Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Tim Burton thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I think they kind of overdid it with Depp's makeup ...

:/
    He kinda looks like a crazy Elijah Wood.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

More like Didi Pickles, I think.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Might as well change his name to Pennywise the Mad Hatter

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The pics of the settings look amazing. I can't wait to see it on the big screen.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmogZbrd9nA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmogZbrd9nA[/ame]

March 5, 2010 I don't think I can wait that long. I thought it was coming out this year sometime.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Ooooer. Pretty.

As if it wouldn't be.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG! This I MUST see.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

2010?!!! It is painful.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks ograsmic in HD over at apple.com

New trailer
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM4JiJ6B2I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM4JiJ6B2I[/ame]

This makes me even more excited for the movie. IMAX 3D, it should be pretty sweet!

Does anyone know how big of a part Johnny Depp has in the film? I thought it was just going to be a very small role, but the trailer makes it appear as if he'll be in the entire movie. I haven't read the book, only seen the original Disney film.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a visual candyland. Gonna be cool!
    Sloth Love Chunk

*sigh* I am going to die of excitement.
    Last edited by Melike; 03-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.

John F. Kennedy Malice is on a distinguished road Malice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm one of those non-tim burton fans. Not that I'm out to flame anyone. But when he complains about "well that characters wierd," that is how I come to look at his adaptations. The only one where I jumped up and said "Okay, that was amazing," was sleepy hollow. When I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I felt fingers in the back of my throat.

I honestly feel that he ruins the source material of whatever he works on to achieve a gothic image with needing his characters to be over the top wierd(It's also weird I like his wifes roles better in movies he has nothing to do with as you just know Deep and her are going to be in it no matter what). But I must say I'm going to give this a chance just because it's the first tim burton trailer in a while where I was actually cussing for all the right reasons.
    But even though the other version is rather gothic and demented (done right in the source material though) I'd give the adaptation of American McGee's Alice a look when they finally show it off.

But again, not flamming the fans. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, the guy has talent. And I know a lot of the story elements are not his fault as he does have other people write the screenplays. I just hope he can impress me again.

*EDIT* American McGee's Alice was not the made for tv SyFy original. This is an adaptation from lead game designer American McGee (who also worked on Doom) in which upon returning to earth Alice explains her adventures in wonderland and is put in an asylum where she goes insane from her memories in wonderland. But upon returning to wonderland she find the place has become a nightmare dreamscape full of gothic medival imagery and psychotic inhabitants.

*Sub Note* When Tim Burton comes across a film a studio wants to make the first thing he does is have someone write a new script no matter if he liked the original or not (I.E. Superman which was cancelled). This is one of the scripts that saw life post Burton.
    "Your Man Jesus seems to me a bit of a son of a b!$#h when it comes to women," Roland said, "Was He ever married?"
    The corners of his mouth quirked. "No," he said, "but His girlfriend was a whore."
    "Well," Roland said, "that's a start."

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    *EDIT* American McGee's Alice was not the made for tv SyFy original. This is an adaptation from lead game designer American McGee (who also worked on Doom) in which upon returning to earth Alice explains her adventures in wonderland and is put in an asylum where she goes insane from her memories in wonderland. But upon returning to wonderland she find the place has become a nightmare dreamscape full of gothic medival imagery and psychotic inhabitants.
    Is this even getting made? I had really been looking forward to it, but I thought it got canned a long time ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice 19eye-rosecrow-gun is on a distinguished road 19eye-rosecrow-gun's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Tim Burton's a lucky guy, being married to Helena Bonham Carter. I think he should do work with Michael Keaton again.

Some new pictures I have just seen around internet:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Surprised to see this thread laying dormant for over five years but then again Tim's recent output has been rather blah. Here's hoping his 2016 film is a revival of sorts:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Danny Elfman is doing an orhcestral live presentation of The Nightmare Before Christmas this Halloween at the Hollywood Bowl. Me thinks I want to go

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...914-story.html

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Danny Elfman is doing an orhcestral live presentation of The Nightmare Before Christmas this Halloween at the Hollywood Bowl. Me thinks I want to go

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...914-story.html
    Do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3