Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 867 of 890 FirstFirst ... 367 767 817 857 865 866 867 868 869 877 ... LastLast
Results 21,651 to 21,675 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I meant was a while back it was just Dameron but (I think?) King wasn't crazy about the art and they brought on a second artist as a result. We didn't know who it was until now. Chadbourne is just doing the limitation sheet iirc.

And to be honest I don't blame King at all. (Not saying it's bad art but it's not something that fits 'The Stand' in my opinion.)

https://www.wow-art.com/ned-dameron

I do think it's nice, though, that CD didn't scrap Dameron's art. Gabriel Rodriguez did art for 'The Shining' for Subterranean Press and there was a huge backlash so they replaced him entirely. I still wonder what that would have looked like.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Three artists brings back vibes of the IT 25th anniversary. Can’t wait to see how it looks!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Three artists brings back vibes of the IT 25th anniversary. Can’t wait to see how it looks!
    If i recall correctly regarding IT, wasn't Glenn just for the limitation page? And I guess, interior art vs dustjacket?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If i recall correctly regarding IT, wasn't Glenn just for the limitation page? And I guess, interior art vs dustjacket?
    Glen Orbik did the cover art and Alan Clark and Erin Wells did the interiors.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    What I meant was a while back it was just Dameron but (I think?) King wasn't crazy about the art and they brought on a second artist as a result. We didn't know who it was until now. Chadbourne is just doing the limitation sheet iirc.

And to be honest I don't blame King at all. (Not saying it's bad art but it's not something that fits 'The Stand' in my opinion.)

I do think it's nice, though, that CD didn't scrap Dameron's art.
    I agree that Ned's take is different from anything we've seen in The Stand before, but there are some of them that I like quite a lot. Wasn't there also an illustration of Mother Abigail, done in pastels I think, that isn't listed on the webpage? Perhaps some others? Perhaps these can be part of the portfolios, since this was one of, if not THE last book commission of Ned's. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I wouldn't mind having them in print somewhere.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...a while back it was just Dameron but (I think?) King wasn't crazy about the art...

Agreed; it was good, but had a "dreamy" vibe going on that didn't fit The Stand. (It felt more Imajica, if any of you have read that).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

If it was all François Vaillancourt art for The Stand I would have definitely ordered a copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post

I agree that Ned's take is different from anything we've seen in The Stand before, but there are some of them that I like quite a lot. Wasn't there also an illustration of Mother Abigail, done in pastels I think, that isn't listed on the webpage? Perhaps some others? Perhaps these can be part of the portfolios, since this was one of, if not THE last book commission of Ned's. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I wouldn't mind having them in print somewhere.
    There was, I think it’s still in the book. These are the original pieces he’s selling so someone probably purchased it.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    François Vaillancourt has revealed he’s the new artist for The Stand and he shared a picture of that rascal Flagg.

According to CD website he will be one of three artists (along with Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne) for the book.
    François announced that he’s releasing a limited edition poster of that illustration. $120 in a limited run of 150.

“There’s been an overwhelmingly positive response to my illustration of Randall Flagg for the upcoming edition of THE STAND by Cemetery Dance Publications, and I thank you for that.

I have decided to go big and create a stunning poster to share with you my love of that book.

The poster is 20”x30”, signed and numbered, with a limited run of 150 copies. I cannot guarantee you get a specific number (everybody wants #19!). The price is $120USD, including shipping to US and Canada, with tracking, and the poster is not framed. For other countries there are extra fees for shipping and tracking (I have to check with Canada Post for each individual shipping tube). Payment is via PayPal.

So if you ever wanted to have the Walking Dude stare at you all day long, here’s your chance. Email me at francoisvaillancourt@yahoo.fr

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    François Vaillancourt has revealed he’s the new artist for The Stand and he shared a picture of that rascal Flagg.

According to CD website he will be one of three artists (along with Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne) for the book.
    François announced that he’s releasing a limited edition poster of that illustration. $120 in a limited run of 150.

“There’s been an overwhelmingly positive response to my illustration of Randall Flagg for the upcoming edition of THE STAND by Cemetery Dance Publications, and I thank you for that.

I have decided to go big and create a stunning poster to share with you my love of that book.

The poster is 20”x30”, signed and numbered, with a limited run of 150 copies. I cannot guarantee you get a specific number (everybody wants #19!). The price is $120USD, including shipping to US and Canada, with tracking, and the poster is not framed. For other countries there are extra fees for shipping and tracking (I have to check with Canada Post for each individual shipping tube). Payment is via PayPal.

So if you ever wanted to have the Walking Dude stare at you all day long, here’s your chance. Email me at francoisvaillancourt@yahoo.fr
    Already ordered mine, i can't wait for it!

"My life for you..."
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Did King said that? I didn't know
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So... any shipping updates on "hardcover books that matter to DT.orgers" other than paperbacks ?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    So... any shipping updates on "hardcover books that matter to DT.orgers" other than paperbacks ?
    I'd say No.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I'd say No.
    Ready for printer (for the last 4 years).

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

YES Ned did a Mother Abigail and a church painting (in Boulder). I own both. Me personally, I think they are the best Stand pics that he did.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The church one is INCREDIBLE.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The church one is INCREDIBLE.
    100% agree. Drew me back into the story. Aaahh, need to reread again.

Also, to CD themselves. Thank you for the update on the books.

Noticed a mention of Final Task SL and Lettered. Is that the first public mention? Love to see some images of it when you are ready to share.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Still kicking myself for not ordering The Stand when it was up for preorder. Now I have to hope I am online and quick enough to get one when they put the remaining copies up for sale.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Still kicking myself for not ordering The Stand when it was up for preorder. Now I have to hope I am online and quick enough to get one when they put the remaining copies up for sale.
    Is it signed by King at all? I imagine it will look great anyway, but a new signed stand would be amazing

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Is it signed by King at all? I imagine it will look great anyway, but a new signed stand would be amazing
    Not signed by King, not even the lettered.
    Would have been awesome indeed.

sk

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

YES Ned did a Mother Abigail and a church painting (in Boulder). I own both. Me personally, I think they are the best Stand pics that he did.

Those are great, David!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Not signed by King, not even the lettered.
    Would have been awesome indeed.

sk

Thank you. The art looks immense tho.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been away for two weeks. Anything new from the CD side?

The production page says it was updated on the 7th of sept : https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Haven't had to take a look at it though, besides the fact that the general update still mentions may/june at the top
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Dan,

Was the promotion "Get Every Cemetery Dance Book Published in 2021!" deal extended again? In Jan received an email stating it was extended to June '22, but I just got a shipping notice for a book I don't remember ordering so wondering if it is part of that deal still, even though it is now Sept?

Thanks,
    Mike

Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even with all the troubles at CD, I'm still impressed with their Graveyard Series.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 867 of 890 FirstFirst ... 367 767 817 857 865 866 867 868 869 877 ... LastLast