Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower Costumes! Dressing up.

Default The Dark Tower Costumes! Dressing up.

Hey y'all,
    Is anyone planning on going as a DT character for Halloween this year? Or have you gone in the past and how did it go?

I was checking out a bunch of gunslinger/cowboy costumes and nothing really does it for me. I want to piece together the costume myself but I would end up spending a lot of moola on a nice duster, hat, boots, holster, ect.

I think I might try and go as Clint Eastwood from The Man With No Name trilogy, if only I can find that poncho...

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

hehehehe.
    a few friends and I were toying around with idea, but abandoned it... ::sigh::
    maybe someday I'll be able to pull enough people together to just have a DT themed party! That'd be fun....

I know what you mean though...none of the costumes out there are quite what you'd want. And I hear ya--money is ALWAY a problem with halloween. It's not fair that it's so expensive to be creative, haha.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be too drunk to explain it to everyone, so no.

DBF and I are going to be beatniks, daddy-o.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I always go as something off the beaten path, and I find all my costume components at thrift shops. I've had some pretty badass, Grand Prize-winning costumes for $10-$15 before. There's usually one or two things I buy new, but they're usually something small that there'd be no chance of finding at a thrift sore.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Since i look kind of like Susan Delgado [blonde hair and all] i WAS considering her but i figured no one would know who i was

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pics, Laura, pics!!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I don't have any. Sorry. My two favorites were the Basketcase/Allison from The Breakfast Club, and then the lunchlady from Lunchlady Land skit from SNL (yep, a girl dressed as a guy dressed as a girl). The party just happened to have sloppy joes, too (totally unplanned).

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You did NOT do the crazy chick from Breakfast Club - I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

That is AWESOME! I didn't think you were old enough to know that one!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Dead

I am a child of the 80's! But yeah, I had the skirt, the shoes, the sweater, the leggings, the hair (mine was longer then), the makeup, the scarf, and the satchel. The bag had clothes, a (mostly empty) bottle of vodka, "feminine products", black thread to wrap around my finger, Pixie Sticks... it was awesome. If I do say so myself.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. My. God. Marry me?

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Dead

You know I would, bbycakes.

Oh, and to get this back on track, I don't know who I would go as, if I were to do a DT-themed costume. I'm not really like anybody in the series.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd go as Roland. I don't really care if I'm gender challenged.

My Mood
    Dead

Then maybe I'd go as Cuthbert. He's my favorite.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, if we can get an Alain we're SET!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

A W E S O M E

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a whole outfit too.

I basically took a carving knife and destroyed my already threadbare National Review t-shirt, and fraying, gray slacks.

Hopefully, I-and several other zombies-will be marching in the East Village Parade. The People's Cube should be filming it, but that's still tentative at the moment.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Video and/or stills, please!

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll see. This is one of those ideas that's either mind-bogglingly brilliant, or incredibly daft. I'll find out in about two weeks.

Gunslinger Apprentice ladykatherine is on a distinguished road ladykatherine's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'd go as Roland. I don't really care if I'm gender challenged.
    Heeheehee. Who cares? Gender is a minor detail. I think you'd make an AMAZING Roland!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to think so. Maybe next year.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I should dress up as a ketchup covered clown

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that would rate a scare factor of 10!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Lol, anything with Clowns scares me thanks to It.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Maybe I should dress up as a ketchup covered clown
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast