and it's going to make a lot of collectors very happy! (FDNS is being bound and boxed by an entirely different company that only works with special, high-end projects.)

I thank you for the suggestion!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Last edited by Brian James Freeman; 03-24-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typos!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have a couple of lettered editions ordered from CD (first ones I've ever been able to order before they sold out) and I think the waiting, no matter how long it takes, is half the fun of the purchase. Once you do get the book it's, ok, so now what?

Just kidding (sort of) about the 'so now what' part.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing that comic about king;s life is ORBIT STEPHEN KING from BLUEWATER PRODUCTIONS, am I right?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    I'm guessing that comic about king;s life is ORBIT STEPHEN KING from BLUEWATER PRODUCTIONS, am I right?
    Yep! I've heard good things, so I'm hoping folks will find it to be a fun little oddity!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

We're very pleased to report Publishers Weekly has awarded Shivers VI a highly sought-after Starred Review. Very few books receive one of these, so it's a huge deal to the booksellers and distributors -- it really makes the book standout in the marketplace!

What does this mean for our collectors and general readers? Well, we were already down to less than 100 copies left of the second printing, and these copies are flying out the door. We have not yet decided if we're going to do a third printing, and the turn-around time will be about six weeks if we did decide to print more copies, so we recommend you don't wait if you haven't picked up a copy yet.

Here is that terrific review:

"Stephen King tops the list with “The Crate,” a darkly funny monster-on-the rampage tale rarely reprinted since its first publication in 1979. Lisa Tuttle’s “Bits and Pieces” is a deft and disturbing fantasia on the battle of the sexes, and Peter Straub’s novella “A Special Place: The Heart of a Dark Matter” is a grim tale whose stand-alone incarnation was named one of 2010’s best books by PW. The other 18 stories, which include work by Glen Hirshberg, Melanie Tem, Brian Hodge, and David B. Silva, run the gamut from supernatural terror to psychological suspense, and from subtle dark fantasy to violence and gore. The uniformly high quality of writing makes this volume a must for any horror fan."

Here is the link to read more about the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar15

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The other 18 stories
    That's me -- my pseudonym is "and others." My middle name changes on occasion. Here it's "18"

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The other 18 stories
    That's me -- my pseudonym is "and others." My middle name changes on occasion. Here it's "18"
    HA!

Brian

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

We're very pleased to report Publishers Weekly has awarded Shivers VI a highly sought-after Starred Review. Very few books receive one of these, so it's a huge deal to the booksellers and distributors -- it really makes the book standout in the marketplace!

What does this mean for our collectors and general readers? Well, we were already down to less than 100 copies left of the second printing, and these copies are flying out the door. We have not yet decided if we're going to do a third printing, and the turn-around time will be about six weeks if we did decide to print more copies, so we recommend you don't wait if you haven't picked up a copy yet.

Here is that terrific review:

"Stephen King tops the list with “The Crate,” a darkly funny monster-on-the rampage tale rarely reprinted since its first publication in 1979. Lisa Tuttle’s “Bits and Pieces” is a deft and disturbing fantasia on the battle of the sexes, and Peter Straub’s novella “A Special Place: The Heart of a Dark Matter” is a grim tale whose stand-alone incarnation was named one of 2010’s best books by PW. The other 18 stories, which include work by Glen Hirshberg, Melanie Tem, Brian Hodge, and David B. Silva, run the gamut from supernatural terror to psychological suspense, and from subtle dark fantasy to violence and gore. The uniformly high quality of writing makes this volume a must for any horror fan."

Here is the link to read more about the book:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar15

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    The Straub novella is excellent.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Hi Brian,

What's the status on the Doug Winter book on Clive Barker? Has that gone on sale yet (pre-order?)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Hi Brian,

What's the status on the Doug Winter book on Clive Barker? Has that gone on sale yet (pre-order?)

Thanks!
    We actually accepted pre-orders for a long time, but I took the option off the site a few years back when I saw how stalled the project had become. I will have a really solid idea of what's going to happen with this one by the end of summer. Thanks for asking!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys. Just got an email from CD about Chadbourne remarqued Legacies (numbered, signed limited) for $549. First come first served!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Expensive as heck, but that is tempting.

One thing of note, I hope we get the Big Book of Necon sometime soon. I received a trade edition in a grab bag some time ago and it's really a very good looking book. I can't wait till we see the Limited Edition of this one.
    Geoff

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh BOY!

did I just read my email correctly?

My Blockade Billy LETTERED edition has shipped and is on the way....?

Waaaahoooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Expensive as heck, but that is tempting.

One thing of note, I hope we get the Big Book of Necon sometime soon. I received a trade edition in a grab bag some time ago and it's really a very good looking book. I can't wait till we see the Limited Edition of this one.
    Not too much longer! Here's the latest production update on the signed editions of The Big Book of Necon:

"We have great news for fans of this anthology and the patient collectors who have been waiting on the signed editions. The last of the signature sheets have found their way back to us, and we'll be sending this title to the printer in the spring. We can't set a firm publication date yet because we'll need the real books for our slipcase and traycase makers due to the high number of signature sheet tip-ins because we want them to get the sizing just right, but we wanted you to know the book was moving forward."

Not being able to use a dummy book for the sizing creates some lag time between the printer finishing their job and the slipcases being ready, but we'll stay on it.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Have any customers asked for refunds for that book? I'd like to buy a copy if that were possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 890 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 219 619 ... LastLast