Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie of all time? Top 2 advance!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Clockwork Orange

10 38.46%
  • Dazed & Confused

4 15.38%
  • Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

3 11.54%
  • Dogma

9 34.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMOAT - Round 2, Group B

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMOAT - Round 2, Group B

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Viddy well.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viddy well, indeed; my droog.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I MET MALCOLM MCDOWELL!

Hrm. Guess which movie I chose.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

"If I ever begin to refer to these as the "best years of my life", remind me to kill myself." - Randy "Pink" Floyd

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I MET MALCOLM MCDOWELL!

Hrm. Guess which movie I chose.
    You met Alex?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I did! I had my picture taken with him and I got an autographed pic of him as Alex (To Pat, Viddy well. Malcolm) and he autographed the sleeve of my collector's edition A Clockwork Orange DVD. *swoon* I had been waiting 28 years for that moment, and I told him so. He was very gracious.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did! I had my picture taken with him and I got an autographed pic of him as Alex (To Pat, Viddy well. Malcolm) and he autographed the sleeve of my collector's edition A Clockwork Orange DVD. *swoon* I had been waiting 28 years for that moment, and I told him so. He was very gracious.
    That is awesome. *jealous*

Is that DVD the CDA Entertainment one in the over-sized silver traycase? The one that comes with the film cell and soundtrack?

If you rescue me

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

: ahem : waiting on Woofer to post MM photos!

I loved Clockwork Orange. These are some great films, but Clockwork is a classic.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Worried

Oh I wish! Alas, mine is but the WB 2 disc collection.

Brice, I swear... there was so much that I wanted to do/buy for people here. Had I the $$$, then you would totally be holding your own autograph right now.

I asked my friends if they saw Corey Haim because I completely missed him. I didn't want his autograph or anything, but I had heard he looked like he was on the Keith Richards health plan so I wanted to see for myself. They said "Yeah, he was right across from Malcolm McDowell." I replied "Well there you go. He was in the 50' invisibility zone around Malcolm McDowell."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I wish! Alas, mine is but the WB 2 disc collection.

Brice, I swear... there was so much that I wanted to do/buy for people here. Had I the $$$, then you would totally be holding your own autograph right now.

I asked my friends if they saw Corey Haim because I completely missed him. I didn't want his autograph or anything, but I had heard he looked like he was on the Keith Richards health plan so I wanted to see for myself. They said "Yeah, he was right across from Malcolm McDowell." I replied "Well there you go. He was in the 50' invisibility zone around Malcolm McDowell."
    I hadn't seen that collector's edition. I have the one I mentioned. When it came out it was something like $70-80 and I thought there is no way I'm paying that much for a DVD when there is stuff I need. The next day I went and picked up the only copy they had. I couldn't resist.

I'm sure Corey could have been standing two inches from Malcolm and you wouldn't have seen him.

And as turtlex said...do you have pics to post?

...and

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Worried

I am going through the footage I shot, but I am the ultimate crappy photographer. Also, room conditions and the active nature of the speakers necessitated using video. I hope I can get some good stills from that.

I'm going back to work today, so I'll scan in my pic of me with MM and the other autographs I got (Ken Foree and Doug Bradley).

My friend also took pics, but she stayed in Orlando for Universal Horror Nights. I'll get copies of hers when I get back.

FYI, I'm not sure I'll have usable footage from the McDowell videos. I was shaking too much.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'd have paid Malcolm good money to beat the crap out of me while singing "Singing in the Rain". Now that'd be a good video!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure for enough money he'd have obliged you.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Worried

Oh what I would pay Malcolm to do to me.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i voted for dogma but for the record, i can't even believe a clockwork orange is in this fight or that people are actually voting for it.

My Mood
    Worried

More to come. I'm having problems with the files and getting snapped at. For the moment, here's the autographed slipcase for the DVD:

UPDATE - Copy the Alex picture Malcolm autographed for me:

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    i voted for dogma but for the record, i can't even believe a clockwork orange is in this fight or that people are actually voting for it.
    For the record, I can't believe A Clockwork Orange even has competition.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's a very well made movie, but emotionally I am with t/song

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty Effulgent KaLikeAWheel is on a distinguished road KaLikeAWheel's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH! This one was too hard! Too hard, I say!

"What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad."--Spike

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. I'm surprised about the Clockwork Orange notes. I think it's a classic. I understand that some folks were disturbed by it, but that's part of it's genius, IMHO.

This is a good category, though I admit I did not like Fear and Loathing at all. I can appreciate it as a good film with good acting, but I honestly hated it.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it's a very well made movie, but emotionally I am with t/song
    I do understand. My friend's mother walked out of the theater when she went to see it (that was when it was first released). I love this movie and book so much, though, that I focused on it for my grad school work. I wrote on the music choices, the language, the names, etc... Jean, you'll have to tell me sometime what you think of Burgess using so much Russian in Nadsat (the slang that the droogs speak).

That said, much love and hugs to my bear and t/song.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised about the Clockwork Orange notes. I think it's a classic. I understand that some folks were disturbed by it, but that's part of it's genius, IMHO.

This is a good category, though I admit I did not like Fear and Loathing at all. I can appreciate it as a good film with good acting, but I honestly hated it.
    I guess we all know my opinion on ACO by now. I've lost count of how many times I've seen it. Hundreds? Probably. I used to watch it once a week in grad school.

The WTF for me in this category is Dazed and Confused. I just could not get into it. I have never finished the movie although I have tried many times and in many different frames of mind.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woofer: there's a C/Orange thread somewhere, and I long ago promised to post there; I will with time. I have no problem with cruelty in movies, but I have big problems with ideology and hypocrisy, and the satire of that movie seemed to me exactly the direct flipside of (thus, essentially the same as) what they were trying to criticize, ridicule, expose, whatever. (Their Russian is absurd, of course; in such cases it can always be said that it was done on purpose, not out of ignorance - youth slang, what do you want)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'd find the morality of the uncut book far less hypocritical, Jean. The movie is more of a celebration of Alex's wickedness.

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast