Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 879 of 889 FirstFirst ... 379 779 829 869 877 878 879 880 881 ... LastLast
Results 21,951 to 21,975 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    What is the limitation of the CD "The Stand" portfolio?

THe newsletter and product page says it's "limited" but do not give a printrun
    I believe that the "Night Shift" one was 750 copies
    The email offering this stated a limitation of 350.
    We definitely have recieved a different email then.
    Mine says nothing.
    But good to know, thanks !

I wonder why the limitation is only half of what it was for "Night Shift"? Surely "The Stand" is a more popular book

It is only mentioned in the email to the CDCC email.

Not sure why they changed limitation, was trying to match portfolio number to book number, but my book number is greater then 350.
    CD did indeed remove the 350; think the reason might be the portfolio kept selling (it's still not sold-out, and with only 350 available that doesn't really make sense) so they decided to life the 350 ban. I'd definitely get in touch with CD and ask if they can match your AE-numbered. I did, but then my number was below 350.

sk
    it always bothers me when a limit is changed to a larger print run. A smaller print run ( as advertised) meant higher collectability, If I buy something limited to 350 and then find that limitation changed I feel bamboozled , lured by a low run only to have that change. Other publishers have done this ( Borderlands I am staring directly at YOU) . Just for the record, I did not buy the portfolio anyway, just saying. I don't like it no sir
    Yes but the numbered artists editions for the DD years have all had a limitation of 750 as well as the portfolios. So removing the possibility for 400 customers to match their portfolio (or even get one) goes right out the window. It's a bit of a puzzling decision.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sold out now.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have seen NO-ONE talking about it, although amazon says that the release date was a couple of weeks ago : was "A FACE IN THE CROWD / THE LONGEST DECEMBER" actually released on march 7th?

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it is released yet, as it says "usually ships within 4 to 5 weeks" (I think they mean years).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have seen NO-ONE talking about it, although amazon says that the release date was a couple of weeks ago : was "A FACE IN THE CROWD / THE LONGEST DECEMBER" actually released on march 7th?

Nope

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

This--along with the disaster that was CD Magazine 78 (misspelling King's name?! along with pathetic shipping and NEW REVIEWS for books such as If It Bleeds)--is addressed in a nice apology on the product update page. https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just recently cancelled all open orders except for the remaining double day years Stand & Pet Sematary. 27 orders in total but many were so old they were purchased years ago with the 50% of gift certificate which was a good deal then but now has left me with a large account credit, about 40% of the total refund.

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    I just recently cancelled all open orders except for the remaining double day years Stand & Pet Sematary. 27 orders in total but many were so old they were purchased years ago with the 50% of gift certificate which was a good deal then but now has left me with a large account credit, about 40% of the total refund.
    I considered doing the same thing (I have pre-paid for maybe 14 books); since I also bought double-your-money gift certificates and made multiple purchases on July the 4th sales, I ultimately decided against it. What would I do with the store credit? The CD magazine fiasco is just the latest dumpster fire. It is sad to see what CD has become, and I wonder how long they can proceed on bad faith.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Which Pet Sem editions were available for preorder today?

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

Another money grab from our CD friends ... can't say what it is, as the email swears us to secrecy ... but if they sell through all 3 editions that will be another $822,250 in revenue ... forthcoming in 2024, yeah right ... is taking all that cash even legal? It certainly seems unethical.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I received the email but didn't see it until now, and the link no longer works. I'd already decided to skip PS, but if it looks nice enough, well...so I'd like to see what they've cooked up.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

John F. Kennedy programmer is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool

Got email too but hesitated as I feel this company has cash flow issues. I doubt if they can deliver the stand on time. I pity those people who prepaid for this series in bulk a long time ago.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any of PS versions signed by King?
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    No, none of the CD Doubleday editions have been signed by King.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Was the email sent to CDCC members? I didn’t get anything…
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For PS versions, King signs the lettered editions.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Which Pet Sem editions were available for preorder today?
    Gift and Artist editions.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    For PS versions, King signs the lettered editions.
    ...just paid closer attention and realized you were asking about Pet Semetary, not PS Publishing, sorry for the confusion. (I'm a dumbass, it's a CD thread after all.)

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I received the email but didn't see it until now, and the link no longer works. I'd already decided to skip PS, but if it looks nice enough, well...so I'd like to see what they've cooked up.
    Perhaps this is why the link no longer works. From the email they sent out:

"Please note: If we see any public mentions of this on social media or message boards, we will have no choice but to disable the link for everyone."

Well I have the money now but no link. Must sit and wait and never leave again for fear of missing my next and maybe last shot at a complete matched set.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post

"Please note: If we see any public mentions of this on social media or message boards, we will have no choice but to disable the link for everyone."
    I have nothing to go on besides my gut feeling but I don't think CD truly cares if we share the link. They can only stand to make more money in a shorter period of time if we do. Reverse psychology 101 brought to you by the sketchiest publisher in the industry.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Well I have the money now but no link. Must sit and wait and never leave again for fear of missing my next and maybe last shot at a complete matched set.
    "Status: forthcoming 2024"

I wouldn't fret. There's bound to be another super secret pre-sale, and then a regular pre-sale, and then a general public sale.

Not that I'm cynical, you see.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post

This is wholly on them.
    They should be capable of sending a link that only works when logged in for certain accounts, or the ability to verify a purchase against previous orders. Or at least having a one time generated password that goes with the email (eg everyone gets a different password that only works once)

Customers aren't responsible for maintaining this company's marketing scheme

Anyone who wanted this probably got the link anyway because CD sends ten billion emails. It was already dead 2 hours after sending though

Anyway I'm happy to skip this one anyway, thinking of cancelling The Stand as well tbh. I wish another publisher was in charge of these books

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Weird I didn't get the email. Maybe they filtered out those who already had a copy ordered? I did get a couple of other CDCC emails yesterday though.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Different SDCC levels?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 879 of 889 FirstFirst ... 379 779 829 869 877 878 879 880 881 ... LastLast