Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Costumes! Dressing up.

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Maybe I should dress up as a ketchup covered clown
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You know, I'm just terrified hearing references to this experience...::shudders::

LadyK
    "The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half inch eraser--in case you thought optimism was dead." ♥ --Robert Brault

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm dressing up as Hannibal Lecter! I cant wait to see the look on people's faces!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a stupid question: are you all guys getting costumes and stuff for Halloween? I know it sounds silly, but we really don't pay much attention to it here and I haven't done anything for the past 5 years and I didn't use to do anything as a child either.
    Anyway, I want to see pictures of you all (especially those wearing gunslingers costumes! esp. Cuthbert, of course )

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i hide on halloween. we turn off the porchlight and either go out to dinner and then the bookstore or come back home and watch a movie.

it's a hard "holiday".

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DBF and I are Halloween freaks. We decorate the house and the yard, and have a party every year - costume required, or you WILL get dressed at the door. Trust me, you do NOT want that to happen, especially if you show up after everyone has had a few.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Just a stupid question: are you all guys getting costumes and stuff for Halloween? I know it sounds silly, but we really don't pay much attention to it here and I haven't done anything for the past 5 years and I didn't use to do anything as a child either.
    Anyway, I want to see pictures of you all (especially those wearing gunslingers costumes! esp. Cuthbert, of course )
    This is going to be the first time I've donned a Halloween costume-which is a charitable description of what I'll be wearing-since I was twelve, and dressed up as the grim reaper to enter a contest at my local bank.

Once, I went to a Halloween party held at the apt. of my friend Pepper's girlfriend. I had a National Review t-shirt on, and told everyone that I was William F. Buckley Jr.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    I live Howl-o-ween. Even my office at work has an "Autopsy Room" sign above the door - and that's just the tip of the office. I'll be a bloodied and battered escaped inmate from the Arkham Asylum, inmate number 655321 (25 pts reference). Hubby is going to be a dark jester.

Last year, when I was dealing with a ... thing associated with my phobia ... I felt like a piece of crap, so I dressed as Charlie Brown's multi-holed ghost. I even carried a paper bag with a few rocks in it. I was in bad shape, but I was NOT going to miss Howl-o-ween completely.!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    i hide on halloween. we turn off the porchlight and either go out to dinner and then the bookstore or come back home and watch a movie.

it's a hard "holiday".
    *comf* I'm sorry. Can I make Howl-o-ween better? *passes out chocolate candy to turtlesong*
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

DBF and I are Halloween freaks. We decorate the house and the yard, and have a party every year - costume required, or you WILL get dressed at the door. Trust me, you do NOT want that to happen, especially if you show up after everyone has had a few.
    My sister is the same way-perhaps not to that extent-this is probably her favorite holiday.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Last year, when I was dealing with a ... thing associated with my phobia ... I felt like a piece of crap, so I dressed as Charlie Brown's multi-holed ghost. I even carried a paper bag with a few rocks in it. I was in bad shape, but I was NOT going to miss Howl-o-ween completely.!
    When I was 22 I went as Charlie Brown. I did the ghost-sheet thing with the bag of rocks, and also dressed as Charlie underneath the sheet. I even cut a picture of Chuck out of the comics page of the paper and taped it over my license picture since my friends and I were going out to some bars that night. When I showed my ID to the guy at the door of one he looked at the picture of Charlie, looked at me and said "I don't care if you're 21 or not, you can definitely come in here". I wound up becoming friends with the guy and shortly thereafter ended up working the door there along with him for months.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    My sister is the same way-perhaps not to that extent-this is probably her favorite holiday.
    You have no idea. Halloween and the 4th of July are MY holidays.

I've put pics up of DBF's yard before. This year he had some major landscaping done, so the yard won't be so elaborate, but we spent HOURS putting up stuff on the garage and basement walls.

My only regret is that Halloween actually falls on a Friday this year. Normally we can have the party on a different night than trick-or-treating, and I so LOVE to hide in the yard and scare the crap out of the little kids.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    When I was 22 I went as Charlie Brown. I did the ghost-sheet thing with the bag of rocks, and also dressed as Charlie underneath the sheet. I even cut a picture of Chuck out of the comics page of the paper and taped it over my license picture since my friends and I were going out to some bars that night. When I showed my ID to the guy at the door of one he looked at the picture of Charlie, looked at me and said "I don't care if you're 21 or not, you can definitely come in here". I wound up becoming friends with the guy and shortly thereafter ended up working the door there along with him for months.
    That's a great story, R_of_G!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    You have no idea. Halloween and the 4th of July are MY holidays.

I've put pics up of DBF's yard before. This year he had some major landscaping done, so the yard won't be so elaborate, but we spent HOURS putting up stuff on the garage and basement walls.

My only regret is that Halloween actually falls on a Friday this year. Normally we can have the party on a different night than trick-or-treating, and I so LOVE to hide in the yard and scare the crap out of the little kids.
    I was adopted... you must be my long-lost twin! There are Halloween decorations in my office that never come down - and the boss is okay with that.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

inmate number 655321 (25 pts reference).

I don't even think I need to say it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

One of these days I'm just going to shave my goatee and pretend that I'm dressed up as Quentin Tarantino.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Halloween and 4th of July are my favorites too, Daggers. I love everything about Halloween, and I love the 'picnics/fireworks/grilling/outdoor games with friends and family' thing about the 4th.

Ruthful, you should so do that! Post photos if you do.

Jayson, you are one awesome dude. The ID thing was so creative! I'm in awe.

I still don't know what I'm doing, if anything. Sad.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Thanks Laura. I chalk it up to being a detail-oriented geek.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    inmate number 655321 (25 pts reference).

I don't even think I need to say it.
    Somehow I knew you'd be the one to answer.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

::hangs head::

i don't get it

::sneaks away::

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

10 Seconds, T/S . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well that was my guess, anyway, based on googling!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

no i mean i've never heard of it.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post

it's a hard "holiday".
    I thought I was the only one. Must be a turtle thing
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

maybe it is at that.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I was Alice from the resident evil movies about two years ago... that's about as gunslingery as I've ever done.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast