Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DTbay

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure why that is happening.

hmmm, the first time you go in, you have to provide shipping details. When you get back to the main page, you should be able to see some categories there.

You can click on books and then find my auction underneath that one.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When you place a bid, you have to enter some (any) info in the blank space about buyer contact info.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the guy that made it is trying to automate that to make it so it pulls from some kind of data profile.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I squared it in red:

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

And there should be an ad at the top with a pic but the xfloat is fucked up somehow as usual.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't even get to that part you've shown RF. I enter my shipping details but it takes me back to the same spot. Do you think it doesn't recognise the UK address?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BeamBay - I like that!

I'll go see if I can outbid Jerome.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that may be it, I set it up to only do domestic shipping not even thinking about that Lisa.

I'll set up another test one in a bit because I wanted to test that image problem anyway.

Any other folks to go out and bid on these auctions, I would really appreciate it

You are not buying anything.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"If you want to bid away,
    Hop along the Beam today!"

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I now have high bid.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!!

Thanks Daghain--Now I need to see if Jerome got a PM to say that he has been out bid as he should.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you can totally put a fake address in there if you just want to test.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its going to be seriously dependent on the honor system. And I plan to use some kind of built in board functions to keep track as a "feedback" system.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I would guess if someone abused it, you could mod queue them or something. I just stuck a false one in there to test the system.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's exactly what I needed to happen, I would love it if the whole thing was tested.

I have to add a code modification to make it send "outbid" pm's so that isn't happening yet.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as the name goes, I'd stay away from any name with "Bay" in it. eBay has a trademark/copyright on this, and if you come close to their name, I'm sure you'll be hearing from their lawyers.

Maybe DTAuction?

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John--as to that, it actually came up in the mod thread for this at vbulletin.org

The coder said that you cannot copyright the word "bay" so unless you put the "e" in front of it, you are good to go.

With that being said, I love your suggestion for a name because I wouldn't mind staying away from it just on general purposes.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Got the Pm about being outbid.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I certainly hope whoever outbid my $9999999999.99 bid plans to pay up.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Got the Pm about being outbid.
    Sweet!!

And you should be in the sellers group now Jerome.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice outbid me! (I got the PM).

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, seems like its working well. Aaron said he would whip up some intro text for it.

I kicked around ideas for the name and Dora suggested DTbay--I know, it still has the "bay" in it but I am certain that the above does not infringe on any copyright stuff.

And I think its cool...DTbay---::snicker::

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too, it sounds more specific

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I put something up for auction, but can't see the auction, or edit the description.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast