Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Odetta

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Default Odetta

OK, I'm starting a little early because I am not sure if I will be online early tomorrow...

So... I'm not really sure what people want to know about me. So, here's a few facts...
    I live in Canada, but I am a dual citizen (Can/USA)
    I am married... have been married for 12 years.
    I now have 4 children... 1 child by birth, the other 3 adopted... 2 as recently as 3 weeks ago.
    I teach piano for a living... have been doing so for 20 years.
    I can lift 60 pounds over my head.
    I am short (5 foot 2).
    I have a wee bit (just a smidgen) of a GOD complex.
    Turn-ons include "pina coladas... taking walks in the rain..." ( j/k )

I can't imagine what else you guys would care to know, so let 'er fly... I'll answer anything you ask!!!

Oh! And I may have a pic around here somewhere...

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

O, that's an awesome pic! I want your daughter's glasses - they are very cool.

Questions:

Were you born in the USA? Where? What made you decide to move to Canada? Was it difficult to emigrate? (Can you guess I'm thinking about it? )

What is your favorite color?

Do you have a lucky number? What is it?

What's your favorite band right now?

Favorite season?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE that pic, O

Besides obvious choices like T2 and Dodegball - what movie can you watch over and over and not get tired of it?

Which console-generation had the best Zelda game - NES, SNES, 64, Gamecube/Wii?

What was the last movie you saw in theaters?

Which is your favorite superhero and why?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First off, HOLY JUMPING JEFFERIES!! You are stunning dear. Seriously, you remind me of Jeri Ryan. Ok, on with the questions.

How did you get interested in Stephen King?

How did you meet your husband?

Do you have any interest in a slightly balding, somewhat overweight, journeyman stand-up comedian? (just kidding)\

Aside from the birth/adoption of your children and your marriage, what is your favorite memory?

What do you collect, besides dust bunnies?

How old were you when you had your first epiphany?

If you could change one thing, and only one thing, about your life (be specific, like I would have picked the numbers that would have won last weeks lottery specific) what would it be?

I think that will do for now.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

They saved the most beautiful woman for last.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Odetta, this picture is breath-taking. You are so beautiful.

When did you start to play the piano? Why did you start it? Was it your decision?

How did you become a teacher? Was it a plan for long in your heart as a kid?

Do you teach children or adults? Or both?

Who is your favourite student right now?

How many lessons do you have a week?

Aren't you bored or tired of teaching sometimes?

Roland would have understood.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    O, that's an awesome pic! I want your daughter's glasses - they are very cool.

I will tell Eve you like her glasses!

Questions:

Were you born in the USA? Where? What made you decide to move to Canada? Was it difficult to emigrate? (Can you guess I'm thinking about it? )
    I was NOT born in the USA, I was born in Canada, but my parents are American, which is why I am able to be a dual citizen.
    If you want to move to Canada, you need a worker's VISA and have someone to sponsor you so you can stay here forever!
    (and live in my basement)

What is your favorite color?
    My favorite color is yellow

Do you have a lucky number? What is it?
    I don't believe in luck, but my favorite number is 17.

What's your favorite band right now?

My musical tastes are sooo varied, I never really have just one band I'm listening to. Right now on my ipod, I've been listening to a lot of Metallica...
    (yeah, I'm a banger-babe)

Favorite season?
    Summer, baby! I like it HOT!

thanks for asking, hunny-bunny!

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I LOVE that pic, O
    Speak Spanish to me, lover! RAWR!

Besides obvious choices like T2 and Dodegball - what movie can you watch over and over and not get tired of it?
    I have so many... here's a short list of the movies I watch repeatedly...
    Alien, Aliens, Alien3
    Godfather trilogy
    T2 and Terminator
    Dodgeball
    Will Ferrell movies
    Christopher Guest/Eugene Levy movies
    Predator

I know I'm missing some...

Which console-generation had the best Zelda game - NES, SNES, 64, Gamecube/Wii?
    N64 because my favorite was OoT

What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
    Indiana Jones and Crystal Skull
    (I know, I', DYING that I haven't seen Dark Knight yet, hard to get a sitter for 4 kids!)

Which is your favorite superhero and why?
    Batman, dur! No, seriously, Batman has always been my fave... even before all the movies. I love his dark edgy side.
    After Batman, Wolverine... probably for similar reasons

Anything else you want to know???

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    First off, HOLY JUMPING JEFFERIES!! You are stunning dear. Seriously, you remind me of Jeri Ryan.
    AWE... thankee!

Ok, on with the questions.
    bring 'em on!

How did you get interested in Stephen King?
    I can't remember HOW I got interested, but I do remember the first book I read was Pet Semetary and I was hooked from then on!

How did you meet your husband?
    We met at the bar... seriously. I was at the club with my friend and there he was... my studmuffin!
    (We sucked face the rest of the night and the rest is history!)

Do you have any interest in a slightly balding, somewhat overweight, journeyman stand-up comedian? (just kidding)
    You had me at balding!

Aside from the birth/adoption of your children and your marriage, what is your favorite memory?
    hmmm... there was this little island just off of Venezuela that was so beautiful... I go there in my mind often.

What do you collect, besides dust bunnies?
    Lately, it seems like I collect children (yeah, that sounded a little creepy)
    Um, plants... I have a ridiculous number of plants... seriously, it's like a greenhouse in here!

How old were you when you had your first epiphany?
    Probably in high school, when I realized that I was questioning the existence of god.

If you could change one thing, and only one thing, about your life (be specific, like I would have picked the numbers that would have won last weeks lottery specific) what would it be?
    When I had no children, I would have made better use of my free time!

I think that will do for now.
    OK, let me know if you want to know anything else, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    They saved the most beautiful woman for last.
    Are you TRYING to make me melt????? 'cuz it's working!

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Odetta, this picture is breath-taking. You are so beautiful.
    THIS compliment from Letti!

When did you start to play the piano? Why did you start it? Was it your decision?
    I started playing when I was 8. My parents asked me if I wanted to play the piano, I said yes, they bought me a piano.

How did you become a teacher? Was it a plan for long in your heart as a kid?
    If you had asked me if I would become a piano teacher as a kid I would have laughed at you! I started teaching when I was 17 for MY piano teacher at the time... and I realized I loved it!

Do you teach children or adults? Or both?
    I teach both

Who is your favourite student right now?
    I teach these 2 brothers (one is 12 and one is 15) who are truly amazing and very passionate about playing.

How many lessons do you have a week?
    Fortunately, I have only about 20 students this year, I usually have more, but with the adoptions, I am glad I have less because I've needed to be around more.

Aren't you bored or tired of teaching sometimes?
    Most definitely! Especially after 20 years! What I REALLY want to do is open a studio and have teachers working for me!

thanks, darlin'!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Odetta;262410]
    If you want to move to Canada, you need a worker's VISA and have someone to sponsor you so you can stay here forever!
    O!!!!

Got any extra room in the basement for American expatriates?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Odetta you beautiful lovely lady! *waves*

What is your favorite plant in your house? How old is your oldest plant?

What is your favorite T-Shirt?

What is in your CD player at this moment?

How are the girls doing with the two new additions?

You said you went to an island just off of Venezuela. When did you go and do you have plans to try and get back?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Favorite smilie?

Candy or Chocolate?

Favorite non alcohol drink?

Favorite alcoholic drink?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Brice;262435]
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    O!!!!

Hey hey hey! I have dibs on the basement!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Daghain;262453]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    O!!!!

Oh!

We can share?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, since it's you...yes.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow...none of the pictures you've ever posted before have clearly shown your face...you are gorgeous!! Why are you so camera shy on here???

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's pretty unanimous here and I toss in my vote, Odetta is babelicious!

(1) Although I have not done it myself, I have great respect for people who adopt. What circumstances led you to do so?

(2) Are you a morning person or a night owl? How about your husband?

(3) If you had an animal familiar, what animal would that be?

(4) Do you believe in reincarnation?

(5) What 3 things do you consider to be personal strengths if you were to describe yourself?

Thanks ever so much!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

[quote=Brice;262435]
    O!!!!

[quote=Daghain;262453]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    O!!!!

Dags gets the basement, and you, dear Brice, are getting locked in my closet!

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Odetta you beautiful lovely lady! *waves*
    *waves back*

What is your favorite plant in your house? How old is your oldest plant?
    my fave plant is my giant peace lily. I have had it for about 20 years and I got it from one of my music teachers. She had it for at least 10 years, so I'm thinking it's about 30 years old!

What is your favorite T-Shirt?
    hmmm... I don't have one at the moment... I have a killer red dress tho!

What is in your CD player at this moment?
    Queens Greatest Hits 2

How are the girls doing with the two new additions?
    Things are going as well as can be expected... I think it's going to take a long time.

You said you went to an island just off of Venezuela. When did you go and do you have plans to try and get back?
    I was 15... I went with a church group and we painted a school for some of the local children.
    I would like to go back... especially to that beach!

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Favorite smilie?
    I have 3...

and

Candy or Chocolate?
    chocolate... but only the really good, expensive kind

Favorite non alcohol drink?
    I make really good fruit smoothies!

Favorite alcoholic drink?
    Jack Daniels

hope this answers your questions! *smooch*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Wow...none of the pictures you've ever posted before have clearly shown your face...you are gorgeous!! Why are you so camera shy on here???

*kicks dirt*

i dunno

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

O, please allow me to echo the above statements in regards to your overpowering beauty! WOW your stunningly lovely!
    Today I am asking everyone the same question...
    Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen one?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    It's pretty unanimous here and I toss in my vote, Odetta is babelicious!
    I love you, too! *kiss*

(1) Although I have not done it myself, I have great respect for people who adopt. What circumstances led you to do so?
    Well, my husband was adopted when he was 4, so I guess it was always something we wanted to do... have one and adopt one. Which became 3.

(2) Are you a morning person or a night owl? How about your husband?
    I am a noon person, actually. He is a night owl.

(3) If you had an animal familiar, what animal would that be?
    Probably a jaguar or a leopard... which is weird, because I am not a cat person, but I do think that those would be the animals!

(4) Do you believe in reincarnation?
    I believe in reincarnation MORE than I believe in heaven and hell... if that makes sense.

(5) What 3 things do you consider to be personal strengths if you were to describe yourself?
    I am the "go-to" person for advice and help.

I tell it straight, no dicking around. Sometimes, it gets me in trouble, but I still think it is a strength.

I have empathy.

Thanks ever so much!!
    You are ever so welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    O, please allow me to echo the above statements in regards to your overpowering beauty! WOW your stunningly lovely!
    you flatter me...

Today I am asking everyone the same question...
    Do you believe in ghosts? Have you ever seen one?
    This may be a wishy-washy answer, but some days I do, some days I don't.
    No, I have never seen a ghost... that I am aware of.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast