Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hockey

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

right

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Richard Bachman, the NHL goalie

http://deadspin.com/5936246/richard-...ed-goalie-mask
    It's got to suck to be the Dallas Stars' backup goalie. He'll never be the most famous person named Richard Bachman, even though the guy ahead of him isn't actually named Richard Bachman. But he's embracing it, with this new mask from David Gunnarsson, featuring art from The Shining.

Early in his career, Stephen King wrote under the pseudonym of Richard Bachman. (His early excuse was a curiosity about whether people were buying his books for the content, or because a successful author's name was on the cover. These days he chalks it up to something more prosaic: his publisher didn't want to dilute the Stephen King brand by releasing more than one book a year. )

Bachman (the hockey one) worked with the artist to create this mask, despite the fact that The Shining wasn't a Bachman book, and King himself tried to distance himself from the Kubrick film that provides the iconography. It's chock full of details, like the Overlook Hotel's hexagonal carpet pattern showing up in the Stars logo, and meant to "have the same uncomfortable feeling you have when you just wake up after a nightmare."

Also, The Long Walk is the best Stephen King novel ever written. You're wrong if you disagree.

In action:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...he-stanley-cup
    The National Hockey League (NHL®) will unveil two new national TV spots to commemorate the 125th anniversary of the Stanley Cup®, the most coveted trophy in sports. The TV spots will debut today during NHL programming in the U.S. and Canada.

In the spot “Imperfectly Perfect,” the Stanley Cup’s splendor and unique blemishes are illuminated in amazing intimate visuals of the 3-foot, 35-pound trophy. The wear of its 125-year existence is found in and around the names that are “forever etched into this scuffed and scarred, yet still beautiful silver skin,” making its imperfections “a testament to time spent in the grasp of heroes.”

“If This Cup Could Talk” showcases the pure adulation and exhilaration the Stanley Cup® inspires in players and fans alike. In the spot, photos and video feature players and teams celebrating their championship wins with the Stanley Cup®, while fans revel in the company of the iconic, globetrotting trophy. As the narration notes, “If this Cup could talk . . . it would recall countless hearts it has touched . . . and all of the places it has been.”

Both TV spots were developed by Las Vegas-based creative shop R&R Partneres, in collaboration with the NHL. The agency also worked with the NHL on a long-form video piece featuring the Stanley Cup® that will be released next week.

“As we commemorate the 125th anniversary of the Stanley Cup, we take a moment to recognize its significance in the NHL’s 100-year history,” said Brian Jennings, NHL Chief Brand Officer and Executive Vice President. “The Stanley Cup continues to dutifully serve in its mission as a worldwide hockey ambassador and our symbol of excellence. This campaign celebrates the Stanley Cup’s continued impact in the growth of the game, on and off the ice.”

March 18 marks the 125th anniversary of the 1892 donation of the Stanley Cup® by Sir Frederick Arthur, Lord Stanley of Preston and son of the Earl of Derby, to be presented to “the championship hockey club of the Dominion of Canada.”

“Imperfectly Perfect” and “If This Cup Could Talk” will run across the media platforms of NBC, Rogers and the NHL – including NHL Network™, NHL.com, in-arena, digital and social media. Fans can follow the conversation via the hashtag #StanleyCup.

Country
    Country Flag

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Eff those Penguins, man.

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone looking to buy the Molsen Stanly Cup display case and all the cups? A friend has it for sale.. only a few made with the case!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

So I don't know if many here are hockey fans, seems this is a pretty quiet thread, but I was watching the home opener for the new NHL team, the Vegas Golden Knights, the first ever pro sports game in Vegas, and of course given what recently happened there, the opening ceremonies were quite different and heartbreaking. I sat there for half an hour in tears and even when the actual game began and Vegas got off to an early lead with a few quick goals. A tremendous job by the team to honor the city!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the clip - hadn’t seen it. Big hockey fan - our 9 year old son had his first game of season last night - after we traveled close to 2 hours to get to the away rink in San Jose. Caleb stoned their best played on 3 different breakaways and made 21 out of 23 saves to help secure the teams 9-2 win, always fun to watch
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

The whole story of the Vegas Golden Knights is amazing. And now they've won Game 1 of the finals.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the first time for me watching the finals where I didn't hate either (or both) team(s). I find myself cheering for every goal made and am okay with whoever wins. I feel so dirty!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched some of the game last night and it was what the NHL needed. Fast and fun paced for the causal or new fan. As an added bonus the story of the Vegas team is great.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, the fairy tale in Vegas is over, for now.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Congrats to Ovechkin and the Caps, long time coming.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've lived in the DC Metro area my entire life. I remember the Rod Langway days back in the early 80's. This is special! I wish my grandfather could have seen this!

44 years in the making! Decades of heartbreak erased! "The Great 8", Alex Ovechkin, the greatest lamp-lighter, and all-around hockey player, since Wayne Gretzky, and Nicklas Backstrom, the "Smooth Swede", "The Assist God", finally win a championship for DC after 11 years of playing together! All of DC goes completely nuts!

Thank you Ovie and Backie and Oshie and Holtby, and everyone else! This town needed it!

Country
    Country Flag

The NHL has a new team:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That’s pretty badass.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word on the ice is that it won't be long before people are Kraken jokes about the name.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I sea what you did there.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really, really wanted them to play pre-recorded booing in the arena when Gary Bettman appeared to bestow the Cup.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5