Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Involvement

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, being someone's Llamalady is pretty damn serious.
    LadyK
    "The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser--in case you thought optimism was dead." ♥ --Robert Brault

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Well not just someone's but Stephen Kings???? Pretty serious there.

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

true, very true.
    i'd be shakin in my boots if i were you.
    LadyK
    "The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser--in case you thought optimism was dead." ♥ --Robert Brault

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just noticed I misspelled involvement as the thread title. It shouldn't be involvment. LOL... Maybe someone can fix that for me?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

huh.
    i didn't even notice that.
    FAIL.
    i guess i should change my major again...
    (those advisors probably hate me by now, hehehe )
    LadyK

My Mood
    Worried

well hell I've been reading/writing since I was 3... you'd think I wouldn't miss that, but I've been up since 520 and really should be crashing into bed very very soon... especially with the big job interview tomorrow. Don't want to be snoring or yawning during it... that would be TOO laid back.

I wonder how many people put Stephen King on their applications as a reference.... Hmmm...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

oh gosh!! go to bed missy!
    i know im heading there myself after this.
    goodluck at your interview!!

hmmm i would love to put Stephen King down as a reference. how sweet would that be?
    "Yes, I'm basically qualified for any position because Stephen King knows me. Just hire me."

hehehe okay I would never talk like that, but I think you get the picture!

night!
    LadyK

My Mood
    Worried

Can I sig you on that?

"Yes, I'm basically qualified for any position because Stephen King knows me. Just hire me."

Let me know and I'm off to bed!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

ummm i don't know what that means...

but if you let me know whenever, i will!
    LadyK

My Mood
    Worried

I would put it as my signature so every time I post, it would be there...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

OH!! I see...
    why yes, that'd be awesome!!

heeheehee
    LadyK

My Mood
    Worried

Thank you!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

yeps!!
    ok, time for beddybye!
    stupid school...but it IS creative writing, sooo really--I think I'll survive!

night again!
    LadyK

My Mood
    Worried

NIght!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well this thread certainly went into odd territory.

Officially, King has no direct involvement with the site. We are very friendly with his office, but that is about the extent of it. Though he was kind enough to sign and personalize a book for the winner of our fundraiser giveaway last spring. We would all love to see him involved with the site more but, as Dags said before, he isnt really involved with even his own site. So it would be a bit of a stretch.

We can leave this for a bit, ladies, but there's really not far for it to go discussion-wise, so we'll have to either take the topic in a bit of a new direction or find a thread to merge it with. I am going to go ahead and move it (with a one day redirect) to the Dixie Pig, since it isnt really an announcement or news item.

Tell me more about these llamas...

Heng Dai

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I just noticed I misspelled involvement as the thread title. It shouldn't be involvment. LOL... Maybe someone can fix that for me?
    Done

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of being controlled through microchips. If anyone could have permission to do it, it would be...Dora.

(and King)

But as Aaron said, we are non affiliated at this time. Could change in the future, who knows?

I do dream sometimes that he looks at the site--once that he called me to say it was cool.

I'm not sure I helped the conversation at all here.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Worried

You didn't answer my other question, Matt. Would you be a Llama??? LLamaMatt has a nice ring to it... :sighs: Or DirectorLlama or LlamaDirector????

Is there anything we could do to get SK more involved with our site besides send a llama petition with a million llamas on it?

My Mood
    Worried

Also, when SK IS involved with his site, does anyone know his log in name?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

HAHAHA!
    Now I've got llamas on the brain again.

But I almost would think he'd change it everytime he wants to comment on something, because in his auto-interview he made a reference to something he wrote, so if anyone actually found it (if it was still there)...he probably couldn't/shouldn't/wouldn't use it again.
    But who knows? I could be totally wrong. It's a thursday and Im stuck inside...FAIL.
    LadyK

My Mood
    Worried

I think that would be really interesting to know... or maybe they have a specific name set aside for him...

Do you have a certain name set aside for Sai King if he shows up, Matt?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

**Aaron Posting**

Also, when SK IS involved with his site, does anyone know his log in name?
    We have the name "Stephen King" set aside so that no one can use it, but I doubt King would want to use that one if he joined.

Per his office, though, he does not have an account. We are positive at this point that he has at least seen the site, but he views as a guest.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Worried

Oooooooooooooooooh so he still views all our devotedness (not a word but I'm using it anyways)... er, views our devotion (that makes more sense) and sleeps well at night because of it....

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

actually he probably can't sleep cause he thinks we're all completely insane. and he's called his alarm company. twice. and ordered bars for the windows. twice. and a dog. a nice big lovely dog. perhaps a bull mastiff.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Aww sad.
    I didn't think we were that bad. I, for one, have never stalked him.
    ::shifty eyes::
    No but seriously, if I were him, I'd be all over these sites being annoying. But maybe that's just because I'm a dedicated fan that will do that when I'm a big and famous author.
    LadyK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast