Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DTbay

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Editing the description is not a function because the coder did not want people to post something to sell, then change it in the middle of the auction, I thought that made sense. The next release of the modification will include the ability for admin on the site to do it I believe.

I thought I saw your auction under one of the categories Jerome, is it in Artwork?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is in artwork, but I can't "click" on it to see my own auction, let alone change it.
    E-bay allows changes as long as there are no bids, and even then with notification. The only preclusion is the last 24 hours of the auction.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very true Jerome and you are right, this thing does lack certain functionalities. The creator of the modification is doing upgrades all the time so its bound to get better.

In the end, its a free modification I do know there is a different one that is paid (vbplaza, I think) but I wanted to make sure it was something we might use before going that far. This one seems to at least create a platform for the idea.

I can delete that auction that you have set up easily so feel free to create as many as you like to play with it, when we have something "real" out there, we'll make sure its announced on the site.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

What a very cool idea...and the payment method is what paypal?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, please delete it.
    I will post another. It actually was/is an "real" auction. I will accept bids and sell the item.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    What a very cool idea...and the payment method is what paypal?
    Thanks alinda--I thought it might be something we could use. The payment method is determined by the seller but its really just a way to keep track of bids. The payment and exchange is all worked out by the parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Matt, please delete it.
    I will post another. It actually was/is an "real" auction. I will accept bids and sell the item.
    Wow! That sounds good. I will delete the last one but remember, they cannot be deleted after the save so play around with a lot in the preview. The image upload is not great imo but you can use the [img] button like a post.

[xfloat] doesn't work either as far as I can tell.

If it gets screwed up, I can just delete again and I don't mind running this one real auction but it will be the only one until we can develop some site rules and guidelines around the thing.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am currently unable to find the page to see whats up for bid & or enter information.There is a page available I assume? Would you please be so kind to point me in the right direction?

The answer is within

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure alinda--here is a link http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/vbay.php

its totally still being developed so there isn't much to see out there. Only Jerome is able to sell because we are still testing it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I put it up correctly this time. Remember, your 10 million dollar bid will be binding!

My Mood
    In Love

Oh dear, well considering I dont even know what if anything I bid on
    I may have really stepped in it . Its a good thing I am independently wealthy
    woman.

The answer is within

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

its totally still being developed so there isn't much to see out there. Only Jerome is able to sell because we are still testing it.
    *sigh*
    How lucky he is... he is the only one who can sell and buy it means he can get everything that he wants.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm selling to myself!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm selling to myself!
    A real businessman.

Roland would have understood.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The great and terrible Jerome holds all the powerl!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that like the great and powerful Oz?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love when people get my references.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

*sigh*
    How lucky he is... he is the only one who can sell and buy it means he can get everything that he wants.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome has an actual auction going out there with an entry under the "artwork" category. Have a look if you are interested.

Any registered user on the site can bid but make sure you don't bid on that auction unless you would like to actually pay for the thing.

I am going to put a link on the tool bar for it when we get the bugs worked out but for now you can see the main auction page by going here...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/vbay.php

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just checked it out, Matt. Cool.

My only suggestion is that since members need to put their shipping address just to view the auction site, there should be a statement on the same page about how that information will or will not be used - preferably just above where you enter the info.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cogent point.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great idea Patrick.

Do you guys think a link to our Privacy Policy would suffice?

Also--isn't there text above that part that says that the information will only be shared with the seller? I'll have to check that out.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about the text, but the link works with me

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This sounds like a great idea. I've got a couple extra TPBS to sell, I'd be glad to be a guinea pig and give it a try. LOL

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Spencer, nice to see you.

I will put you in the group of sellers and we'll see what you have.

For an example of how to do the auction ad, I would look at Randall Flaggs under "artwork"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast