Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUE BLOOD

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally busted

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

what is funny now is that i have read almost all the books. my husband got me into the tv show and now he is reading the books....hehehe

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

What book are you on? I've read them all multiple times (except book 1) and I think 4 and 8 (or is it 9) were my favorites

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

where Sookie met her great granddad

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah I really like that book which ever one it is!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I tried not to read all of the posts in here for spoilers, but I've watched the first five episodes and I have the first two books with me, thanks to a friend.

Sookie is fucking annoying, sorry. I can't stand her. I love Anna Paquin, but she looks terrible as a blonde and her lines are awful. Basically I'm hooked for every other character. Also, WHY is Bill, a very hot, immortal, hot, worldly, hot (!) vampire so fascinated with obnoxious Sookie? She reads minds? You need a better reason than that. Maybe the books will explain better.

Tara would be an amazing Susannah. Too bad she probably won't get it.

Okay, plot hole or something, but Lafayette (who I love and is also hot) said that a vial of V is $600. Everyone keeps talking about how expensive V is, but if you only need a drop... say there's 60 drops in a vial, that's a $10 per dose medicine that gets you high, hard and healed. Sorry, but that's pretty damn cheap in my opinion.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i bought the 1st two books but i haven't gotten around to actually reading them. i LOVE the show. actaully i like "Anna P." as a blonde but than i have a thing for blondes. but not dumb blondes who are dumb as a post per say. not all of them are like that. though it may feel like that at times. anyways back on topic. i also agree the actress who plays Tara would be a great "Susannah" but i doubt she'll get it either. it would also be trouble if she did get it. when scheduling came around for the series & for "True Blood" i believe they start filming in December normally when it comes to "True Blood"

& finish at some point in the spring? when it comes to the rest of the year i can see her having the time. but if they are filming the films back to back in a manner of speaking, than it will at some point be a problem. however if they do end up using her somewhat for having one of the 6 hr. films min-series as "W&G" than they may just use her a little if it starts out around the campfire. & won't need her much until after he finishes telling the story. so who knows ya know?

anyways back on topic, i LOVED Season 3. it was actually kind of nice seeing a story for once rather than seeing Jason bang this woman or that woman. my question when it comes to money, is the town is quite little, if "V" is $600 bucks where in the hell do these guys get the money"

by the looks of the townsfolk most of them don't look like they have much money to their name. but than maybe that's just me?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I tried not to read all of the posts in here for spoilers, but I've watched the first five episodes and I have the first two books with me, thanks to a friend.

Sookie is fucking annoying, sorry. I can't stand her. I love Anna Paquin, but she looks terrible as a blonde and her lines are awful. Basically I'm hooked for every other character. Also, WHY is Bill, a very hot, immortal, hot, worldly, hot (!) vampire so fascinated with obnoxious Sookie? She reads minds? You need a better reason than that. Maybe the books will explain better.

Tara would be an amazing Susannah. Too bad she probably won't get it.

Okay, plot hole or something, but Lafayette (who I love and is also hot) said that a vial of V is $600. Everyone keeps talking about how expensive V is, but if you only need a drop... say there's 60 drops in a vial, that's a $10 per dose medicine that gets you high, hard and healed. Sorry, but that's pretty damn cheap in my opinion.
    Sookie doesn't come off as annoying at all in the books.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Not at all in the books, but she is annoying as shit in the show especially in Season 3! Bill takes a turn being annoying in season 2 and well season 2 is poo. Season 3 totally makes up for it though. As far as the books they are all good except book 10 felt rushed and seemed unfinished. 4 is my favorite and I think its 8 is too.

The other characters are what makes the show they are fabulous!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm halfway through the first book, and it's much better, except where the fuck is Tara?! I liked her. And Lafayette is barely in it, either. I feel like the writing is a little awkward at times, but overall it's not bad.

I'm wondering if Southerners are really as proper as Sookie is making herself sound.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I dont think Tara appears until book 2 and Lafayette is more a show character but he totally makes the damn show you know when Eric isnt around
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

if i'm not mistaken, both of them don't really have that big of a part in the books. though i haven't read any of them. i have read a summary on wikipedia on what happens.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ka-mai, you like Tara on the show? I can't stand her. Like to the point that I actually fast forward through some of her scenes

I like the books a lot. They certainly don't keep me up at night thinking about life and the universe, but they're easy, fun reading. Also, Eric for motherfucking life. I don't know if it's the whole Viking thing or whatever, but man oh man do I love him.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Tara in the first season of the show. In the others, she drives me insane.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Tara was ok in season 1, but progressively got more whiny

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Rutina Wesley is way hot, so I am ok with Tara on the show. She has nowhere as big a part in the books.

Lafayette is my favorite character on the show, but,
    Spoiler:
    He dies very early on in the books and is hardly in the books at all when he is alive.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Also, Eric for motherfucking life. I don't know if it's the whole Viking thing or whatever, but man oh man do I love him.
    this
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Also, Eric for motherfucking life. I don't know if it's the whole Viking thing or whatever, but man oh man do I love him.
    this
    Oh yeah!

Country
    Country Flag

Ka-mai, you like Tara on the show? I can't stand her. Like to the point that I actually fast forward through some of her scenes

I like the books a lot. They certainly don't keep me up at night thinking about life and the universe, but they're easy, fun reading. Also, Eric for motherfucking life. I don't know if it's the whole Viking thing or whatever, but man oh man do I love him.
    I think I like her because she's so NOT like Sookie, who I can't stand (on tv), and because she's kind of super obnoxious, like me. She does need to stop drooling over Jason though, it's really pathetic.

I just finished the first book, and it was good. Not great. The writing is a little below the level I'd like it to be (but I have really high standards) and I felt the ending was a little bit of a letdown. I'll probably start the second tonight. Also, my coworker might be able to lend me the rest of the tv series if her dad will let go of them.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The vampire protagonist is by far the weakest part of this show. If you can put him out of you head though True Blood is a really entertaining series. Alan Ball did a great job, at least based upon the two seasons I watched.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerard you need to see season 3 already, its so much better.

There are my comfort books I like to read when I just need something light and fluffy

Country
    Country Flag

I love reading light, fluffy things. This is probably why I read Harry Potter at least twice a year. I can't get into this as fluffy yet because I have no idea what's going to happen and I get tense.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

what the hell happened to this series.
    Spoiler:
    vampire Bill is the new King of Louisiana. They totally messed up the whole fey story line

But I do like the fact that they brought in Fiona Shaw as the head coven witch. (She played Aunt Petunia in the Potter series)

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I think this show sucks beyond season one. After the word "fairy" entered the equation I finally said "fuck it."

Too bad, I feel like it had potential.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, while I don't disagree wholeheartedly with both complaints, I'm gonna give it a little more leeway. True Blood has a way of "turning it around" so to speak. The season with the "Demon-Woman" comes to mind. I liked where they went with it. This season too, can be brought around to "good stuff". We'll see.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast