Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

well the wings won, si I'm content with that.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    nope, i'm a life time troll. i get the British (actually Scottish) from my gran. she moved to Detroit when she was twelve.

troll.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

troll. Southern Peninsula Michigander.

hey powers that be, could you rename this the Hockey thread or something like that, please? the season's over, there's no point in keeping this name, but i'd prefer not to make a new thread for hockey.

Default Hockey

need i say anything else in the title?
    I think this is the best sport, period.
    Think about it:
    you got guys in armor, wearing boots on knives, gliding across ice (which is more dangerous than wood or grass). they carry weapons (ever heard of death by basketball? i don't think so) They swing these weapons at a heavy rubber disk, so they can go flying into a net.
    There is ususally a fight once per game. When this happens,
    There are 90 year old ladies screaming
    "TEAR HIS FUCKING BALLS OFF!"

You can't finsd this kind of entertainment in any other sport.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

again with the fucking hockey threads razzle dazzle? really, i'm beginning to wonder about your sanity.

you're JUST beginning to wonder about my sanity?

well the old one got sent to the clearing after the season was over.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll say this much for hockey. They use a goal that's about one-tenth the size of the one they use in soccer, and usually score more goals.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'm with you Razz. Favorite sport by far.

I do think that the NHL has gotten too large and the product is not completely watered down, but I still watch because I love the sport itself (even if it's being played in that league by too many 18 year olds and guys who could only make a team in a league this big). My real enjoyment comes in the spring during the NCAA hockey tournament.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The reality is NOONE out there really knows what this game is about. There are no rules except for kill the enemy. In short it is what all games should aspire to be. Seriously, I know none of the rules. I'll just tune into a game if I catch one on for the fights.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Razz, I agree, I love Hockey!!

Been a fan since 1987, I was 6yrs old!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You got my attention. My team is the Belfast Giants and I'm a season ticket holder at the 'Big O' here in Northern Ireland.

It's the best spectator sport on the planet without doubt.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

How did I miss this thread?

Hockey? I LOVE hockey! I'm a died-in-the-wool Colorado Avalanche fan, so I suspect razz and I are going to have a little rivalry going on here.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default NHL Hockey Fans unite!

Anyone here a big NHL (Hockey) fan? I know it is not big in the US, but in Canada it sure is. In any case I am a huge Montreal Canadiens fan! Open to discussion with anyone. Not sure if this belongs in the general discussion section or in the TV section (seeing as it's also a TV event)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was a big fan of les canadiens back in the day. Ken Dryden and Guy LaFleur were my favorite players, but I also liked the Mahovlich brothers, Jacques Laperriere, Serge Savard, LaPointe, Yvan Cournoyer. Showing my age...

I remember Dryden's first season, how he came out of nowhere, played a few games at the end of the season and led the team to the Stanley cup. He had a distinctive goalie mask and a unique way of resting his arms on top of his goalie stick between plays -- which was something only someone his height could accomplish.

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh yeah! Those were the days Bev! Collecting stanley cups in the 70s.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My parents attended the only game that featured the Dryden brothers facing each other in goal. Montreal vs. Buffalo.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Montreal Canadiens

Actually I shouldn't say anything, I am a Oiler fan.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Country
    Country Flag

well....velcro....next year will likely be a lot more fun to watch for you guys (Hall/Seguin)

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been a fan of the Habs since I was a wee girl. My dream to come true was to sit in the Bell Centre and watch Canadiens vs. Rangers maybe five or six years ago. A teenager Rangers fan sat beside me and shouted high and loud whenever the Rangers got the puck. Well, we won.

I was so proud to be a Finn when the whole audience gave an standing ovation when Saku Koivu emerged. ah.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff lily-sai! Saku was an amazing captain for us. His charity work in the city was exemplar. I really think he will go down as one of the best players to ever play for the Habs. Unfortunately he never won a championship.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Montreal Canadiens

Actually I shouldn't say anything, I am a Oiler fan.
    Me too, velcro...

stupid losers
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    well....velcro....next year will likely be a lot more fun to watch for you guys (Hall/Seguin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Me too, velcro...

stupid losers

Hey! Things are looking up.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I don't know your age velcro, but I lived in Edmonton during the dynasty... so I'm a little bit spoiled when it comes to the Oilers
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only 23, so I don't know how it feels to cheer for a winning hockey team.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast